Club transfers

Started by SCFC, March 21, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clonadmad

This is only the tip of the Iceberg

Go down to underage,minor 16 and 14 particularly in hurling and you have all sorts of shenanigans going on,no one seems to bother with transfers at that age group,it's a free for all.

The Monument Road

Quote from: clonadmad on July 06, 2017, 05:41:42 PM
This is only the tip of the Iceberg

Go down to underage,minor 16 and 14 particularly in hurling and you have all sorts of shenanigans going on,no one seems to bother with transfers at that age group,it's a free for all.
Not familiar with the hurling side but something may be done about this whole transfer system. Even at inter county level the system is so open/free for all its beyond incredible. I know of some who moved counties ( to play club ) on an inter county transfer and never left their home county at any stage.
On another note Id say the higher authorities are not too smitten with our CB. I think our CB had to foot all expenses taken by individuals to the DRA this year. That annoys me. I am one of many who buy all county tickets etc and support  functions etc. Hard raised funds going to pay DRA expenses !!. 

High Fielder

Their legal advice must have been poor Monument. They gave illegal transfers and then tried to block more illegal transfers. Only in Laois

SCFC

Quote from: The Monument Road on July 06, 2017, 04:13:42 PM
Not alone is this transfer debatable the Kingstons transfer is also debatable, as is the two transfers to Kileen last year from Spink, Dunphy and kelly, This chap who transferred from St Josephs to Ballinakill is also very debatable. Anyone remember the Bowe, Langton and ramsbottom transfers from Park to stradbally.That was very debateable back then although we didnt have social media those days. Can anyone tell me the difference between Dalys transfer and the above mentioned.Id like if those who are so vocal about Dalys to comment.
100% agreed. Stradbally screwed over Park every bit as badly back in the day. Neither of those chaps should have been allowed leave Spink either. Or the 2 Graigue lads playing with Killeen. All those moves stank.
There's probably more on the hurling side that I'm not familiar with.

The PRO

Quote from: SCFC on July 06, 2017, 07:09:57 PM
Quote from: The Monument Road on July 06, 2017, 04:13:42 PM
Not alone is this transfer debatable the Kingstons transfer is also debatable, as is the two transfers to Kileen last year from Spink, Dunphy and kelly, This chap who transferred from St Josephs to Ballinakill is also very debatable. Anyone remember the Bowe, Langton and ramsbottom transfers from Park to stradbally.That was very debateable back then although we didnt have social media those days. Can anyone tell me the difference between Dalys transfer and the above mentioned.Id like if those who are so vocal about Dalys to comment.
100% agreed. Stradbally screwed over Park every bit as badly back in the day. Neither of those chaps should have been allowed leave Spink either. Or the 2 Graigue lads playing with Killeen. All those moves stank.
There's probably more on the hurling side that I'm not familiar with.
Danny Donoghue Harps to Ballyroan

HURLING1

Quote from: High Fielder on July 06, 2017, 08:57:20 AM
What a farce. It looks like the CB did more harm than good with their intervention. The Barrowhouse club is getting a raw deal out of this, and its members now have to watch three footballers going to other clubs to play their football. It's obvious reading the above that Daly did all the running and Josephs backed it, as any club would in the same circumstances. The CB have seriously let down Barrowhouse with their failed intervention. They have also failed as a Board to put in place a provision that ensures Senior football is available to everyone whilst simultaneously allowing a lad to stay with his home club. All in all, another embarrassing episode. If this was going on elsewhere, heads would be rolling. What has happened here could be the difference between Barrowhouse staying up or going down. If they do go down, they could argue that Daly wouldn't have got the transfer but for the CB's failed intervention. Interesting stuff
Well put together HF

Pablo Escobar

O moore parklife

Quote from: Pablo Escobar on July 11, 2017, 10:30:13 AM
http://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/sport/259140/daly-transfer-goes-through-despite-concerns-raised-over-validity-of-permanent-residence.html#.WWSYzunyRSQ.twitter

How did he get this transfer. The evidence would overwhelmingly suggest he is not living in this derelict house.
Just read it myself farcical stuff. The independent committee set up would really have to be looked at.
The lad daly will have a stigma attached to him for good unfortunately for him..
You have to admire club men who stick with a smaller club out of pride to themselves the likes of donoher with courtwood and the likes.

The Monument Road

Quote from: Pablo Escobar on July 11, 2017, 10:30:13 AM
http://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/sport/259140/daly-transfer-goes-through-despite-concerns-raised-over-validity-of-permanent-residence.html#.WWSYzunyRSQ.twitter

How did he get this transfer. The evidence would overwhelmingly suggest he is not living in this derelict house.
Nothing new Pablo.I heard of one particular half built derelict house used in Kileen to facilitate transfer(s) with briers and bushes growing out the window. Do you know anything about that Pablo.

Pablo Escobar

No derelict houses down here. We have two housing estates for these things 😉

The Monument Road

Quote from: Pablo Escobar on July 11, 2017, 02:08:45 PM
No derelict houses down here. We have two housing estates for these things 😉
Good man Pablo. At least now we know the motive of your whinge. Im sure the Josephs lads on here are in titters.

Pablo Escobar

At least hook that man up with a proper electricity supply. If we get a bad winter the poor chap will perish with the cold.

clonadmad

After reading that article and the other transfer tales in the past 10/15 years here in Laois

Let's call a spade a spade

If you want to transfer,you will get one.

Nevermind the rule book and the various refusals you might get from the various committees.

Plough on

You will eventually get your wish.

Now I'm off to tap up a few promising underage prospects in neighboring clubs.

You don't even have to be living in a parish to play underage hurling with another parish team at this stage (and no,I'm not talking about isolated players)

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: clonadmad on July 11, 2017, 06:06:27 PM
After reading that article and the other transfer tales in the past 10/15 years here in Laois

Let's call a spade a spade

If you want to transfer,you will get one.

Nevermind the rule book and the various refusals you might get from the various committees.

Plough on

You will eventually get your wish.

Now I'm off to tap up a few promising underage prospects in neighboring clubs.

You don't even have to be living in a parish to play underage hurling with another parish team at this stage (and no,I'm not talking about isolated players)

Until a lad was refused a transfer to my club, on the basis of an address. He is genuinely living there (and has been for a good while), but it's all in his sister's name.

Sure, an esb bill for a cowshed was accepted in a case I know about. Apparently, a family of five living in a field.

Genuine case - turned down.
Fake esb bills - accepted.

Because....#countyboard.

High Fielder

The CB had some neck trying to stop Daly's transfer in view of all that has gone before. Did they have to pay the costs for their failed intervention? Barrowhouse should put in a vote of no confidence in the entire CB. How does a small club like that promote the GAA when three of its best players in the last number of years were granted illegal transfers? Little wonder we're in the mess we're in right now