Club transfers

Started by SCFC, March 21, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballyroan Abbey

Quote from: hurlingmad on February 28, 2017, 06:12:58 PM
Quote from: border on February 28, 2017, 12:55:35 PM
Did anyone hear anything from the transfers last night if they went through.
Heard nothing more than a rumor and i have to stress that it mightnt/probably isnt true but heard that Ben Conroy is looking to go to portlaoise and the club are giving him the relevelant documents like address etc...

Heard this a few weeks ago myself

hurlingmad

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on February 28, 2017, 06:20:22 PM
Heard nothing more than a rumor and i have to stress that it mightnt/probably isnt true but heard that Ben Conroy is looking to go to portlaoise and the club are giving him the relevelant documents like address etc...

Very bad form if there is any truth to it, hopefully not

Keyser Söze

Quote from: hurlingmad on February 28, 2017, 06:25:14 PM

I could have picked you up wrong, but were you not complaining about Kyle objecting to transfer/standing in the way of players moving? And praising the approach that Knock took in allowing players to leave?
I'd be interested to know what you see different about this potential move?

I'm not defending or attacking Kyle, Slieve Bloom, Knock or Portlaoise here- just wondering. Maybe I have picked you up wrong.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

hurlingmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on February 28, 2017, 07:54:12 PM

I could have picked you up wrong, but were you not complaining about Kyle objecting to transfer/standing in the way of players moving? And praising the approach that Knock took in allowing players to leave?

I'm not defending or attacking Kyle, Slieve Bloom, Knock or Portlaoise here- just wondering. Maybe I have picked you up wrong.

No im not attacking slieve bloom at all, I just heard the usual lark that its a so called dirty transfer with the old esb bill trick. Now as I stated i cannot say there is any truth to it. I dont believe it is the way to go about a transfer especially to a bigger club within your own county. Unless portlaoise did a gaels amalgamation that I didnt hear or read about which i doubt

Id also like to add from a personal point of view as a complete neutral, I cannot understand a player wanting to leave to play senior club hurling when they already play with the county and soon to be intermediate with their club but im not ben conroy or conor quinlan

Keyser Söze

Quote from: hurlingmad on February 28, 2017, 08:05:22 PM

No im not attacking slieve bloom at all, I just heard the usual lark that its a so called dirty transfer with the old esb bill trick. Now as I stated i cannot say there is any truth to it. I dont believe it is the way to go about a transfer especially to a bigger club within your own county. Unless portlaoise did a gaels amalgamation that I didnt hear or read about which i doubt

Id also like to add from a personal point of view as a complete neutral, I cannot understand a player wanting to leave to play senior club hurling when they already play with the county and soon to be intermediate with their club but im not ben conroy or conor quinlan

Fair enough, I had interpreted your previous posts as saying that Kyle should allow their better players to leave in order to better themselves, like you or another posted described Knock doing for their players.

hurlingmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on February 28, 2017, 08:11:07 PM
Quote from: hurlingmad on February 28, 2017, 08:05:22 PM

Fair enough, I had interpreted your previous posts as saying that Kyle should allow their better players to leave in order to better themselves, like you or another posted described Knock doing for their players.

I may come across as a bit militant at times but im actually a nice guy 😜 but the real issue i had with kyle is they had the senior b amalgamation with trumera albiet not ideal logistically they didnt give it a chance in a nutshell thats my issue with kyle but otherwise would like to see them survive as it is a lovely little place and thriving community which is vital that a hurling club exists

honest hurler

I think hurling mad it's people like you that spreads bad shit like this it is true that Conroy is looking to go to portlaoise but what you said about portlaoise giving him anything is not true I have it from very good contact that he wanted to play senior hurling and Castletown refused their requests so the only club to offer him that was ballinkill then slieve bloom refused to sign even though they led. Ballinkill on they say that they never wanted to let him play senior what a pity as he loved his club and could play both it is all political I'm told and talking to my contact it might mean the slow down of that club considering they never had a county player before

hurlingmad

Quote from: honest hurler on February 28, 2017, 08:51:34 PM
I think hurling mad it's people like you that spreads bad shit like this it is true that Conroy is looking to go to portlaoise but what you said about portlaoise giving him anything is not true I have it from very good contact that he wanted to play senior hurling and Castletown refused their requests so the only club to offer him that was ballinkill then slieve bloom refused to sign even though they led. Ballinkill on they say that they never wanted to let him play senior what a pity as he loved his club and could play both it is all political I'm told and talking to my contact it might mean the slow down of that club considering they never had a county player before

I simply stressed the fact that i couldnt place truth to it, not spreadig rumor as fact at all.

Bueller

Portlaoise poaching another player. The gloves are off in the town. I wonder will they take this one to the DRA. Disappointed in cheddar. For shame.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: honest hurler on February 28, 2017, 08:51:34 PM

I presume Ballinakill were offering Senior hurling to all Slieve Bloom players? Or was it just Ben Conroy?
Funny wording you chose!

And you do realise that you have listed Slieve Bloom as your club on your profile here?!
I'd say your contact is pretty good alright!

Unlaoised

Quote from: Bueller on February 28, 2017, 10:36:22 PM
Portlaoise poaching another player. The gloves are off in the town. I wonder will they take this one to the DRA. Disappointed in cheddar. For shame.

Who did they poach?
LAOIS ABÚ

honest hurler

as i have said conroy was not the only player that ballinkill wanted they were looking for a complete gaels all players i am told and neutral gerseys they were giving just slieve bloom were afraid of the offer it might spark off a problem with castletown whom i hear now could not care less also i am told that the slieve bloom chairman wanted to contact his county board delegate at the county board meeting to confirm the gaels with ballinakill but he refused to accept his call so whats going on just facts from a very good friend within

Don Draper

Quote from: honest hurler on March 01, 2017, 01:02:13 PM
as i have said conroy was not the only player that ballinkill wanted they were looking for a complete gaels all players i am told and neutral gerseys they were giving just slieve bloom were afraid of the offer it might spark off a problem with castletown whom i hear now could not care less also i am told that the slieve bloom chairman wanted to contact his county board delegate at the county board meeting to confirm the gaels with ballinakill but he refused to accept his call so whats going on just facts from a very good friend within
Well I'm dizzy after reading that.

honest hurler

Well don we should always try to tell tell the truth on this site and what I have said is the truth within slieve bloom all the players wanted was a chance to play senior hurling and stay with their club I would say to people to try and get the facts before putting pen to paper these are truth from my contact within

Don Draper

Quote from: honest hurler on March 01, 2017, 01:44:24 PM
Well don we should always try to tell tell the truth on this site and what I have said is the truth within slieve bloom all the players wanted was a chance to play senior hurling and stay with their club I would say to people to try and get the facts before putting pen to paper these are truth from my contact within
"Your contact". Straight away, you're basing everything on second hand information.

Give over will you.