Club transfers

Started by SCFC, March 21, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

Quote from: hurlingmad on February 01, 2017, 06:07:41 PM
Quote from: Goku on February 01, 2017, 02:27:33 PM
Did the Transfer of Quinlan from Kyle to B/K go through after?

Kyle denied his transfer along with Adrian Kelly who wants to go back to his home club in Ballinahinch in Tipperary which is quite bitter considering its his home club

Heard that from a member of B/K at work

The word "denied" is misleading here. No club can "deny" any transfer. They can "object", the transfer then goes to a hearing involving the County Board, the player and both clubs involved in the transfer. If there is a case for the transfer (i.e. if it fits within the criteria for which transfers can be granted) then the "objection" will be thrown out.

As regards Kelly returning to his home club, there is no way to stop somebody returning to their "Home Club/First Club", and residency etc is not required. This is particularly the case when transferring between two different counties. This would be my reading of Rule 6.6 (B). On page 72 here (http://www.gaa.ie/mm/Document/TheGAA/RulesandRegulations/12/19/54/2015OfficialGuide-Part1_English.pdf)

Overall, Kyle have been "robbed" of many talented players through the years, going back as far as Kieran Carey in the 1950s. Other prominent out migrators include Arien Delaney and Darren Gilmartin.
Many clubs have a policy of objecting to all outward transfers. Sometimes players blink when faced with the prospect of a "hearing" and don't fancy the hassle. The player will often end up togging out for the team they wanted to leave a few months later. All is forgiven.
This policy of "objecting to all" also means nobody feels hard done by or personally targeted.

If Kyle operate this policy it is hard to blame them! Survival is at stake.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

hurlingmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on February 01, 2017, 06:32:22 PM
Quote from: hurlingmad on February 01, 2017, 06:07:41 PM
Quote from: Goku on February 01, 2017, 02:27:33 PM
Did the Transfer of Quinlan from Kyle to B/K go through after?

Kyle denied his transfer along with Adrian Kelly who wants to go back to his home club in Ballinahinch in Tipperary which is quite bitter considering its his home club

Heard that from a member of B/K at work

The word "denied" is misleading here. No club can "deny" any transfer. They can "object", the transfer then goes to a hearing involving the County Board, the player and both clubs involved in the transfer. If there is a case for the transfer (i.e. if it fits within the criteria for which transfers can be granted) then the "objection" will be thrown out.

As regards Kelly returning to his home club, there is no way to stop somebody returning to their "Home Club/First Club", and residency etc is not required. This is particularly the case when transferring between two different counties. This would be my reading of Rule 6.6 (B). On page 72 here (http://www.gaa.ie/mm/Document/TheGAA/RulesandRegulations/12/19/54/2015OfficialGuide-Part1_English.pdf)

Overall, Kyle have been "robbed" of many talented players through the years, going back as far as Kieran Carey in the 1950s. Other prominent out migrators include Arien Delaney and Darren Gilmartin.
Many clubs have a policy of objecting to all outward transfers. Sometimes players blink when faced with the prospect of a "hearing" and don't fancy the hassle. The player will often end up togging out for the team they wanted to leave a few months later. All is forgiven.
This policy of "objecting to all" also means nobody feels hard done by or personally targeted.

If Kyle operate this policy it is hard to blame them! Survival is at stake.

Okay then it went to vote and was objected to
They have had talented hurlers through the years there is no doubt about it but as someone above stated maybe it is time they spend tge time and energy they use objecting to transfers of lads who get cheesed off because nobody goes training and turns up to matches when it comes to championship and work on amalgamating to secure good training and a competitive team for every hurler

HURLING1

Because Kyle object to all transfers very few ever return. The other half of the parish Knock allow their players transfer mostly to Roscrea to play Senior Hurling and most return and play for Knock for many years after .

hurlingmad

Quote from: HURLING1 on February 01, 2017, 07:13:44 PM
Because Kyle object to all transfers very few ever return. The other half of the parish Knock allow their players transfer mostly to Roscrea to play Senior Hurling and most return and play for Knock for many years after .

Yes that is true, The Flynns, Joe Caroll and the davies and ryans have all pledged to return to knock by the time they are 30

Keyser Söze

HurlingMad and Hurling1 alot of yer posts concern Kyle, maybe ye should get together and come up with a proposal to show them the way! Should be easy organise a meet up  :D

There is no great work in "objecting" to any outward transfer and putting the onus on the player moving to provide a case as to why he should move.
I, for one, don't agree with the Knock method of allowing players to feck off and play with another club during their best days, and to be welcomed back with open arms after. That is not ok in my book. Being a feeder club for your bigger neighbour and welcoming back the scraps later on in their career.

Kyle play in Laois, there is nobody obvious for them to amalgamate with in Laois due to their location. Neither Camross nor Borris Kilcotton would entertain an "amalgamation". Why would they?
Moving counties is a massive decision and one that very few clubs would actually take. I don't think they should be castigated for not doing this.

Quote from: hurlingmad on February 01, 2017, 07:19:05 PM
Yes that is true, The Flynns, Joe Caroll and the davies and ryans have all pledged to return to knock by the time they are 30

That is nice of them!

hurlingmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on February 01, 2017, 07:24:36 PM
HurlingMad and Hurling1 alot of yer posts concern Kyle, maybe ye should get together and come up with a proposal to show them the way! Should be easy organise a meet up  :D

There is no great work in "objecting" to any outward transfer and putting the onus on the player moving to provide a case as to why he should move.
I, for one, don't agree with the Knock method of allowing players to feck off and play with another club during their best days, and to be welcomed back with open arms after. That is not ok in my book. Being a feeder club for your bigger neighbour and welcoming back the scraps later on in their career.

Kyle play in Laois, there is nobody obvious for them to amalgamate with in Laois due to their location. Neither Camross nor Borris Kilcotton would entertain an "amalgamation". Why would they?
Moving counties is a massive decision and one that very few clubs would actually take. I don't think they should be castigated for not doing this.

That is nice of them!
I dont know where you get your keyboard agressivness from, but manners sure dont cost a lot, I however dont wish you any badness, God bless

A discussion about a known transfer on a club transfer forum that happens to be about Kyle. And if hurling1 and and Kyle lads would like to meet up, I will be in ianos friday having a nice cold pint if they would like to join me ;)

HURLING1

Keyser we're not trying to tell ye how to run things in Kyle just to point out there are other ways. Fair play with your memory going back to Kieran Carey., one of the most decorated hurlers in the country.

hurlingmad

Quote from: HURLING1 on February 01, 2017, 08:27:55 PM
Keyser we're not trying to tell ye how to run things in Kyle just to point out there are other ways. Fair play with your memory going back to Kieran Carey., one of the most decorated hurlers in the country.
And hes son plays corner back for knock, he is dangerous on the field but literally a gentleman off it

Keyser Söze

Quote from: hurlingmad on February 01, 2017, 07:37:05 PM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on February 01, 2017, 07:24:36 PM

That is nice of them!
I dont know where you get your keyboard agressivness from, but manners sure dont cost a lot, I however dont wish you any badness, God bless

A discussion about a known transfer on a club transfer forum that happens to be about Kyle. And if hurling1 and and Kyle lads would like to meet up, I will be in ianos friday having a nice cold pint if they would like to join me ;)

Point out the bad manners :o
And stop pretending to be two different posters ;D

Helix

Silly season for another few weeks if motion went through last night. Never seen as much talk of transfers and amalgamation lamas much as this year. Interesting weeks ahead.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

hurlingmad

Quote from: Helix on February 02, 2017, 09:32:19 AM
Silly season for another few weeks if motion went through last night. Never seen as much talk of transfers and amalgamation lamas much as this year. Interesting weeks ahead.
What motions are they putting through? What is it all about?

hurlingmad

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on February 21, 2017, 06:04:30 PM
http://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/sport/236410/county-selector-allegedly-told-player-to-leave-club-to-remain-on-laois-panel.html

Hardly a shock but not right all the same

Conor Quinlan was asked up to the Laois senior panel pre season and opted not to himself. This seems to be an autistic work of fiction by Mark Delaney

Helix

I see Adrian Kelly is gone back to home club in Tipp. On gaa transfers live list.

Quote from: hurlingmad on February 21, 2017, 07:29:53 PM
http://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/sport/236410/county-selector-allegedly-told-player-to-leave-club-to-remain-on-laois-panel.html

Conor Quinlan was asked up to the Laois senior panel pre season and opted not to himself. This seems to be an autistic work of fiction by Mark Delaney

Scaremongering at its finest but haven't seen many intercounty lads at junior b level. I'm sure a few wise heads on this forum may tell me otherwise.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

hurlingmad

Quote from: Helix on February 21, 2017, 09:27:09 PM

I see Adrian Kelly is gone back to home club in Tipp. On gaa transfers live list.

Quote from: hurlingmad on February 21, 2017, 07:29:53 PM

Scaremongering at its finest but haven't seen many intercounty lads at junior b level. I'm sure a few wise heads on this forum may tell me otherwise.

Yes thats true, I dont know about junior b but was carrick riveratown junior a when ger oakley played for offaly?