Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

I'd love to see him fight Fury too, but the big problem is that if he beats Parker and Wilder then there isn't going to be much of a challenge in the forseeable future. 

Most fighters get hurt at some stage, and with the power the heavyweights have its inevitable that you can be hurt in any fight.  Wilder caught him with a good shot but he took it well and he recovered well against Klitschko too.  Wilder could land one of his wild swings on him but Wilder will be hit harder than he ever has before and won't have the same size advantage he has had over the fighters he has previously fought.

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

GetOverTheBar

Like the rest of you I would also like to see Fury get himself back on track.

I do think the fight will happen though - Serious money could be made of it and that'll get it over the line.....eventually.

gallsman

Fury says he's coming back.

nrico2006

He changes his mind every week plus he isnt allowed to fight anyway.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lurganblue

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 31, 2017, 04:02:48 PM
He changes his mind every week plus he isnt allowed to fight anyway.

I assume this tweet means that he is now allowed to fight

https://twitter.com/Tyson_Fury/status/925061497725902849

nrico2006

Still has to have a hearing

screenexile

Fury says he weighs 25 stone at the minute . . . it's a long way back from that to being a Heavyweight champ especially against a young strong and fit Joshua. I just can't see it.

Will the young lad Dubois who dropped Joshua in sparring not be a shout over the next few years??

oakleaflad

Quote from: screenexile on November 01, 2017, 09:16:16 AM
Fury says he weighs 25 stone at the minute . . . it's a long way back from that to being a Heavyweight champ especially against a young strong and fit Joshua. I just can't see it.

Will the young lad Dubois who dropped Joshua in sparring not be a shout over the next few years??
Dubois looks like a good prospect alright but is only 20 and you would imagine he'll have another 10 or so fights before going after any top heavyweight.

bennydorano

Watched the fight as live this morning, didn't realise I was in for such a short shift! End of 1st round knockout. Opponent ropey enough but Wilder is certainly no dummy, 'freakish power' as Andy Lee said. He's like Clubber Lang the way he went in for the kill. He'd give AJ all he wants. Next Summer Blockbuster or will they string it along for another year or two?

Syferus

Quote from: bennydorano on November 05, 2017, 07:58:44 AM
Watched the fight as live this morning, didn't realise I was in for such a short shift! End of 1st round knockout. Opponent ropey enough but Wilder is certainly no dummy, 'freakish power' as Andy Lee said. He's like Clubber Lang the way he went in for the kill. He'd give AJ all he wants. Next Summer Blockbuster or will they string it along for another year or two?

Joshua has 'freakish power' and is twice the boxer Wilder is. It will be a very comfortable night's work for Joshua. Wilder will give him all he wants in terms of a big pay day, but that's where it'll end.

nrico2006

Quote from: Syferus on November 05, 2017, 09:51:12 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on November 05, 2017, 07:58:44 AM

Joshua has 'freakish power' and is twice the boxer Wilder is. It will be a very comfortable night's work for Joshua. Wilder will give him all he wants in terms of a big pay day, but that's where it'll end.
Agreed.

bennydorano

Eddie Hearn wants Wilder to fight Chisora or Whyte to prove himself😊 Must be on the wind up. Think Hearn is trying to Tee up Wilder for a future blockbuster but wants to create (fabricate) a rivalry first.

bennydorano

Watched Whyte v Chisora  again (Bad Blood show on Sky), that was some fight. Not surprised Wilder wants to dodge Whyte and go straight for AJ - he mightn't get past him.

JoG2

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 15, 2017, 02:59:51 PM
Canelo will be ringside for the Frampton fight this weekend

http://mtkglobal.com/mtk-global/mexican-superstar-canelo-set-ringside-frampton-reborn-fight-card/

Three-time Olympian Paddy Barnes also features on the card as he fights for the vacant WBO inter-continental flyweight title.
The Belfast native plans on delivering an exciting performance to make sure he isn't upstaged by the famous redhead at ringside.

"I'm not happy at all about it to be honest," laughed Barnes. "I'm meant to be the most famous ginger at this show! 'Canelo' better be cheering on one of his own when I'm fighting."  ;D