Syferus

Quote from: shark on April 09, 2018, 07:10:02 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 09, 2018, 06:40:02 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on April 09, 2018, 05:17:40 PM
Quote from: Orchard park on April 09, 2018, 04:15:54 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on April 09, 2018, 04:05:16 PM
Quote from: Manning18 on April 09, 2018, 03:22:18 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on April 05, 2018, 11:27:07 AM
Cant fathom ground capacity stuff at all, stand is 10k,so thats saying its only what 6k in other three ends , lets guess 7k in albany and bacon factory end with 5k on the other side . Wtf like how do health and safety come to these figures is it based on all patrons been 30stone , 8ft tall and 4ft wide.

Because the place is a hovel. Those low concrete slabs for sitting shouldve been levelled years ago, they're a serious safety hazard. I'll forever remember someone claiming it was an all seater stadium a few years back because he wanted Castlebar included in Irelands RWC bid. We won't delve into the brand new stand with concrete bars blocking everyone's line of vision as it's the only functioning part of the ground.
apparently thise bars save €1 million or more when they were put in

should have gone for the dearer version when the plan for payment was to default and have Croke Park bail out

Can you explain "bailout " to an aul thicko like meself as I keep thinking it sounds as if mchale park stand is no longer a debt for Mayo county board.

For a county in supposedly serious debt ye haven't had much bother spending millions on your amateur senior IC footballers. Weird that.

It really isn't that weird. Major outside funding sources (mainly from London in Mayo's case) are not interested in paying down debt. They want their money spent in one place only, the county senior team. The debt is the county board's problem, not the Mayo senior football team's problem. Where Mayo are unusual, from what I can see, is that as of the past couple of years they have included these sources in their published figures. They didn't do that in the Horan era, and many other counties have never done it.

The senior mens inter-county football team is entirely an instrument of the county board, whether the O'Sheas or the O'Connors think it is or not. They are not divsable entities.

shark

Quote from: Syferus on April 09, 2018, 07:17:20 PM
Cant fathom ground capacity stuff at all, stand is 10k,so thats saying its only what 6k in other three ends , lets guess 7k in albany and bacon factory end with 5k on the other side . Wtf like how do health and safety come to these figures is it based on all patrons been 30stone , 8ft tall and 4ft wide.

Because the place is a hovel. Those low concrete slabs for sitting shouldve been levelled years ago, they're a serious safety hazard. I'll forever remember someone claiming it was an all seater stadium a few years back because he wanted Castlebar included in Irelands RWC bid. We won't delve into the brand new stand with concrete bars blocking everyone's line of vision as it's the only functioning part of the ground.

should have gone for the dearer version when the plan for payment was to default and have Croke Park bail out

Can you explain "bailout " to an aul thicko like meself as I keep thinking it sounds as if mchale park stand is no longer a debt for Mayo county board.

For a county in supposedly serious debt ye haven't had much bother spending millions on your amateur senior IC footballers. Weird that.

It really isn't that weird. Major outside funding sources (mainly from London in Mayo's case) are not interested in paying down debt. They want their money spent in one place only, the county senior team. The debt is the county board's problem, not the Mayo senior football team's problem. Where Mayo are unusual, from what I can see, is that as of the past couple of years they have included these sources in their published figures. They didn't do that in the Horan era, and many other counties have never done it.

The senior mens inter-county football team is entirely an instrument of the county board, whether the O'Sheas or the O'Connors think it is or not. They are not divsable entities.

They are when it comes to funding the senior football team. If you want to believe that their county board are raising the funds to keep the show on the road, then go ahead and believe that.

Syferus

Quote from: shark on April 09, 2018, 07:40:11 PM

They are when it comes to funding the senior football team. If you want to believe that their county board are raising the funds to keep the show on the road, then go ahead and believe that.

You're trying very hard to move the goalposts, but it isn't going to work for you.

shark

Quote from: Syferus on April 09, 2018, 07:54:34 PM

You're trying very hard to move the goalposts, but it isn't going to work for you.

I'll simplify it so, if it really is that difficult to follow my point.

You claimed it to be weird that a county board in serious debt haven't had much bother spending big on their senior football team. My point is that those who are responsible for the debt (Mayo county board) would not have access to large amounts of money spent on the senior footballers if they wanted to spend it on anything other than the senior footballers (like paying down debt, for example).

Their county board aren't choosing to spend it on their senior footballers instead of paying down debt. They don't have that choice to make. And maybe that is a bit weird, or at least it would be if we weren't talking about the GAA.

Lar Naparka

O yes, they are! ;D ;D
Have you forgotten already what happened when the players wanted a new management and set about getting one. You were squawking louder than most on this board about the lads' temerity not to meekly accept anyone or anything the county board saw fit to put in charge. Not a single Mayo person nor a single reporter on any paper or radio channel gave two flying f**ks about what you or anyone else thought then, or now.).
And they still don't!
Thanks for all the time you spend telling us how to run our own affairs; we do appreciate your concern but we are happy the way things are and I don't know a single Mayo person who'd pay for your professional advice either.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Quote from: shark on April 09, 2018, 08:11:25 PM

You claimed it to be weird that a county board in serious debt haven't had much bother spending big on their senior football team. My point is that those who are responsible for the debt (Mayo county board) would not have access to large amounts of money spent on the senior footballers if they wanted to spend it on anything other than the senior footballers (like paying down debt, for example).

Their county board aren't choosing to spend it on their senior footballers instead of paying down debt. They don't have that choice to make. And maybe that is a bit weird, or at least it would be if we weren't talking about the GAA.

Rephrasing it doesn't change the fact you're trying to make an unrelated point. Mayo should be fundraising to service their debts and not in their endless quest to win Sam Maguire at any cost. That is a simple fact you and Lar (who ran away with his tail between his legs from the last thread) and anyone else can not get around.

Mayo and John Prenty's white elephant in Castlebar was one of the greatest hiests of GAA money outside of Dublin in living memory. Maybe only topped by Frank Murphy's nonsense in Cork. They have to live in that reality and you can be damn sure the rest of Connacht will continue to remind them of that fact.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on April 09, 2018, 09:59:04 PM

Rephrasing it doesn't change the fact you're trying to make an unrelated point. Mayo should be fundraising to service their debts and not in their endless quest to win Sam Maguire at any cost. That is a simple fact you and Lar (who ran away with his tail between his legs from the last thread) and anyone else can not get around.

Mayo and John Prenty's white elephant in Castlebar was one of the greatest hiests of GAA money outside of Dublin in living memory. Maybe only topped by Frank Murphy's nonsense in Cork. They have to live in that reality and you can be damn sure the rest of Connacht will continue to remind them of that fact.
WTF? ;D ;D ;D
What thread did I run away from?
Syf, a spell in the nearest home for the bewildered would do you a power of good.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

whitey

WTF are you talking about....White Elephant

McHale Park has the best location of any of the Connaught Stadiums with major roads going North South East and West.  It has an abundance of parking in every possible direction too.   FFS theres even a train station that the Rossies from Aothlone, Roscommon and Castlerea can take to within a few hundred yards of the Stadium.   

Its also a 40 minute straight shot from Knock Airport and I know for a fact that the Manchester, London, and East Midlands flights are full whenever theres a big Mayo game.

Those flights would be full of Rossies if you guys were a final in McHale Park

Orchard park

Mchale park a better location than the Hyde......... my hole.........

And we played in a McHale park Connsvht final  since  Mayo have

Duine Eile

whitey

Quote from: Orchard park on April 09, 2018, 10:40:11 PM

Haha....I have never heard of anyone having to leave McHale park and watch the game in a pub because they couldn't see a fvckin thing, unlike the Hyde.

And I never heard of people having to turn around and go home after sitting in traffic for three hours while on the way to McHale park, which is a regular occurrence for Mayo people on the way to Pearse Stadium

Syferus

Quote from: whitey on April 09, 2018, 11:49:00 PM
Quote from: Orchard park on April 09, 2018, 10:40:11 PM

Haha....I have never heard of anyone having to leave McHale park and watch the game in a pub because they couldn't see a fvckin thing, unlike the Hyde.

And I never heard of people having to turn around and go home after sitting in traffic for three hours while on the way to McHale park, which is a regular occurrence for Mayo people on the way to Pearse Stadium

I don't think you've ever managed to post a single sentence that a sane person could agree with.

stephenite

Mayo should be fundraising to service their debts and not in their endless quest to win Sam Maguire at any cost.

Why not do both?

Farrandeelin

Sickening Roscommon take over of a Mayo Galway thread.  ::) ::) ::)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Hound

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 10, 2018, 08:56:37 AM
Sickening Roscommon take over of a Mayo Galway thread.  ::) ::) ::)
A cmon, Syf's brain may be wired different than the rest of us, but when you accept that and know he doesn't mean anything by it, he's actually great entertainment.

Here's a selection of some recent quotes from him from only the last couple of weeks - it's almost like he's trying to describe on particular person!
I don't think you've ever managed to post a single sentence that a sane person could agree with.

Why do you keep setting up straw men in the vain hope that they will resemble a good point?

You're starting to show yourself up.

I would say you're divorced from reality

You're a cry baby.

A lot of words to say very little.

The semantic arguments the posts have fixated on are just incredible.

The sheer din of odious stupidity hasn't stopped I see

You have clearly marked yourself out as someone who is living in a world far removed from most people

By the way, when was the exact moment you became a parody of yourself?

You've been outed - you don't get to play the role of a respectable commenter on this topic.

But, sure, go ahead and keep at it and see how many people take you seriously.

Nearly as predictable as your stance on everything in this thread.

Go on, try to work your way out of this hole.

Did you actually read what he said before you fell over yourself?