Armagh v Tyrone U20

Started by screenexile, June 09, 2018, 12:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw ball

Quote from: rrhf on June 15, 2018, 03:23:57 PM
I'd say The subs are all gone for running in and then a couple of starters. Armagh will have exactly 15
For the Ulster final. They will have to bring in 2nd string lads for subs. With the manager suspended they will have a priest and  a physio on the bench. Armagh men are prepared to do anything to beat Tyrone it has certainly come back to haunt them. I think it's a shame that the Ulster council have basically destroyed them for this game. Derry by 5?

The Armagh official all the talk is about is not the manager.
Both teams participated in melee.

johnnycool

I'd say The subs are all gone for running in and then a couple of starters. Armagh will have exactly 15
For the Ulster final. They will have to bring in 2nd string lads for subs. With the manager suspended they will have a priest and  a physio on the bench. Armagh men are prepared to do anything to beat Tyrone it has certainly come back to haunt them. I think it's a shame that the Ulster council have basically destroyed them for this game. Derry by 5?

I think a stand needs to be made when lads on the bench enter the fray and the Ulster Council did the right thing.

Just need consistency.

smelmoth

Quote from: WT4E on June 15, 2018, 01:22:57 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on June 15, 2018, 11:15:31 AM
Tyrone corner forward must be in big trouble. If you look at the footage after about 10 seconds he comes sprinting in at speed and dives shoulder first into a back of a group of players. You have the question the mentality and mental age of such an individual. On the street that's straight forward assault

Agree Tyrone corner forward was wreckless for doing that only defence i can give for him is that fact that 5/6 Armagh thugs where attacjking a Tyrone man on the ground! But sure hey thats not uncommon in Armagh - just glad they didnt have iron bars!

But he should get a suspension for it.

What about the Tyrone men involved in that same incident. Are they also thugs?

If the video footage circulating is representative of all that went on then the single biggest punishment will go to that Tyrone corner forward. I would expect a fairly lengthy suspension

smelmoth

Quote from: yellowcard on June 15, 2018, 02:05:05 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on June 15, 2018, 11:15:31 AM
Tyrone corner forward must be in big trouble. If you look at the footage after about 10 seconds he comes sprinting in at speed and dives shoulder first into a back of a group of players. You have the question the mentality and mental age of such an individual. On the street that's straight forward assault

And then ran away after doing it!

Were the names of the players who were suspended released?

No names yet.

Hopefully we take our medicine.

Understandable if we ask for details of the case against each of the 10. If there is footage that proves the guilt or a report from an official that confirms guilt then there should be no appeal of the verdict.

If the individual punishments are in line with the listed penalties then there should be no appeal if that either. That goes for both sides

Bisbee

Really should not bite-but what the hell.
Can already see the Tyronies building this into another myth of a game in which they were merrily cantering along to victory only to be flummoxed by the shenanigans of the opposition. 
Armagh with or without the row, were full value for that win and really should have won it within normal time. They had the better players even when considering that one of their main men (O'Neil) did not have one of his best games.  They looked more likely to score goals and indeed, missed at least three excellent goal chances and a number of relatively easy frees. 
Tyrone were perhaps  slightly, just slightly more 'polished' which I think reflected that they together longer as a squad and were more economical with what chances came their way.  They benefited significantly from an excellent free taker but overall did not pose the same power and pace as Armagh.   I thought the ref was very generous in allowing Tyrone enough time to eventually get an equalizer-think 4 minutes of additional time had gone by when 2 minutes were initially indicated. 
Was not at all in Armagh's interest to start a row and I do not believe for a second they went out to start a row.  Certainly, they should not have let themselves contribute to how it escalated.  The intimation here from some posters that this was somehow an attempt by Armagh to rescue something from the game is is nonsense. Both teams behaved badly in the row but the best team won that night on the scoreboard. 

Armamike

Derry should walk this now.  No team can afford to lose a couple of starters never mind 6.  Armagh have been effectively chucked out of the championship.
That's just, like your opinion man.

oakleaflad

Quote from: Armamike on June 15, 2018, 04:28:26 PM
Derry should walk this now.  No team can afford to lose a couple of starters never mind 6.  Armagh have been effectively chucked out of the championship.
Derry have done very well to get to the final given that the large percentage of their team/spine/scorers are made up of players who are U19.

smelmoth

Quote from: Throw ball on June 15, 2018, 03:53:20 PM

The Armagh official all the talk is about is not the manager.
Both teams participated in melee.

Correct.

There is a few Tyrone WUMs on here claiming we started it and did so deliberately because we were a point down. On the Armagh forum there those who say Tyrone started it and did so as a deliberate time wasting exercise as they were winning. Both ideas are equally laughable.

We need to take our punishment. We can see what Tyrone do with theirs. Martin McQuillan let himself down on the sideline. He did not lead by example when the red mist descended. He will be punished but I would be very surprised if he did not lead by example now.

rrhf

I don't think too many Tyrone men were happy with the idea of the appeal. What happened wasn't good though. There's no sour grapes. Best of luck to Armagh in the final. Best team won.

tonto1888

Quote from: Taylor on June 15, 2018, 11:41:27 AM
Thats what I call a proper suspension.

If the GAA are consistent in doing this in all types of brawls irrespective of level it will eradicate them in no time.

Proper order.

Until the appeal comes in.

What are Armagh like at appeals? Have they any Fergal Logan types?

I would be confident we would get at least 6 of those off.......if not them all  ;D ;D

It's only proper if the ten who are suspended deserve their suspensions

tonto1888

Quote from: WT4E on June 15, 2018, 01:20:49 PM
Quote from: laceer on June 15, 2018, 11:51:04 AM
Embarrassing episode for all sides. Armagh's behaviour during the game, and Tyrone's afterwards, has been poor.

Totally agree - best summary to date!

Except he/she left out Tyrone's behaviour during the game

tonto1888

Quote from: Bisbee on June 15, 2018, 04:27:19 PM
Really should not bite-but what the hell.
Can already see the Tyronies building this into another myth of a game in which they were merrily cantering along to victory only to be flummoxed by the shenanigans of the opposition. 
Armagh with or without the row, were full value for that win and really should have won it within normal time. They had the better players even when considering that one of their main men (O'Neil) did not have one of his best games.  They looked more likely to score goals and indeed, missed at least three excellent goal chances and a number of relatively easy frees. 
Tyrone were perhaps  slightly, just slightly more 'polished' which I think reflected that they together longer as a squad and were more economical with what chances came their way.  They benefited significantly from an excellent free taker but overall did not pose the same power and pace as Armagh.   I thought the ref was very generous in allowing Tyrone enough time to eventually get an equalizer-think 4 minutes of additional time had gone by when 2 minutes were initially indicated. 
Was not at all in Armagh's interest to start a row and I do not believe for a second they went out to start a row.  Certainly, they should not have let themselves contribute to how it escalated.  The intimation here from some posters that this was somehow an attempt by Armagh to rescue something from the game is is nonsense. Both teams behaved badly in the row but the best team won that night on the scoreboard.

An excellent post

Therealdonald

One rash incident from a Tyrone player?? Thats what it came down to. What a load of balls

omaghjoe

Seems to be fairly obvious what went down here. Tyrone denied Armagh in normal time, were beating them in extra time. Armagh couldn't take it and went to town when the row broke out, Tyrone then let the row get to them and got beat.

Good work Armagh you have form for this carryon. 05 Ulster final?
Tho that came back to bit yous in the arse and it looks like the same is happening here.

Learn from your mistakes? Nah yis are not capable of that I wudnt think. And besides it wasnt really a mistake as actually winning the match/competition is not half as important as having a row with Tyrone and then castigating Tyrone as the big bad villan afterwards.