Armagh v Tyrone U20

Started by screenexile, June 09, 2018, 12:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

naka

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 14, 2018, 03:48:56 PM
Chatting to a guy today and he said the basis of the appeal is not that players were brought back on for extra time. That's allowee. Rather that one of the players brought back on was the player who got sent off for two yellow cards. Apparently that's not allowed
my understanding is that this isn't articulated in their appeal
the 15 players is the basis of their appeal
they I believe acknowledge that they also had 15 players on the pitch

WT4E

Quote from: mackers on June 14, 2018, 04:14:15 PM
Quote from: WT4E on June 14, 2018, 04:06:31 PM
Mackers your psyche is an interesting one - If Martin had of behaved the game would have finished without major incident whoever was victorious (probably Tyrone) - Armagh can bury their heads in the sand as much as they want but thats the reality! I think it says more about Armagh than Tyrone if they are backing McQuillan on this one.
This is my last post on the matter because this is getting stupid now. You're seriously saying that Tyrone would have won without Martin MCQuillan doing what he did.  Seriously?? How can you possibly say that??
[/quote]

I'm saying they probably would have won - not definitely. Further added time benefited Armagh for the equaliser. That point aside are you denying his actions caused the full scale melee? If Armagh where thrown out and I was an Armagh player/official/supporter who had behaved I would expect an apology from him and then let him get back to serving his ban and rebuilding his reputation and move on.

I'll also say it again the Tyrone player involved at the start was wrong getting involved in off the ball bullshit.

mackers

Quote from: WT4E on June 14, 2018, 04:40:38 PM
If Armagh where thrown out and I was an Armagh player/official/supporter who had behaved I would expect an apology from him and then let him get back to serving his ban and rebuilding his reputation and move on.
I'd imagine that's exactly what would happen. It may already have happened.  That's why I said that I thought he will apologise to whoever he thinks he should apologise to in a previous post.  You or I will probably never find out nor should we.  I have stated on several occasions now that he will be punished and he should not appeal the punishment.  I can't be any clearer.  I don't think that HIS punishment should be for Armagh to be thrown out of the competition.  What I have taken issue with is you putting the blame squarely on his shoulders for causing the full melee.  I have watched the video several times now and it would have happened in any case.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

WT4E

Quote from: mackers on June 14, 2018, 05:02:11 PM
If Armagh where thrown out and I was an Armagh player/official/supporter who had behaved I would expect an apology from him and then let him get back to serving his ban and rebuilding his reputation and move on.
I'd imagine that's exactly what would happen. It may already have happened.  That's why I said that I thought he will apologise to whoever he thinks he should apologise to in a previous post.  You or I will probably never find out nor should we.  I have stated on several occasions now that he will be punished and he should not appeal the punishment.  I can't be any clearer.  I don't think that HIS punishment should be for Armagh to be thrown out of the competition.  What I have taken issue with is you putting the blame squarely on his shoulders for causing the full melee.  I have watched the video several times now and it would have happened in any case.

I don't agree it would have happened anyway - I've said it enough times the majority of melees like that take place when non playing persons enter the field.

Had the rules fully been applied the game should have abandoned by the referee - not sure what happens in this case is it a replay or are both teams chucked out in either event Tyrone would have been the hard done by party as they where leading.

mackers

Tyrone hard done by.....I give up.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

tonto1888

Quote from: WT4E on June 14, 2018, 05:27:51 PM

I don't agree it would have happened anyway - I've said it enough times the majority of melees like that take place when non playing persons enter the field.

Had the rules fully been applied the game should have abandoned by the referee - not sure what happens in this case is it a replay or are both teams chucked out in either event Tyrone would have been the hard done by party as they where leading.

What rule is that?

Therealdonald

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 14, 2018, 09:10:22 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on June 14, 2018, 08:57:52 AM
Why was Darragh Canavan not on panel?

I believe he had the decision to stay off it this year as he was playing too much football. Hopefully we see him out next year.

I actually think there's something to do with birthdays and when the players turn 18 might be the reason. Is there not a rule for this or something?

Throw ball

If Ulster Council order a replay or something similar does that mean the referees report is wrong - assuming it does not mention the sub problem. That being the case does his view on the row or sending off be seen to be incorrect too. To further muddy the water if they decide to declare the first match null and void how can they suspend anyone if the match didn't officially count.

I know this is pushing things a bit but if the lawyers get involved many a thing can be argued. Tyrone may have opened a can of worms. Maybe they should be politely asked to withdraw the appeal. The odds then will be that Armagh will have a number of players suspended and Derry should win the final - although not too many Tyrone ones would like  that !

tyroneman

Speaking as a die hard Tyrone supporter.....Tyrone need to wise up.

Throw ball

WT4E

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 14, 2018, 06:02:08 PM
Quote from: WT4E on June 14, 2018, 05:27:51 PM

What rule is that?

1.1 POWERS OF THE REFEREE

(vii) To terminate a game because of outside
interference, or any other serious reason that
merits such action.

tyroneman

I gather the appeal has failed.

WT4E

Quote from: tyroneman on June 15, 2018, 12:14:00 AM
I gather the appeal has failed.

Glad to hear - now they will move onto the discipline procedure for the row i take it.

rrhf

Not worried that the appeal has failed. Tyrone are out..What worries me most and I have seen it in club football. Why is their no sanction for a team who when they fall behind behind, they want to get a game abandoned by turning a scrap into a subs and management field invasion. That is what happened here. Fair play to the ref for not abandoning the game and also FairPlay to Armagh. They came back after rattling Tyrone. In the row

Therealdonald

If it has, justice has been done. Beat fair and square on the night.