Armagh v Tyrone U20

Started by screenexile, June 09, 2018, 12:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw ball

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 13, 2018, 06:51:08 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on June 13, 2018, 12:17:24 PM
I've not read this story so far and am only catching up on it now but I have to laugh at this GAA thinking that if you were beaten and you deserved to be beaten even if there was a clear instance of a rule broken.

I can think back to the AI final of 1995 when Charlie Redmond got sent off and didn't go off for a number of minutes.
Can you imagine this year if Kerry are playing Mayo in the AI final and Kieran Donaghy gets a 2nd yellow but the ref doesn't notice and he plays on and sets up a goal and Dublin lose by a point.

Do you think there would be a replay?
If Mayo played badly and were well beaten by 5 points would your attitude be different?

My head hurts after reading this Fuzzman.

On the topic of the objection, I'm a Tyrone fan and am sick of the county board's attitude of raising objections. We've done it numerous times over the years for red cards and I wish we'd just get take the result on the chin and move on. That said, and it may not necessarily be relevant to this case, but I do think it's high time that the GAA thought about hiring a few legal buffs to rewrite the whole rule book to close the legal loopholes and clarify any of the grey areas. I assume it wasn't designed to withstand being picked apart by legal teams looking for technicalities.

Good point on rule book.

Jayop

The rule book is a joke.

Every player, manager, club board, county board will do whatever they can to exploit loopholes in it.

This is not a Tyrone thing despite the shite a lot of you write while turning a blind eye to everything your own club/county will do.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Jayop on June 13, 2018, 08:40:07 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 13, 2018, 10:38:51 AM
Every high-profile controversial incident in the GAA since 1995, has either directly or indirectly involved Tyrone.

::)

See 96 All-Ireland Brawl

redzone

No doubt about it that Armagh thought the game was over when they started the melee. Pretty sure that's why we aren't Gona let them get away with it this time. Cost us an ulster title one time before.
Yous cry when we "don't play by the rules" and Yous cry when we do.

WT4E

Have it on good authority that the most likely outcome of this will be a replay at a neutral venue.

Jayop

Quote from: WT4E on June 13, 2018, 09:13:57 PM
Have it on good authority that the most likely outcome of this will be a replay at a neutral venue.

I'll reserve judgement on whether they should have appealed based on the outcome of this and the actual detail on what the appeal is over.

lenny

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 13, 2018, 06:51:08 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on June 13, 2018, 12:17:24 PM
I've not read this story so far and am only catching up on it now but I have to laugh at this GAA thinking that if you were beaten and you deserved to be beaten even if there was a clear instance of a rule broken.

I can think back to the AI final of 1995 when Charlie Redmond got sent off and didn't go off for a number of minutes.
Can you imagine this year if Kerry are playing Mayo in the AI final and Kieran Donaghy gets a 2nd yellow but the ref doesn't notice and he plays on and sets up a goal and Dublin lose by a point.

Do you think there would be a replay?
If Mayo played badly and were well beaten by 5 points would your attitude be different?

My head hurts after reading this Fuzzman.

On the topic of the objection, I'm a Tyrone fan and am sick of the county board's attitude of raising objections. We've done it numerous times over the years for red cards and I wish we'd just get take the result on the chin and move on. That said, and it may not necessarily be relevant to this case, but I do think it's high time that the GAA thought about hiring a few legal buffs to rewrite the whole rule book to close the legal loopholes and clarify any of the grey areas. I assume it wasn't designed to withstand being picked apart by legal teams looking for technicalities.

Well said Benny. I could understand if Armagh gained a significant advantage but both teams went back to 15 a side. The ref was the one at fault for not knowing the rule. This is a bit desperate from tyrone and sad for the game in general. I'm happy with appeals when there has been miscarriages of justice but that doesn't apply here.

Itchy

The GAA should review the fighting footage and issue suspensions to 10 Tyrone players.  Since they are such stickers on the rules. Tyrone should be ashamed of themselves.

under the bar

Quote from: Itchy on June 13, 2018, 09:28:46 PM

The GAA should review the fighting footage and issue suspensions to 10 Tyrone players.  Since they are such stickers on the rules. Tyrone should be ashamed of themselves.

Since you're from Cavan you'll know all about being ashamed of your team then?

yellowcard

Quote from: Jinxy on June 13, 2018, 10:38:51 AM
Every high-profile controversial incident in the GAA since 1995, has either directly or indirectly involved Tyrone.

Practically all bar the 2010 Leinster final which was the most ludicrous injustice of them all given that it blatantly altered the result. Mind you it was a Tyrone referee so even then they still had some involvement!!

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jayop

Here a bit of reading for you lads.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/the-top-50-rows-in-the-history-of-the-gaa-35727425.html

By my reckoning only 3 involving Tyrone. 3 from 100 involved. 2 of them Tyrone were on the receiving end of the crap stick and then the Cavanagh incident against Monaghan which is themost overblown thing in the history of the GAA.

Now where you might be right is that every single over exaggerated nonsense controversy involves Tyrone, I'd agree. Because any time any Tyrone man or team does anything that has been done a hundred times before and a hundred times since (see Cavanagh for perfect example) it's used a stick to beat us with by people with a sad little chip on their shoulder over some time we'd have beat them.

clarshack

We were beat on the night. Armagh had no unfair advantage in ET. As others have said this is embarrassing.

Jayop

I wonder will there be the same level of critique for Donegal appealing the red card at the weekend? Will there fk.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Jayop on June 13, 2018, 10:14:41 PM
I wonder will there be the same level of critique for Donegal appealing the red card at the weekend? Will there fk.

This culture of appealing every red card is a blight on the game. McGee left the knee in about 4 times and still they are appealing the decision. Maybe the ref forgot to hole punch his report so Donegal have them on a technicality.
That was never a square ball!!