2009 Grand Slam Champions

Started by Dinny Breen, January 27, 2009, 11:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

I remember paying €45 to watch Kildare v Fermanagh and Kilkenny v Cork and remember having a little moan to herself about the price.....

and how foolish I feel now as it will cost double that (€91) to watch Ireland play England and the same for the French match, I think the IRFU might struggle to sell out Croke Park this year particularly for the French game, absolute madness...... ::)
#newbridgeornowhere

Tankie

Nah it will sell out for these games but the price is crazy, i think i will head for the hill myself!
Grand Slam Saturday!

the colonel

i paid £45 for the cheapest seats for Ireland V Scotland at Murrayfield
the difference between success and failure is energy

The Corporal

When do the tickets go on sale?

Hound

Quote from: The Corporal on January 27, 2009, 11:44:02 AM
When do the tickets go on sale?
Exactly.

There won't be a public sale of tickets. All through clubs etc.

Ireland v France will sell out easily. Their prices are a consequence of supply and demand, and in fact they could add another 10% and still sell out with ease. Maybe more.

Dinny Breen

QuoteIreland v France will sell out easily. Their prices are a consequence of supply and demand, and in fact they could add another 10% and still sell out with ease. Maybe more.

You're actually wrong, both games are sold out because the clubs have had to had to buy the tickets up front but the clubs are struggling to get rid of their tickets at those prices so we might actually see plenty of empty seats in Croke Park for the French game.
#newbridgeornowhere

baoithe

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 27, 2009, 12:10:24 PM
QuoteIreland v France will sell out easily. Their prices are a consequence of supply and demand, and in fact they could add another 10% and still sell out with ease. Maybe more.

You're actually wrong, both games are sold out because the clubs have had to had to buy the tickets up front but the clubs are struggling to get rid of their tickets at those prices so we might actually see plenty of empty seats in Croke Park for the French game.

I suppose tickets for the England game are like gold dust?

Anyone know where I could get my hands on two of these?

Hound

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 27, 2009, 12:10:24 PM

Well apologies if I'm wrong.

I'm not in a rugby club and havent heard anything of a general sale or loads of tickets available. I'll certainly be surprised when I see the plenty of empty seats when the French run out.

Dinny Breen

Well, there might not be plenty of seats <he says sheepishly>  but the clubs will struggle to sell the seats, so there might be a few empty seats...

Baoithe,

If I don't go I can get you 2........
#newbridgeornowhere

thejuice

Save your money for the leagues  ;) Sure the rugby's on the telly,
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Dinny Breen

QuoteSave your money for the leagues  Wink Sure the rugby's on the telly,

I actually bought a Kildare season ticket, what is it they about a fool and his money  :-[
#newbridgeornowhere

GaillimhIarthair

O'Driscoll retains Ireland captaincy

Head coach Declan Kidney has confirmed that Brian O'Driscoll will retain the captaincy of Ireland for the upcoming RBS Six Nations Championship.

The announcement was made today at a press conference held at Ireland's current training base in Limerick.

The move comes despite speculation that O'Driscoll, who this season gave up the captaincy of Leinster, which is now held by Leo Cullen, would be replaced in the role by Munster captain Paul O'Connell.

Ulster captain Rory Best and Munster out-half Ronan O'Gara were also touted as alternative captains.

Kidney said: 'I'm delighted that Brian has yet again agreed to lead the side in this year's championship.

'He has the leadership qualities which are vital at this level and, along with the other leaders in the squad, will be important for the tournament ahead.'

O'Driscoll has captained Ireland 51 times, most recently in the three game November International series.

Ireland's Six Nations campaign gets underway at Croke Park on Saturday, 7 February against France.

Kidney also revealed that Ireland are in negotiations to stage a fourth international in the Autumn and that a summer tour to Canada and the USA has also been agreed.

Ireland will play Tests against both sides in late May, using players who have not been selected for the Lions tour to South Africa and who will not feature in the Heineken Cup final (23 May).

An 'A' squad will be sent to the Churchill Cup, meaning that a total of around 60 players will be required for international duty this summer.

Kidney said: "This plan for the year allows us to spread the net across a greater number of players and to get to know them in the best way possible.

'With a total of 14 games that the national management will be involved in this year, it serves two purposes. Firstly, it will give us the chance to work with players who may be just below the more established members of the squad in a pressure situation.

'Secondly, it gives them the exposure which is important for their development at the highest level.'

Australia, Fiji and South Africa are Ireland's confirmed opponents in November with the extra fixture, yet to be finalised, taking place on the weekend of November 7-8.

Gnevin

Good thing Kidney was appointed , he has certainly rung in the changes  ::)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

peterquaife

we're heading down to the england game...as usual, ebay is awash with cnuts touting.. ticket touting online not outlawed in this day and age? Hooers charging 500 lids for 2 tickets for the Horgan Stand...where the fcuk is the Horgan Stand I axed my self?

PQ

thejuice

Mon prédiction

1. France
2. Wales
3. England
4. Ireland
5. Scotland
6. Italy
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016