Petrol/Diesel prices in your area

Started by Owenmoresider, November 12, 2007, 12:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

men in black

Unleaded 95: 132.9 p/L
Diesel: 136.9 p/L

Down with the girl at craigavon shopping center yesterday and this is what it was at Tesco.

Can anybody confirm that the big Supermarkets like Tesco and Asda use the same stuff as say Texaco or BP.
Why I ask is, I would normally fill up at Tesco after doing the shopping on a Saturday and would get about 33mpg.
Was down south and needed a fill up so stopped at an ESSO computer on the car started to say 37-38mpg ?

whiskeysteve

http://www.petrolprices.com/

Log on 1 or 2 post codes and every week they e-mail out the cheapest petrol/diesel prices with a certain km radius. Found it handy enough. They also have an app if you have an IPhone.

Don't think its available for prices outside of the black 6
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Candyman

Quote from: men in black on October 02, 2011, 12:15:05 PM
Unleaded 95: 132.9 p/L
Diesel: 136.9 p/L

Down with the girl at craigavon shopping center yesterday and this is what it was at Tesco.

Can anybody confirm that the big Supermarkets like Tesco and Asda use the same stuff as say Texaco or BP.
Why I ask is, I would normally fill up at Tesco after doing the shopping on a Saturday and would get about 33mpg.

I think the term is higher octane? BP ect burn "better" so more mpg
Was down south and needed a fill up so stopped at an ESSO computer on the car started to say 37-38mpg ?

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

sans pessimism

diesel in Monaghan quite cheap(when the colour is taken out of it!!)
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

gerry

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 08, 2011, 08:30:04 PM
Petrol 129.9p and Diesel 134.9p at Glendale in Omagh out the Cookstown road. Cheaper than Asda at present.

leonard's diesel can be pink at times   ;)
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ExcellentDriver

Burn Road 24-Hour Shop Cookstown: Petrol £ 1.319 per Litre.

Crossroads Ballinderry: Petrol £ 1.359 per Litre.

McGaw's Coagh: Petrol £ 1.369 per Litre.

Wright's Spar Derrykeevan (Heading towards Portadown): Petrol £ 1.379 per Litre.

Few of the places I go to. My Car's Petrol, so I only focus on Petrol Prices. ;)

I refuse to get Petrol at Asda (owned by BP) or at Topaz Stations (owned by Shell).
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

sans pessimism

Quote from: ExcellentDriver on October 09, 2011, 04:11:01 PM
Burn Road 24-Hour Shop Cookstown: Petrol £ 1.319 per Litre.

Crossroads Ballinderry: Petrol £ 1.359 per Litre.

McGaw's Coagh: Petrol £ 1.369 per Litre.

Wright's Spar Derrykeevan (Heading towards Portadown): Petrol £ 1.379 per Litre.

Few of the places I go to. My Car's Petrol, so I only focus on Petrol Prices. ;)

I refuse to get Petrol at Asda (owned by BP) or at Topaz Stations (owned by Shell).
Who owns the oil companies where you get your petrol
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Radda bout yeee

A29 Service Station Cookstown

Petrol   1.349
Diesel   1.389

orangeman

DRIVERS face a bill of almost €100 every time they fill up their cars, as more petrol price hikes loom.

As the fuel price burdens continues to grow, the cost of filling a typical family saloon car with a 55-litre tank has soared to €93.50.

A litre of petrol is now past the €1.70 barrier, almost double the price of three years ago when it cost 94c.

The average driver will have to fork out more than €2,500 over 12 months for fuel compared with about €1,800 in 2010.

When insurance, motor tax, toll charges, NCT fees, and annual servicing are added, the weekly cost of running a family car is well past €100.

International oil prices, a weakened euro and tax increases have combined to push fuel costs to their highest levels ever.

And with another harsh Budget on the way, further hikes are likely over the coming months.

And home heating oil now costs €940 for a 1,000-litre fill, compared with €800 at the same time last year.

It has gone up €40 since the start of June -- and further increases are expected as demand increases and volatile oil prices continue.

The Government now takes a massive 72pc of the retail price of fuel -- shared between excise duty, VAT and the so-called carbon tax aimed at cutting use of fossil fuels.

But there is understood to be no prospect of a reprieve in December's Budget, with ministers already dampening down calls from groups representing motorists and hauliers.

Although the tax here is high, it is still lower than some other countries in Europe -- in Britain it is closer to 80pc.

The price hike at the pumps this week comes as fuel companies pass on increases in the cost of their long range orders. Petrol is 20c more expensive and diesel 18c more, on average, than in September 2011.

Consumers Association chief executive Dermot Jewell hit out at the increases, warning of the extra burden they will place on struggling consumers.

AA director of consumer affairs Conor Faughnan said: "It has been the year from hell for fuel prices." He called on the Government to cut fuel taxes in the next Budget

Seamroga in exile

White mountain filling station outside Lisburn on the way to Dundrod : £1.45 p/l diesel.  :o

They do great sausage/bacon/egg baps though.

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

BennyCake

Anyone know the price of diesel in the south, around the border, at the minute?

upmonaghansayswe

As of last Saturday, the Topaz on the main road the far side of Aughnacloy was £1.29 for diesel.. 

All of a Sludden

Quote from: BennyCake on September 06, 2012, 05:41:05 PM
Anyone know the price of diesel in the south, around the border, at the minute?

€1.60, you can get it cheaper but I wouldn't recommend it.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.