Sligo v. Wicklow - someone has to...

Started by magpie seanie, July 04, 2014, 01:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Well the general level of enthusiasm over this tie is just unreal! Don't think we've many if any Wicklow posters and the Sligo crew are probably like myself, dreading the game! We got a monumental hammering last weekend off Roscommon followed by a dressingroom barney. Most seem to think the latter is a good sign but I would pay more attention to what happened on the field. Also, arguably our best scoring forward who has been treated like crap all year headed for Boston on Wednesday. We're in poor shape.

Wicklow look to be a better side than when they beat us a few years ago.

Do the math as they yanks say!

Syferus

How do Wicklow look better than they did under Micko? I think they look significantly worse to be honest, their league form now carries through to their championship form.

Shrewdness

Seanie, if Sligo can get their heads right, then this match is very winnable for them. But it's going to be a test for them. As far as i know the game is in Aughrim, which means that Wicklow will be well revved up for it. The big unknown is Sligo's state of mind. The Galway defeat followed by their annihilation in the Roscommon challenge will have taken their toll. If assessed on footballing ability, i'd give Sligo a hesitant vote, but if they're not mentally tuned in, Wicklow would be well capable of nailing them in Aughrim. A hard game to call.

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

magpie seanie

Mano

I read on a Hoganstand that Kilcullen is gone on holidays. Is this true Seanie?

Farrandeelin

Are Sligo as bad as seanie is saying? Is Eamon O'Hara the solution?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 04, 2014, 11:57:57 PM
Are Sligo as bad as seanie is saying? Is Eamon O'Hara the solution?

On the field or in the dug-out?

Don Corleone

Okrim is an hard place to get out of, almost as hard as to get into. I wonder why nobody calls it by it's proper title. *
As a point of order, can anyone give me the name of the so-called Wexford Park.....

*O'Byrne Park.
Why did you go to the police? Why didn't you come to me first?

Rossfan

Best of luck to Sligo - they'll need it going by their own posters.
Be nice to have a few Connacht Counties in the pot.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

sligoman2

Head to know what to expect, we have a habit if winning games when no one expects us to, it sounds like all is not well in camp Sligo, but a win today would be a nice boost.
I hope pf is a little smarter with tactics today and changes the midfield pairings.

Anyone know what the story is with Kelly marren and Hughes who are all doubtful according to the papers
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Syferus

Quote from: sligoman2 on July 05, 2014, 03:11:19 PM
Head to know what to expect, we have a habit if winning games when no one expects us to, it sounds like all is not well in camp Sligo, but a win today would be a nice boost.
I hope pf is a little smarter with tactics today and changes the midfield pairings.

Anyone know what the story is with Kelly marren and Hughes who are all doubtful according to the papers

Marren and Hughes have ankle injuries and Kelly's hamstring injury reoccurred from what I read.

Syferus

magpie seanie

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.