Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InnocentByStander

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 31, 2023, 10:46:19 AM
Quote from: Dunsilly King on July 31, 2023, 10:41:57 AM
Lets be crystal clear on this, any championship game should have a ref with his umpires and two linesmen there to support him. It simply reflects and is poor administration.

We don't have them, its not difficult to understand, well it seems to be difficult but hey, sofa expert knows best

No one isn't understanding anything, we are simply saying you should have them but you come back with typical smart remarks as per usual, can you not agree on something for once.
Would you not prefer all the help you can get?

Go to Owenbeg on a Saturday evening to watch a Derry SFC game and you'll have the whole work 4th official and all.

Hoof Hearted

Class, championship season is here and the rows are starting ! On the pitch and on discussion board
Love this time of year !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Quote from: InnocentByStander on July 31, 2023, 11:12:19 AM
Lets be crystal clear on this, any championship game should have a ref with his umpires and two linesmen there to support him. It simply reflects and is poor administration.

We don't have them, its not difficult to understand, well it seems to be difficult but hey, sofa expert knows best

No one isn't understanding anything, we are simply saying you should have them but you come back with typical smart remarks as per usual, can you not agree on something for once.

Go to Owenbeg on a Saturday evening to watch a Derry SFC game and you'll have the whole work 4th official and all.

Move to Derry then, they probably have more referee's ffs! There's stupid and then you
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

InnocentByStander

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 31, 2023, 12:23:24 PM

Move to Derry then, they probably have more referee's ffs! There's stupid and then you

There was 4 games on Saturday FOUR!!!! If they cant provide linesman there's something seriously wrong.
Turning to personal insults when you don't know what else to say  :-X :-X

Milltown Row2

Quote from: InnocentByStander on July 31, 2023, 12:32:08 PM

There was 4 games on Saturday FOUR!!!! If they cant provide linesman there's something seriously wrong.

You are good at the insults, I can go over them with you if you want?

As to more help, course we'd all love to get that help, no one said any different, people give up their free time to do officiate games they are not employed to do this, they ain't here for you and others just to have a pop at and question their integrity like you did earlier, your beef with the county completely makes most of your posts redundant.

When you engage with a decent debate on something I'll happily respond in a better manner
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

This discussion all unfolded because Brendan said it would have helped the referee if he had linesmen and umpires with him (obviously it would) He also tried to push the blame to Aghagallon citing the fact they had a mentor carded. It would have helped more if your boys behaved themselves Brendan!

Stillwater2

MR2

Did you know before your game on Friday night that you wouldn't have linesmen appointed? Was surprised when they weren't appointed for Championship games. I know you had your 4 umpires and they were used well during the course of the game on Friday night.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: marty34 on July 31, 2023, 10:28:11 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 31, 2023, 09:43:00 AM
Quote from: Sportacus on July 31, 2023, 09:10:16 AM
Quote from: EOC13 on July 31, 2023, 09:06:26 AM
It will be interesting to see if any suspensions handed out now or will it be brushed under the carpet
BT9 crew very mouthy and nasty is correct.
No linesmen at Rossa/Cargin game either McDermott reffed it well mostly and had his own umpires but it's a disgrace in a championship fixture not having linesmen in no other county would that happen maybe if games were staggered and not all at same time county would have more officials.
So now you agree with Brendan and we can move on.
Cargin's young talent bedding into senior football seamlessly and the old guard still around.  Perfect mix.  They'll be too good for anything else out there unless they're somehow caught on a bad day.

It's very hard to see Cargin being beaten. Creggan seem to have dropped a level and Portglenone while improving are probably a bit off Cargin's level.

Should Cargin not be looking beyond Antrim by this stage. They've have a few runs in Ulster now and they should be pushing on.

Seems lads on here are just content with winning Antrim and having the bragging rights in a local Antrim context.

Absolutely,  no matter how many antrim titles they win,  they need to.progress in.ulster to be in the same conversation as those St Galls teams

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Stillwater2 on July 31, 2023, 01:14:47 PM
MR2

Did you know before your game on Friday night that you wouldn't have linesmen appointed? Was surprised when they weren't appointed for Championship games. I know you had your 4 umpires and they were used well during the course of the game on Friday night.

Course we knew, we didn't have them always available last year in the group games, getting 4 umpires is difficult enough, they take some abuse too during the game and they must just turn the phone at times when I send them a message about the next game!

There will be linesmen I hope for the final rounds of the games, but linesmen will hardly stop lads getting tore into each other, that argument is thrown out loads of times and it holds no water.

I've a few holidays planned and so will others and some will only be doing league games due to the rules tests and so on, I think clubs want those who have passed the test at the very least, though going by some of the understanding of the rules by players it doesn't matter lol

Caesar

Out of interest, are there any rules in particular that seem to be commonly misunderstood by the players?

InnocentByStander

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 31, 2023, 12:39:43 PM

As to more help, course we'd all love to get that help, no one said any different, people give up their free time to do officiate games they are not employed to do this, they ain't here for you and others just to have a pop at and question their integrity like you did earlier, your beef with the county completely makes most of your posts redundant.

When you engage with a decent debate on something I'll happily respond in a better manner

People's opinions are wrong if they don't align with your own.

I've zero beef with the county board, You are quick to jump on peoples back talking about Ref's if its in anyway a negative manner, but yeah no comment or anything if they are praised.
We just said its abit strange having no lines man, and aw jesus we are the worst in the world.
What's a ref motto give respect get respect...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: InnocentByStander on July 31, 2023, 02:15:52 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 31, 2023, 12:39:43 PM

People's opinions are wrong if they don't align with your own.

I've zero beef with the county board, You are quick to jump on peoples back talking about Ref's if its in anyway a negative manner, but yeah no comment or anything if they are praised.
We just said its abit strange having no lines man, and aw jesus we are the worst in the world.
What's a ref motto give respect get respect...

As I said and I'll repeat, you have thrown plenty of insults and question peoples integrity and ability, and you want me to give you respect? Honestly lad, wise up!

As for no beef with the county, go read back some of your posts. 

I'm responding to posts about ref's, should we just all stick the boot in and have no view point? My views though are not from a county board perspective, god knows I've had plenty to say about them over the years.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Caesar on July 31, 2023, 01:50:45 PM
Out of interest, are there any rules in particular that seem to be commonly misunderstood by the players?

I think players need to know how to tackle better, I don't know if its poor coaching or deliberate coaching. Slapping and pulling the hand, players seem to think they have done no wrong.

Football is too personal, the macho stuff is cringy and the shouting and ganching when people take a score or miss is pure shite!

barnish oggie

Quote from: Caesar on July 31, 2023, 01:50:45 PM

Watching the All Ireland yesterday and it is apparent that players, even at the level the pundits played at, don't know many of the rules.

Maurice Deegan corrected them quite a few times on things they assumed were correct only to be told that the rule is actually different.

imtommygunn

Philly McMahon was very poor on the rules.