Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Maybe more involved in managing the large backroom support team, and getting as much value from that as possible. The man puts some hours into the cause, also a young family, job and club treasurer too. Hat off to him no matter what side of the wire he stands on,

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Stillwater2 on June 27, 2023, 03:17:44 PM
Is Donal on the Football management team? Have seen him on the bench for a few games this year, including the game on Sunday there were he was with the rest of the selectors.

Someone from the executive committee (chairman secretary and treasurer) I assume can take those 'seats' as would be the case at club level
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Stillwater2

bannside

I know one thing, his ambition for Antrim Football is as good as I've seen from anyone. When EMG stood down it was Donal Murphy who was more proactive than anyone else in finding a successor, starting from the very top down. I just wish we had county officials as ambitious about football punching it's weight over the years.  Every manager from a dev squad right up to senior has everything they need to get their job done...all we now need (and this is down to all of us) is to play some part in bringing through a better quality juvenile, whether that's at club school or county dev squad level. The excellent work by SV / SBF / Club Aontroma has delivered a financial structure that can facilitate this.

podge

I am not a football mad fan but credit to Andy and the county board for putting a bit of pride back in the jersey and setting up a good platform to build from.  A few random observations from the watching it over the last few weeks-

- there seems to be a real air of professionalism and structure about the set up that I haven't seen before
- the physical conditioning seemed to have come a long way (maybe more to do there, I don't know)
- I saw a photograph of the back room team and couldn't believe there was something like 17 on it- not sure how we afford that!
- I think it's refreshing the Conor Laverty allowed the Down players to play for their clubs throughout the TC.  IMO more counties should be doing this- it can only improve the standard of club football which benefits everyone short term.

BrendanAntrim

It's not the case that Down players played for their clubs en masse, as suggested. Only fringe players played for their clubs, not that much different than with Antrim players.

wolfofwhitehall

A long shot but does anyone know the laverty cup game results from last night?

country bumpkin

Quote from: wolfofwhitehall on June 28, 2023, 11:29:13 AM

Cargin beat Con Magees (aet)......super game.....

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: wolfofwhitehall on June 28, 2023, 11:29:13 AM

All Saints beat Moneyglass by a goal
Creggan beat tir na nog
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

geezer

PG1 win league tonight if they win?

Would ye whist

imtommygunn

Would cargin not be favourites to win that game?

EOC1923

Quote from: geezer on June 28, 2023, 12:24:46 PM
PG1 win league tonight if they win?
They do surely, wee bit of pressure on them. Interesting to see how they cope with it

bannside

Cargin, multiple county champions would be favourites in most people's books, on a good run and a lot of previously missing players back on the fold.

I forecast a close game a few weeks ago and it turned out that way. Not expecting anything else tonight. If we win or draw we will celebrate our first league title...if we lose we will attempt to do so in remaining games.

Cargin the benchmark in the county, anyone seeking silverware needs to be able to match up to that level. And that's not easy!

imtommygunn

It's a tight one.... Level with not very long left.