Yes
15 (30.6%)
No
27 (55.1%)
I'm an undecided fool
7 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

theskull1

Can youse imagine what it would be like playing a full contact sport with loads of people you are sexually attracted to.  Deary me

Have to say it all seems to me that gays playing rugby is nothing more than the flirting before an all out orgy

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Sky Blue

Quote from: theskull1 on February 20, 2008, 12:50:02 PM

Have to say it all seems to me that gays playing rugby is nothing more than the flirting before an all out orgy

A bit like sheep sheering for culchies?  ;)

red hander

Quote from: Sky Blue on February 20, 2008, 12:51:52 PM

Looking forward to the Queen's visit, you Jackeens? ;)

feetofflames

"If you can have a womans rugby team, why not a gay one? "

Are you saying that all female rugby players are lesbiennes :P
Chief Wiggum

his holiness nb

Quote from: red hander on February 20, 2008, 01:05:51 PM
Quote from: Sky Blue on February 20, 2008, 12:51:52 PM

Looking forward to the Queen's visit, you Jackeens? ;)

Ah jaysus Red Hander, the sheep shearer thing was funny. You have to come up with something better as a comeback  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Orior

Why cant we have mixed sex rugby?....*pause for thought* .... *smiles*.....  oh, well, maybe not.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Can youse imagine what it would be like playing a full contact sport with loads of people you are sexually attracted to.  Deary me

That's like saying you walk into any ordinary bar and want to ride every woman in the place. 

Does that mean a farmer will shag every one of his sheep because they all look the same?
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Puckoon

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on February 20, 2008, 01:23:23 PM

That's like saying you walk into any ordinary bar and want to ride every woman in the place. 

Does that mean a farmer will shag every one of his sheep because they all look the same?

Only the durtiest looking ones.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on February 20, 2008, 01:23:23 PM

Spot on, I remember there were strong rumours about a guy on a team I played with a few years back being gay (since proven untrue).
I said I couldnt give a f**k. One of the guys was shocked, saying "what about getting in the shower with him". I said "you should be ok, your an ugly f**ker!!"   ;D
Ask me holy bollix

Tankie

there is a gay rugby team in Dublin too, Emerald Warriors they are called - we are playing them in a couple of weeks so I can let you guys know how it goes.

I wonder how hard they will be hitting the rucks :o
Grand Slam Saturday!

his holiness nb

And just where have you been young man???

Dont think you can just waltz in here after almost two months out without an explanation!!!!

;)
Ask me holy bollix

Tankie

Quote from: his holiness nb on February 20, 2008, 01:33:05 PM
And just where have you been young man???

Dont think you can just waltz in here after almost two months out without an explanation!!!!

;)

End of year reviews were coming up in work so decided to do a bit of work! ;)
Grand Slam Saturday!

full back

Quote from: ziggysego on February 19, 2008, 09:19:04 PM
However, one of the team's founders, Declan Lavery, said everyone was welcome to join the club.

"When the club was set up it welcomed members regardless of their age, creed, religion, sexual orientation or whatever, and that's how it continues," Mr Lavery said.

"Yes, it was primarily something established as a vehicle for gay people but that doesn't mean somebody who isn't gay can't join, everyone is welcome."

I just cant understand this cnut Poots at all.
Does he like hearing his own voice?
Why doesnt he use them big lugs for listening rather than mouthing all the time?
Is it his objective to annoy as many people as possible?
The above statement clearly says anyone is welcome. Naturally gays would feel more at home playing with people of their own sexual orientation but it is not exclusive.
Can anyone be more blatant about being homophobic?

saffron sam2

Quote from: Evil Genius on February 20, 2008, 12:37:29 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on February 20, 2008, 10:00:48 AM
Good to see the efforts to bring the chinese guys into the fold at the NI game. From what I hear, they get a lot of racist abuse in certain areas up North, werent one group putting up posters giving out about "yellow people" coming here a year or so back? Cant remember who it was, or which "side" before we get into a "you lot are more racist that our lot debate.

Tbh, whilst there is a great degree of racism in NI generally, soccer can only do what it can do. As such, I am proud that they not only support and actively encourage participation between the two "main" communities in NI, but they also do a hell of a lot of work with e.g. disabled and homeless football, women and girls, immigrant groups and cross-border games etc, as well as the Chinese team, which latter I know has been especially well received by NI's Chinese community.

http://www.irishfa.com/grassroots/womens-development/
http://www.irishfa.com/grassroots/disability-football/
http://www.irishfa.com/grassroots/football-for-all/

Surely you mean 'begrudgingly tolerate'
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

feetofflames

Fiodoir
..and your problem is?  I took one there for Laoislad and the guys!
Chief Wiggum