The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

She is not really the sharpest tool in the box her. Whoever did it will inevitably be finished. We can only hope they finish him off too.

seafoid

Did anything actually change or is Donaldson gaslighting to get back in?

Dougal Maguire

I see they're talking about a meeting of the Assembly on Saturday which could be difficult for double jobbing Justin McNulty
Careful now

Wildweasel74

My money still on ole Ian

red hander

Quote from: seafoid on January 30, 2024, 05:47:59 PMDid anything actually change or is Donaldson gaslighting to get back in?

He got fcuk all squared and is lying to his base, the majority of which is too thick to realise it.

marty34

It's important for Donaldson to get this over the line asap i.e. this week-end.

The longer it takes, I think there'll be more questions.

They basically backed themselves into a corner, shot themselves in the foot and expect the Brits to bail them out with jargon, fudge and bluff saying things have changed and they've got what they wanted.

Pure waffle. The EU seem to be happy with it so there's the problem straight away for the DUP.

From the Bunker

They'll say they got closer to what they wanted. They can't say they they got everything (They need to leave a get out clause). It's all about visuals - making it look like holding out for this deal was for the good of Ulster. Most of their constituents haven't a clue what's been bargained anyway. The DUP themselves actually don't know what they want anymore. When its all done and dusted they'll shout a few lines about the Union and stability.

Sportacus

Sunak lied about Customs when he over sold the Windsor Framework, but it's too boring for most people to pay any attention. Jeffrey is at the same game. NI is a backdoor to the EU and there's no way they are turning a blind eye.  Watch the Command Paper tomorrow - it will have absolutely no legal standing but it will be full of meat for the DUP men.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 30, 2024, 07:05:54 PMThey'll say they got closer to what they wanted. They can't say they they got everything (They need to leave a get out clause). It's all about visuals - making it look like holding out for this deal was for the good of Ulster. Most of their constituents haven't a clue what's been bargained anyway. The DUP themselves actually don't know what they want anymore. When its all done and dusted they'll shout a few lines about the Union and stability.
The DUP got into bed with the Brexit vandals. They loved the attention. Brexit like Trump was about destroying multilateral institutions- the EU primarily, but also the UK. The DUP were too blind to see that.

manfromdelmonte

I expect this deal to go tits up, cause there isn't really a deal

armaghniac

The EU have already agreed a few things, which would of course have been agreed anyway had the DUP been in Stormont.

https://twitter.com/EU_Commission/status/1752340346065879267
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

AustinPowers

From listening to big Jeff,  I think he's putting the heat back on Westminster , after WM put the heat on  the DUP, re: the pay rises/funding

Basically....... We (DUP) will go back  to Stormont if you  promise to  keep your side of  the bargain . 

Oh, you didn't  keep your promises?  Ok, we won't go back to Stormont  then. NI won't get any funding , and  workers still won't  get their pay rises.

And it's all your  fault, Westminster. Not ours.

And the  DUP still won't have to serve under  a SF first minister.

Brendan

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on January 30, 2024, 06:02:22 PMI see they're talking about a meeting of the Assembly on Saturday which could be difficult for double jobbing Justin McNulty

Probably wasn't expecting Stormont to return anytime soon like the rest of us when he took that job

weareros

Quote from: johnnycool on January 30, 2024, 04:45:40 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 30, 2024, 04:43:53 PM
Quote from: Orior on January 30, 2024, 04:30:04 PMMad stuff by the rat allowing Bryson to tweet the secret meeting. The rat will now be owned by bin man 167. When I say rat, it might be more accurate to say horse.

Carla the tout?

A lot of the twitterati are suggesting it's her, whoever it is can only be sure that Bryson will spill the beans at some point in time.

Would she have the tech skills? Her attempt to use a filter on live TV went spectacularly wrong? She'd probably set the speakers screeching with feedback every time she went near one.

trailer

ELP as DFM? Dunno if I have the stomach for this to be honest.