Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 29, 2021, 08:13:24 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 29, 2021, 06:00:59 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 29, 2021, 04:56:50 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 29, 2021, 04:38:39 PM
Until now I said, shit chat

"I didn't do it, until I did. "

Lol

Don't be silly. Read back for context
Sometimes it's ok to just say you made a mistake.

I clearly didn't though. You just can't read obviously

trueblue1234

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 29, 2021, 10:22:10 PM

Lol

FFS it's all there ya bollix. You posted a article and tried to link it to SF. Then it was mentioned you always do this. You then claim you didn't mention SF until you did. ( By the way, not your first time mentioning SF on this thread either). Stop digging.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

red hander

Back on subject. The Croppy Boy over at Labour conference, sucking Keir Starmers balls. Someone who is almost a bigger bullshitter than Johnson, someone who has said he'll promote the Union and has criticised the protocol, and wee Colum, who's sworn an oath to Queen, over there rimming him. How can anyone vote for Stoops when this complete tool is their leader is beyond me. He doesn't support reunification, he just wants his ermine, like Fitt and Ritchie. When will people wise up, Labour has shafted nationalist people of north more than Tory scum ever have.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 29, 2021, 10:48:21 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 29, 2021, 10:22:10 PM

Lol

FFS it's all there ya bollix. You posted a article and tried to link it to SF. Then it was mentioned you always do this. You then claim you didn't mention SF until you did. ( By the way, not your first time mentioning SF on this thread either). Stop digging.

Very successfully linked it you mean.

Last Man

Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 29, 2021, 03:26:04 PM
Quote from: Last Man on September 29, 2021, 03:11:44 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 29, 2021, 02:50:34 PM
Quote from: Last Man on September 29, 2021, 02:40:53 PM
Speaking as a vaccinated person in my 50s, any government that believes it can coerce citizens to receive a pharmaceutical product by denying rights is morally bankrupt. If they manage to push this through we really have rolled over as a society. In the midst of all this self induced anxiety we have to get back to the absolute truth that the NHS is a shit show and the politicians are happy to let us cut each others throats with this "moral dilemma" rather than be accountable for their stewardship of our not fit for purpose health system. If you are prepared to hand over agency for your personal health you can only look forward to a long, well medicated decrepit life.

The NHS being a shit show is an irrelevance to this discussion. I don't think you would get anyone to disagree with that. However it is what it is. So we could just cut of our nose to spite our face and complain about how bad it is and do nothing to help it. Or we can accept that it is a shitshow, but still take whatever actions we can to help it. And the reality is, anyone rowing against the vaccination process is doing so against worldwide medical recommendations. And these people are putting an added strain on the NHS for no good reason. Should people be forced to take the vaccine, no. Should they be impacted because of that decision, yes. Because that decision has an impact on the rest of us as it continues to impact an already overburdened NHS.
Yes overburdened with largely aged, chronically ill, obese etc patients, it's been this way for years but stick a "with COVID label on and lines become blurred. See it for what it is. This pharmaceutical intervention is a sideshow and nothing to get worked up about.
I think if there was a vaccine people could take for obesity, old age, chronic illness then all those people would jump at the opportunity to try and firstly help themselves and secondly help the NHS. The issue is that people have that easy option for COVID, and are choosing to go against worldwide medical opinion based on very little.
Calling the vaccine and by extension the pandemic itself a sideshow is pretty pathetic.
Cardiac disease and the complications of diabetes is the no.1 global killer, shouldn't our focus be on this?? The NHS have certainly made a balls of it over the last 40 years considering the curve continues to rise. The best they can do is 'eat less, move more' and medicate. Fewer people than ever in the last 100 years now smoke yet we are worse off health wise. What are our advocates on the hill doing about it? Low hanging fruit which eclipses COVID massively. Do your self a favour and start focusing what's important for you and your loved ones.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Last Man on September 30, 2021, 08:33:10 AM
Speaking as a vaccinated person in my 50s, any government that believes it can coerce citizens to receive a pharmaceutical product by denying rights is morally bankrupt. If they manage to push this through we really have rolled over as a society. In the midst of all this self induced anxiety we have to get back to the absolute truth that the NHS is a shit show and the politicians are happy to let us cut each others throats with this "moral dilemma" rather than be accountable for their stewardship of our not fit for purpose health system. If you are prepared to hand over agency for your personal health you can only look forward to a long, well medicated decrepit life.

The NHS being a shit show is an irrelevance to this discussion. I don't think you would get anyone to disagree with that. However it is what it is. So we could just cut of our nose to spite our face and complain about how bad it is and do nothing to help it. Or we can accept that it is a shitshow, but still take whatever actions we can to help it. And the reality is, anyone rowing against the vaccination process is doing so against worldwide medical recommendations. And these people are putting an added strain on the NHS for no good reason. Should people be forced to take the vaccine, no. Should they be impacted because of that decision, yes. Because that decision has an impact on the rest of us as it continues to impact an already overburdened NHS.
Yes overburdened with largely aged, chronically ill, obese etc patients, it's been this way for years but stick a "with COVID label on and lines become blurred. See it for what it is. This pharmaceutical intervention is a sideshow and nothing to get worked up about.
I think if there was a vaccine people could take for obesity, old age, chronic illness then all those people would jump at the opportunity to try and firstly help themselves and secondly help the NHS. The issue is that people have that easy option for COVID, and are choosing to go against worldwide medical opinion based on very little.
Calling the vaccine and by extension the pandemic itself a sideshow is pretty pathetic.
Cardiac disease and the complications of diabetes is the no.1 global killer, shouldn't our focus be on this?? The NHS have certainly made a balls of it over the last 40 years considering the curve continues to rise. The best they can do is 'eat less, move more' and medicate. Fewer people than ever in the last 100 years now smoke yet we are worse off health wise. What are our advocates on the hill doing about it? Low hanging fruit which eclipses COVID massively. Do your self a favour and start focusing what's important for you and your loved ones.
No issue with doing more on obesity, none whatsoever. But it doesn't replace the need for the vaccine program. The vaccine program was an essential medical intervention.

RedHand88

Have you seen the shape of some of them?? Hardly advocates for healthy living.

JoG2

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 30, 2021, 10:41:19 AM

A gout support group

armaghniac

Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 30, 2021, 08:58:18 AM
No issue with doing more on obesity, none whatsoever. But it doesn't replace the need for the vaccine program. The vaccine program was an essential medical intervention.

You could argue that vaccines reduce obesity, since they ended the closure of things and people are out and about. Many of us put on few kilos in lockdown.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Applesisapples

It does not matter who holds the health portfolio, root and branch change needs buy in from the entire executive.

johnnycool

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 30, 2021, 10:41:19 AM

Former NI secretary of state, Julian Smith noted that he'd miss the tray bakes which he enjoyed in his time over here. Should they be hit on the head for the good of the people of NI.

Them and deep fat fryers.

Last Man

We are addicted to rubbish food here no doubt, but what sticks in my craw is the high carb, "healthy" whole grains, low fat crap pedalled by NHS dietitians for the last 50 years which helps drive this sugar addiction. The deep fat fryer is not the problem apart from the sunflower oil and the chips. If it was lard and meat then there's no issue.
That's the thing, we've become completely accepting and blinkered in what is good for health long term.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Last Man on October 01, 2021, 11:02:00 AM
We are addicted to rubbish food here no doubt, but what sticks in my craw is the high carb, "healthy" whole grains, low fat crap pedalled by NHS dietitians for the last 50 years which helps drive this sugar addiction. The deep fat fryer is not the problem apart from the sunflower oil and the chips. If it was lard and meat then there's no issue.
That's the thing, we've become completely accepting and blinkered in what is good for health long term.

Diets here are poor, and the level of sugar consumed is crazy. But the problem I have with nutritionists and dieticians is that there is so much conflicting information. It's such a lucrative market in itself. I just finished reading 2 books, The sweet poison and Keto diet, Dr Josh Axe. Which were good. But I could read another one tomorrow that would push a different approach. All claim to be backed by medical researches. It's a complete minefield.

J70

Is it not clear at this point that processed foods, laden as they are with salt and sugar and all kinds of other shit, are the issue?

Eat plenty of whole foods, fruits, veg, real meat etc, like people did for millennia. And if you're lucky, marry a woman who likes to cook from scratch. 8)

armaghniac

Quote from: J70 on October 01, 2021, 01:03:47 PM
Eat plenty of whole foods, fruits, veg, real meat etc, like people did for millennia. And if you're lucky, marry a woman who likes to cook from scratch. 8)

They should prescribe good women on the NHS.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B