The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Americans now hold all four major titles, plus The Players Championship

Last time that happened was in 2000/01

stephenite

No matter how bad a day you're having, at least you're not married to Lucas Glover's missus :o

Insane Bolt

Quote from: stephenite on May 16, 2018, 10:33:40 AM
No matter how bad a day you're having, at least you're not married to Lucas Glover's missus :o

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/44136513😂;

Orior

Quote from: Insane Bolt on May 17, 2018, 04:02:32 PM
Quote from: stephenite on May 16, 2018, 10:33:40 AM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/44136513😂

If you are female
THEN
   go to point 2
ELSE
    Point 1. Within every drop dead gorgeous cutie there is a raging lunatic trying to get out.

Point 2. Women are wonderful.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Boycey

There's a guy Michael Arnaud playing in the Web.com tournament (tier below PGA tour) who is currently NINE under par for his 1st seven holes  :o

Orior

That is ridiculous. There should be a limit on vice captains. And it should be 1.

Minder

Quote from: Orior on May 22, 2018, 02:43:05 PM
That is ridiculous. There should be a limit on vice captains. And it should be 1.

+1.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

screenexile

Quote from: Minder on May 22, 2018, 02:44:49 PM
Quote from: Orior on May 22, 2018, 02:43:05 PM

+1.

2 then?

mackers

The idea normally is for each vice captain to follow one of the fourball/foursome groupings in the opening two days as the captain can't be everywhere. This helps the captain know who is/isn't playing well when it comes round to picking the pairings for the following sessions. If you limit it to one vice captain that particular system is gone.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Orior

I hope Rory isn't starting to write his winners speech. It's only Friday morning.

Rois

I am very tempted to look at a little last minute trip over after today's score so far (maybe 1 more to come on the 18th?).  Wentworth is a great day out, especially with that weather, so accessible from central London, and with Rory in contention. 

screenexile

Quote from: Orior on May 25, 2018, 11:18:31 AM
I hope Rory isn't starting to write his winners speech. It's only Friday morning.

Meh!

He's over rated sure!

Boycey

Quote from: Rois on May 25, 2018, 12:15:06 PM
I am very tempted to look at a little last minute trip over after today's score so far (maybe 1 more to come on the 18th?).  Wentworth is a great day out, especially with that weather, so accessible from central London, and with Rory in contention.

Had the very same thought, actually more annoyed with myself that it crept up on me I'd have loved to been there yesterday and today.

Rory's at -12 without birdies at 17 or 18 either day :o

Insane Bolt

Rory still in control of the tournament?😩