The Unofficial Sunderland Thread

Started by Mentalman, January 24, 2008, 12:07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whyarerefssobad

prica scored on his debut not a bad start for a duck :o
always look on the bright side

heganboy

they're 14th in the table now, not bad, I'd say that Roy and the board, not to mention Boyle sports would be pretty happy with that as a final finish...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

dodo

Quote from: whyarerefssobad on January 29, 2008, 10:13:45 PM

Wikipedia is on the ball so to speak. Have updted his profile after tonight´s match.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rade_Prica

full back

Reports today that Keane is interested in signing Andy 'pie merchant' Reid  :o
WTF, If Keane does sign him I take back anything positive I have ever said about Roy

Billys Boots

I never knew Andy Reid sold pies - whaddya know?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

full back

thewobbler

Andy Reid is a very good player imho, but he has to play in a central position.

Bord na Mona man

Keane signing up Irish players like Connolly, Harte, Murphy, Stokes, Kavanagh, McShane and now chasing Hunt and Reid.
It reminds me of Roddy Collins at Carisle and we all know how that ended.
Playing the patriotic card while admirable is probably not the best way to achieve success.

AZOffaly

I disagree wobbler. I think he is out of shape, and is cultivating the Robbie Keane style of whinging at refs. in my opinion his passing and set piece delivery is overrated.

I would say he is a decent/good Championship player at the moment, with maybe the potential to be a lot better, but he's not there yet. Far from it.

thewobbler

AZ- Reid will always look out of shape, that's the way the fella was born. His biggest problem isn't the eating and drinking, it's that he picks up a series of injuries every season, and never gets to put in a string of performances as a result. Personally I think he has the potential to be a very useful midfield schemer in the Premiership. He is two-footed, has good balance, good awareness, runs a lot more than anyone thinks, and will always contribute goals.

full back

Agree 100% AZ
Anytime I have seem him in the last few seasons he looked out of shape & someone who was always battling to get 100% fit
Not a player you should be signing to help you stay in the Premiership - IMHO

AZOffaly

Can't see it wobbler. We'll have to agree to disagree. Anytime I see him playing for Ireland, I see silly passes attempted and failing, I see corners and free kicks hitting the first man, and I see whinging. Granted he *can* do something special every so often, but his consistency is lacking a lot.

Also, I was at Charlton v QPR at the valley in October, and I can only say that his performance that day, as captain, was a disgrace. No effort, no passing, no tackling and lots of whinging to the ref (for which he was booked).

For some reason, Andy Reid gets a very easy ride from the Irish media, including the panel on RTE. I think they are so desperate for a classy cultured midfield general, that whenever he plays they see elements of this, and hype him up unbelievably.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on January 30, 2008, 09:41:57 AM
Keane signing up Irish players like Connolly, Harte, Murphy, Stokes, Kavanagh, McShane and now chasing Hunt and Reid.
It reminds me of Roddy Collins at Carisle and we all know how that ended.
Playing the patriotic card while admirable is probably not the best way to achieve success.

maybe he is just practising building his squad ..............
Its Grim up North

Mentalman

Quote from: whyarerefssobad on January 29, 2008, 10:13:45 PM

Definitely. Like I said I was never over impressed with him, but apparently other than the goal scored, he had one disallowed, and another drew a great save from Taylor...all this after being sprung from the bench! As good a start as he could make.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Billys Boots

QuoteCharlton v QPR at the valley

Are Charlton back at The Valley AZ?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...