THINGS THAT P##S ME OFF.

Started by Canalman, November 30, 2006, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie linkbox

When you're dosing a bullock and it hits you with its head and knocks you off the side of the crush.

never kickt a ball

Jezus Charlie is dosing a bullock not common sense?

charlie linkbox

You'd think that. But it's not as easy as I make it look!

When you drop your toast and it lands buttered side down, there's another one.

J70

Quote from: charlie linkbox on December 01, 2006, 02:24:16 AM
When you're dosing a bullock and it hits you with its head and knocks you off the side of the crush.

I thought most crushes had bars on the exit door that close on the neck and restrict the animal's movements.

Or are you one of these old fashioned boys who likes to handle with his animals without restraints! :P

charlie linkbox

Thats right. But when you squeeze about 5 animals into the crush, you try to be lazy and dose them all in one go without having to let them out one by one to bring them up to that gate. That's where the trouble starts.

stephenite

People who make cracks about all the Oirish being pissheads, never met a sober Irish man in my life etc.

charlie linkbox

I disagree.
It'd be more work to let the cattle out one by one. You'd have ensure no other animal rushed out every time you opened the gate. Also it'd also be harder to get an animal into that vice in the gate if it had extra room to run forwards and backwards in the crush due to you letting the first animal out.
No, all things considered I think you're safer pack them all in so they've no room to move and dose all at once.
Some might term it "common sense".

J70

Quote from: stephenite on December 01, 2006, 02:53:06 AM
People who make cracks about all the Oirish being pissheads, never met a sober Irish man in my life etc.

Well, most young Irish people do at least go through a stage of getting hammered at some point!

Its a lazy stereotype. Most nations have them about other nations e.g. Americans are fat, religious, ignorant of world affairs; the French are arrogant foul-breathed cowards, and on and on! At least the pisshead one is fairly benign!

never kickt a ball

QuoteSome might term it "common sense".
not when 
Quoteit hits you with its head and knocks you off the side of the crush

Anyway dosing a bullock sounds as dangerous as mixed tag Rugby?

charlie linkbox

This actually brings me nicely to my next gripe: "Irish Bars" abroad.
When I first went abroad I thought they were a novelty. But now I see them as a crass exploitation of a misguided stereotype of us as singing, beer guzzling, toe tapping red necks. They don't even serve quality stout. Yuck. Can't stand them.

charlie linkbox

NKAB, if you want to make an omlette you've gotta break eggs. It's just the price you have to pay.

Oh wait, what am I saying - I HATE cliche's too.

Bod Mor

Quote from: charlie linkbox on December 01, 2006, 03:03:36 AM
This actually brings me nicely to my next gripe: "Irish Bars" abroad.
When I first went abroad I thought they were a novelty. But now I see them as a crass exploitation of a misguided stereotype of us as singing, beer guzzling, toe tapping red necks. They don't even serve quality stout. Yuck. Can't stand them.

And why do we go to Irish pubs when we are abroad???? Because its the only place ya get away with being rediculously drunk and still get served.
Australia has som of the best beers in the world, almost makes ya not miss Guinness, arra who am i kiddin :'(
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

stephenite

Quote from: Bod Mor on December 01, 2006, 03:27:31 AM

And why do we go to Irish pubs when we are abroad???? Because its the only place ya get away with being rediculously drunk and still get served.
Australia has som of the best beers in the world, almost makes ya not miss Guinness, arra who am i kiddin :'(

The only reason I generally go is because they might well be the only place showing a GAA or irish soccer or rugby match at a certain hour, otherwise i'd generally stay away from them.

charlie linkbox

You're dead right bod. Publicans the world over are just cashing in on our image. If they'd at least try to emulate a pub at home it mightn't be so bad. A tricolour, an Irish barman, a shamrock and some diddly-dee music does not qualify as an Irish bar.

In New Zealand you don't even get the GAA. No Setanta here.

One more thing, what does "arra" mean. I've heard westeners say it umpteen times but I still can't work out what it means or when you'd use it.