Johannesburg

Started by Declan, June 29, 2007, 12:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

Folks
Heading of to JoBurg with work for a few days. Anyone know of any Irish bars that may show the matches on Sunday????

Star Spangler

Stay to fcuk away from the bars in Jo'burg!

Head out to the suburbs and you'll get the odd Irish bar.  There's O'Hagans in East Rand, Boxburg that I know of but I'm not sure if they're showing any games. Ring them on 0027 11 8234371.

Declan

Thanks for that SS - I know about staying out of Central JOB alright. Hotel is in Sandton so I'll give these boys a shout.Apparentely there's an Irish Club out there as well so I'll give them a shout as well

AhNowRef

Quote from: Declan on June 29, 2007, 12:32:42 PM
Folks
Heading of to JoBurg with work for a few days. Anyone know of any Irish bars that may show the matches on Sunday????

Resign, Fein death, andything, just don't go !

What a feckin nightmare of a place - I went to the Rugby World Cup final in 1995 - JoBurg was the scariest place on the planet then and apparently its even worse now !

If you do have to go stay in the Hotel !

High Catch

Whats the problem with it?

seanaglis

Did ye ever see that film Intermission with Colin Farrell in it?

Theres a line in it "Dont go to South Africa, they rape u - Who rapes u? - everybody!!!"

Star Spangler

It's a very dangerous place alright - it's great for Irishmen though because it means the bars are usually empty.  ;D

Sandton is as good as it gets so Declan should survive.  I don't know of any Irish bars up around there but I'd recommend you don't stray too far from that general area.

PS there's no such thing as public transport - even taking a taxi is dicing with death.

Declan

Jaysus lads - really looking forward to the visit now!!!

Been there for 1/2 daytrips previously so really never had the opportunity to see it so to speak. From hotel to customer site etc only. Looks like it'll have to be the webcast so!!

Tony Baloney

That's a brave journey for a half day trip?! What nutters have company sites in Joburg?! Travel by armoured car only.

Declan

QuoteThat's a brave journey for a half day trip

Trips of 1 or 2 days. This time it's a bit longer but I guesss I won't be sightseeing!!!!!