NFL Fantasy Football

Started by fntn, June 21, 2007, 08:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fntn

just wanted to kno if there was a fantasy football competition on this forum this year...

as a big NFL fan i've never played in a 'traditional' FF league which involves a draft, just played the Sky Sports/NFLUK one, so if anyone wants to take advantage of this newbie's inexperience, let me know how it works and send me an invite if you can

cheers

p.s. GO JETS!

SammyG

I'm sure there will be another NFL fantasy league this year (if AZOffaly can be arsed to organise it) but it won't be starting for a while.

heganboy

usually is a fantasy NFL league, those guys are still in training camp though.

Jets- come on - seriously?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

AZOffaly

Of course I'll be doing it. The NFL Fantasy league is one of the staples of the board. We'll be launching GaaBoard Superbowl III in July or so I'd say.

Barney

I'd imagine this will be very popular again and there will be a race for one of the spots

AZ, what's the max number of teams and should there be a few divisions?

AZOffaly

I'm not sure Barney. It averages about 16 people in the league. I can start taking a look around for the various free games. Yahoo offered us a live draft and head to head weekly games, so we've used them for the first 2 years, but their contract is up for renewal :D

Barney

It'll be hard to beat Yahoo.

AZOffaly

I don't think you can do Divisions in Yahoo though. It's a staight 1-16.

turk

You may have to go application only AZ!

There was a couple of teams in it last year that weren't being updated at all - i think one of them beat me all the same!!

Rossie11

Look forward to the return of weekly analysis AZ now that you are back from maternity leave!!

Gabriel_Hurl

It's the high point of my year  ;D ;D ;D

I have a shitty life  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

AZOffaly

Ok, I know this is obscenely early, but ye've gotten me all psyched up. With the game in London this year as well, Please God, this will be a great NFL season.

So I hearby announce the opening of GAABoard Superbowl III, and invite people to enter. The maximum is 20 people, and the league will have a live draft at the end of August. Make sure you check the scoring categories as there are a couple of new bonus categories.

The league will, as usua, take the format of head to head weekly fixtures, and the win-loss record will decide the top four teams, who will contest the Superbowl playoffs, and the second 4, who will contest the Shield.

The Turfmen are entered and ready to go. Are you?

URL : http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

Click 'Join a League' in the 'Free' section. (On the right of the page, just under the gold boxes to sign up to the Pay game.

Enter the league ID of 94671 and the password of 'cardinals'

Gabriel_Hurl

it says it's an autopick draft AZ - just so you know

Barney

Great stuff AZ. Looking forward to it already.

There will be alot of disappointed people I think!

Syd