DVD - DVD+ rewritable Help

Started by The Real Laoislad, May 26, 2007, 08:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

I bought a Dvd recorder a few months back but only used it for first time for Champions League Final(which i quickly deleted :'( )
Im gonna start using it now for Laois's championship campaign,But I have just discovered it only records onto DVD - rewritable DVD'S and i also just Discovered my Laptop only plays DVD + Rewritable DVD'S.
I was hoping that i could do a bit of editing on some of the things i record ie add titles and delete ad brakes etc,but now as my laptop only plays the + Rewritable DVD's i suppose i can't or  does anyonw know if there is a way around this other than buying a new DVD recorder
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

I thought that dvd + and - didn't matter any more???

You could always buy a drive for the laptop.  I got one for mine a few months ago for 40 quid. 

On a similar issue, what programme could you get for the computer to edit dvds? 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

I tried playing the Champions league final on the laptop and nothing happens also taped other stuff just to check and nada
Haven't bought software for editing yet but will buy something as i have a shitload of stuff on camcorder that i wanna do editing on
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Does that also mean if i transfer stuff from my camcorder onto laptop then burn onto DVD i won't be able watch it on my DVD player as i'll have to record it onto a + rewritable DVD?

Could my gear be out of date? I only bought my laptop two months ago and DVD recorder after christmas
You'll Never Walk Alone.

SammyG

Have you tried a +R disc in the dvd writer? I bought a cheap 60 quid dvd writer and it was supposed to be +r only but I've used + and - discs with no problems.

The Real Laoislad

No haven't tried that..I paid 200euro for my one it's a Sony :-[
You'll Never Walk Alone.