Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Quote from: hardstation on May 15, 2007, 03:24:48 AM
I have been wondering why no one has posted anything about this until today.

Yeah thought that myself, thought the same about the recent Miss D case and posted a topic to very few replies, some topics maybe a bit too much for people to discuss maybe, or maybe because I post in the middle of the night for most people, it gets missed by some.

sureyouwill

Quote from: cicfada on May 14, 2007, 11:15:16 PM
I do feel  sorry for the parents. They were going back every half hour to check on them!!How could they have anticipated someone stealing their child for Christ's sake!It's easy for people to criticise them  but unless you're a parent yourself then you can't really comment on it as you know little of the stresses that parents go through when raising kids!!It's impossible to be 100% on guard over your children all the time!How long were the parents in the bar for??HOw many drinks did they have??How far away was the apartment??I have heard so many versions of answers for these questions, that's it's hard to start blaming the parents!!

That is without doubt the most ludicrous statement ever posted on this board.  To walk away from three children so young to go out for a meal and a few drinks is totally reprehensible.  f**k me if they wanted a few drinks after getting the kids to bed, could they have not of cracked opened a bottle of wine downstairs as the kids slept.  I honestly hope the little girl is found but hope is obviously fading fast, I do however have little sympathy for parents who could tuck in 2 one year olds and a 3 year old and then just piss off out of the house, irrespctive if they are checking half hourly or hourly, also what did this checking involve - open the front door and listen to see if anyone was crying or going to each child to ensure they were ok, totally agree with Pints - gross negligence sums it up.

realredhandfan

I think we are very opinionated here, your criticisms of gross negligence and calls for social security to take the rest of the kids from them, are at odds rightly or wrongly with the very real awful punishment the parents are going through at the moment.  whatever they did they did, and they were undoubtedly wrong to leave the kids.  What a price to pay? This evil kiddnap was not of their doing, it was not inevitable but probably an opportunistic kidnap of another innocent by predators who just watch and wait and strike.  Evil needs no understanding from the rest of us.       

sureyouwill

Quote from: realredhandfan on May 15, 2007, 08:59:04 AM
I think we are very opinionated here, your criticisms of gross negligence and calls for social security to take the rest of the kids from them, are at odds rightly or wrongly with the very real awful punishment the parents are going through at the moment.  whatever they did they did, and they were undoubtedly wrong to leave the kids.  What a price to pay? This evil kiddnap was not of their doing, it was not inevitable but probably an opportunistic kidnap of another innocent by predators who just watch and wait and strike.  Evil needs no understanding from the rest of us.       

This is totally true, but the opportunity for something to happen to such very young children, in which the parents were powerless to intervene, was created by their very inappropriate actions. 

guy crouchback

There was a very interesting interview on morning Ireland this Morning. They had on a British cop who was ex-head of the flying Squad from Scotland Yard. He was of the opinion that the police in Portugal have from day one been convinced that the child was taken by a local and is still being kept local.
  He reckons all this talk of international peadoohile rings is just a smoke screen

Square Ball

Just going to comment on the kidnapping and leave the rest to when, pleases god, the child is found safe and well.

There are some sick bastards in this world who no matter what we do as parents will take any opportunity to ply their sick trade, I can only hope that Maddie herself is safe and well, i shudder to think what she could be going through.

this could be anything from a pedophile to someone who has lost a child themselves and is trying to replace her, I pray for her safe return
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Ryano

Christ, how some of you can be so heartless or cruel is beyond me. Yes the parents were stupid for going for a meal in 50 yards away from their sleeping kids. But how the hell you are unable to feel sympathy for them is just mind boggling. Its their own fault so they deserve it? Thats a load of self righteous bollox.

Do you not think they realise their error? That they are not absolutely torn apart with guilt and remorse? That their two remaining children will never and i mean never leave their sight again? God forbid that the little girl turns up hurt or worse, how is it going to affect them and the two remaining kids as a family? Their lives are changed for ever no matter what way this turns out. Life will never be the same again. Those two parents are condemned to a life of worry and fretting about their kids. Think about it. Every time the kids leave the house for the next 20 odd years, everytime they are 5 minutes late, everytime they go out to play, they go to a friends house, everytime they go to the shop on the corner, everytime they go to school those parents are going to be worrying about where they are, who they are with, what they are doing, are they safe until they are home again. They and their kids deserve all that do they?

It makes me sick how those of you who are so perfect and dwell up there on the moral high ground can come onto a forum with your moral indignation and pontificate and wallow in their unimaginable misery, sorrow and guilt and tell the world they deserve it and you emotional retards feel nothing for them?

God forbid a child of yours has/or does ever wonder off for a few hours without your knowledge. The worry and absolute terror you will feel for those few hours will almost drive you crazy. That girls parents have had almost two weeks unending of that with more to come and have some life ahead of them. But hey they got their due desserts didn't they?

Gnevin

Quote from: Ryano on May 15, 2007, 09:50:11 AM
But hey they got their due desserts didn't they?
I don't think anyone is saying that but at the same time you cant say leaving 2 one years olds and a 3 year old alone is a good idea in any curcumstances.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

sureyouwill

Quote from: Ryano on May 15, 2007, 09:50:11 AM
Christ, how some of you can be so heartless or cruel is beyond me. Yes the parents were stupid for going for a meal in 50 yards away from their sleeping kids. But how the hell you are unable to feel sympathy for them is just mind boggling. Its their own fault so they deserve it? Thats a load of self righteous bollox.

Do you not think they realise their error? That they are not absolutely torn apart with guilt and remorse? That their two remaining children will never and i mean never leave their sight again? God forbid that the little girl turns up hurt or worse, how is it going to affect them and the two remaining kids as a family? Their lives are changed for ever no matter what way this turns out. Life will never be the same again. Those two parents are condemned to a life of worry and fretting about their kids. Think about it. Every time the kids leave the house for the next 20 odd years, everytime they are 5 minutes late, everytime they go out to play, they go to a friends house, everytime they go to the shop on the corner, everytime they go to school those parents are going to be worrying about where they are, who they are with, what they are doing, are they safe until they are home again. They and their kids deserve all that do they?

It makes me sick how those of you who are so perfect and dwell up there on the moral high ground can come onto a forum with your moral indignation and pontificate and wallow in their unimaginable misery, sorrow and guilt and tell the world they deserve it and you emotional retards feel nothing for them?

God forbid a child of yours has/or does ever wonder off for a few hours without your knowledge. The worry and absolute terror you will feel for those few hours will almost drive you crazy. That girls parents have had almost two weeks unending of that with more to come and have some life ahead of them. But hey they got their due desserts didn't they?

The parents weren't stupid leaving 2 one year olds and a 3 year old on their own whilst they went of to have a meal and a few drinks, they were totally irresponsible and selfish, and their actions warrant that being said.  No one is saying they deserve their daughter being kidnapped but it is hard to feel sympathy for them when they showed a lack or caring leaving such helpless children to fend for themselves, irrespective if they were being "checked on", is it not a crime to leave children home alone, especially ones so young.  As for you statement I put in bold that would never happen to me and I certainly wouldn't wander of myself and leave my children unattended in a house, not even my own house, are you actually advocating that this is ok and acceptable for christ's sake the kids ages were 1,1 and 3!!!!

Hound

I agree to a certain extenet with Ryano. There's a lot of different stories going around as to the actual facts of the case. From what I heard this was a self-contained holiday complex - I was in a similar one last year. Nobody is supposed to be let into the grounds unless they are a resident or a worker. They were only 50 yards from their room, and they could see the front door. But they came in the back and took Maddy.

The way these complexes work, I'm not surprised that people could be lulled into a false sense of security that it wasnt much different to leaving the kids in their room upstairs, like they do every day when they're at home. Personally I'd never do it, but there was a woman on BBC 5 Live the day after the disappearance saying that she was at one of these complexes recently and she and a lot of the other parents did exactly the same thing. There were staff who did regular walk-bys of all the rooms (baby listening service, it was called) and they'd announce every so often in the restaurant the numbers of rooms where noise (crying presumably) was coming from.  

Gnevin

Quote from: Hound on May 15, 2007, 10:28:20 AM
I agree to a certain extenet with Ryano. There's a lot of different stories going around as to the actual facts of the case. From what I heard this was a self-contained holiday complex - I was in a similar one last year. Nobody is supposed to be let into the grounds unless they are a resident or a worker. They were only 50 yards from their room, and they could see the front door. But they came in the back and took Maddy.

The way these complexes work, I'm not surprised that people could be lulled into a false sense of security that it wasnt much different to leaving the kids in their room upstairs, like they do every day when they're at home. Personally I'd never do it, but there was a woman on BBC 5 Live the day after the disappearance saying that she was at one of these complexes recently and she and a lot of the other parents did exactly the same thing. There were staff who did regular walk-bys of all the rooms (baby listening service, it was called) and they'd announce every so often in the restaurant the numbers of rooms where noise (crying presumably) was coming from.  
Well then thats fine then , ifs someone was walking by every so often .  ::)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

realredhandfan

I just find the rage against the parents unduly unbalanced.  What a sick fucked up world we live in.  Stupid - yes, naive/ innocent - possibly,  irresponsible - yes. paying for it - yes - more than the rest of us hopefully will ever know.  the big tragedy here now is the probable murder of such a young baby and the subsequent fear and dread felt by all parents everywhere.  In a world like this is; the reality is a kid could be plucked from your front garden, as they walk home from school.  We talk about freedom.  Over the last few years many people suggested that the biggest threat to our free livelihoods has been the terror attacks and now we are extensively checked everywhere we travel, we travel in fear.  I believe something like this would put more fear into anyone than any terrorist attack and could ultimately lead to us living in round the clock fear.  The death penalty is the only solution for anyone that does this to a child and a family.      

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: realredhandfan on May 15, 2007, 10:41:13 AM
I just find the rage against the parents unduly unbalanced.  What a sick fucked up world we live in.  Stupid - yes, naive/ innocent - possibly,  irresponsible - yes. paying for it - yes - more than the rest of us hopefully will ever know.  the big tragedy here now is the probable murder of such a young baby and the subsequent fear and dread felt by all parents everywhere.  In a world like this is; the reality is a kid could be plucked from your front garden, as they walk home from school.  We talk about freedom.  Over the last few years many people suggested that the biggest threat to our free livelihoods has been the terror attacks and now we are extensively checked everywhere we travel, we travel in fear.  I believe something like this would put more fear into anyone than any terrorist attack and could ultimately lead to us living in round the clock fear.  The death penalty is the only solution for anyone that does this to a child and a family.      

Well said.

Yes the parents were irresponsible but lets not forget the sick bastards that stole the child, if it hadn't of been "Maddy" then it would have been some other young child.

My only hope is that the child was abducted by someone who has lost a child themselves or someone who cannot have children, and that she is returned physically unharmed - the other option is unthinkable.

Maybe I'm being naive but I still hold out hope that she is still alive.

God bless her AND her family.
Tbc....

ONeill

Some real hindsighters on this thread. I'm sure they have all the evidence on what exactly happened. I'm sure they've never made an error of judgement either.

You couldn't begin to imagine the array of guilt that couple are feeling, amongst other emotions. For all we know they may have been model parents up until that moment. That holiday complex offers babysitting services so it's odd they didn't avail of them. I was reading there the unfortunate friendsreunited entry for the father just after the twins were born where he asks if anyone fancies babysitting.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

realredhandfan

remember we'd all do it differently given that second chance, but for some there is no second chances.  This will kill them slowly over their living lives. God bless them and their wee girl, and let us hope there is hope.