Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 26, 2017, 04:31:26 PM
Quote from: screenexile on July 24, 2017, 10:53:57 PM
Quote from: ashman on July 24, 2017, 09:49:59 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on July 24, 2017, 03:54:02 PM
Quote from: ashman on July 24, 2017, 03:43:09 PM
Serious question .

How can any one take the serious anymore , particularly here in Ireland .
Could you clarify the serious question? Why would it not be taken seriously, and why would the Irish see it differently than any other group of people?

Why do Irish people take the EPL so seriously ? It baffles me .  I

I'm the same... have seen grown men start fights over the head of it and best friends fall out over a group of over paid foreign lads who have no allegiance to anyone.

My favourite is when United fans proclaim that I know nothing about football when they just decided one day to support the most successful team in the league and therefore know more than everyone!

It does provide me with endless fun winding the hoors up though... they take it so seriously!!

Proving how little you know with this bit. It's not cool or funny to make stuff up and present it as fact. Though if it amuses you go ahead, I want you to be happy.

You doubt the fact that a number/the majority of United fans have only started supporting them in the last 20 years???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on July 26, 2017, 05:10:37 PM
Serious question .

Could you clarify the serious question? Why would it not be taken seriously, and why would the Irish see it differently than any other group of people?

I'm the same... have seen grown men start fights over the head of it and best friends fall out over a group of over paid foreign lads who have no allegiance to anyone.

My favourite is when United fans proclaim that I know nothing about football when they just decided one day to support the most successful team in the league and therefore know more than everyone!

It does provide me with endless fun winding the hoors up though... they take it so seriously!!

Proving how little you know with this bit. It's not cool or funny to make stuff up and present it as fact. Though if it amuses you go ahead, I want you to be happy.

You doubt the fact that a number/the majority of United fans have only started supporting them in the last 20 years???

Utd had as big a fan base as let's say Liverpool before Utd won all the EPL's based on a few factors, one being the Busby babes, the titles won during that period and the fact that they were the first English team to win the European cup, add in the big Irish connection with past players were all reasons why Ireland had a big Utd following...

Factor in parents influences on kids picking teams and it's very simple to see why they have a big support... you'll always get bandwagon supporters sure there are loads of Irish Chelsea supporters ! Strange
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 26, 2017, 05:34:22 PM
Quote from: screenexile on July 26, 2017, 05:10:37 PM
Serious question .

Utd had as big a fan base as let's say Liverpool before Utd won all the EPL's based on a few factors, one being the Busby babes, the titles won during that period and the fact that they were the first English team to win the European cup, add in the big Irish connection with past players were all reasons why Ireland had a big Utd following...

Factor in parents influences on kids picking teams and it's very simple to see why they have a big support... you'll always get bandwagon supporters sure there are loads of Irish Chelsea supporters ! Strange

Well put MR. United have had huge support in Ireland and worldwide since the Busby Babes and the Best/Law/Charlton eras. Highest average home league attendance 35 of the last 40 seasons in England, a lot of those seasons there was no league title and a lot of disappointment. I know it's difficult to understand but even going 26 years without a league title, United were still one of the biggest clubs in the world at that time.

laoislad

I see the Man United team bus got clamped in Dublin today..
I'm surprised the bus they parked in front of the goal at Anfield last season wasn't clamped also.... ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Dinny Breen

Having less and less interest as the years go by, Sky in trouble so perhaps when the financial side collapses it might reignite my interest. Next season will follow the money

Man City
Man United
Chelsea
Arsenal

#newbridgeornowhere

mrdeeds

The money involved in Neymar transfer is disgusting. I know not Premier League but some of transfer valuation in it is outrageous. 50 million for Walker. Swansea wanting 50 mill for Sig.

Boycey

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 02, 2017, 07:23:52 PM
The money involved in Neymar transfer is disgusting. I know not Premier League but some of transfer valuation in it is outrageous. 50 million for Walker. Swansea wanting 50 mill for Sig.

Ah footballs mad, just go with it it's not worth fighting it anymore.. If this goes through and it looks like it might FFP is fcuked the likes of City, PSG will be able do what they like in the future possibly relegating Real, Barca et al to the role of also rans..

Syferus

Quote from: Boycey on August 02, 2017, 07:28:41 PM

Ah footballs mad, just go with it it's not worth fighting it anymore.. If this goes through and it looks like it might FFP is fcuked the likes of City, PSG will be able do what they like in the future possibly relegating Real, Barca et al to the role of also rans..

You're mad if you think Real or Barca will ever be also rans.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Syferus on August 02, 2017, 07:58:40 PM

Barca are dwarfed by Messi wages and the fact he has to be the main man. Maybe should have sold Messi and made Neymar main man. The draw of playing for the big two in La Liga will always exist.

Boycey

Jaysus lad I know ur not the brightest star in the sky but the transfer we're talking about is a guy willing to leave Barca to join PSG..

Syferus

Quote from: Boycey on August 02, 2017, 08:01:27 PM

Jaysus lad I know ur not the brightest star in the sky but the transfer we're talking about is a guy willing to leave Barca to join PSG..

For about £515,000 a week in wages and to get out from Messi's shadow and challenge for PotY awards. Very similar situation to Kyrie Irving in Cleveland.

Boycey

Quote from: Syferus on August 02, 2017, 08:36:17 PM

For about £515,000 a week in wages and to get out from Messi's shadow and challenge for PotY awards. Very similar situation to Kyrie Irving in Cleveland.

Aye and the point is that money is endless with these clubs and if FFP isn't there to keep them in check the players will all end up playing for these clubs.

Syferus

Quote from: Boycey on August 02, 2017, 08:42:59 PM

Aye and the point is that money is endless with these clubs and if FFP isn't there to keep them in check the players will all end up playing for these clubs.

The money ain't endless when his contract and transfer fee comes to around £450 million, for one easily injurable player. Even PSG can't leverage that sort of money many times in a generation.

Real and Barca are complete money machines in a relatively soft league and will always be superpowers at European level.

Boycey

Quote from: Syferus on August 02, 2017, 09:47:58 PM
Quote from: Boycey on August 02, 2017, 08:42:59 PM

The money ain't endless when his contract and transfer fee comes to around £450 million, for one easily injurable player. Even PSG can't leverage that sort of money many times in a generation.

Real and Barca are complete money machines in a relatively soft league and will always be superpowers at European level.

I give up, you are right.

Milltown Row2

Soft teams like Madrid Barca and Atletico ;D ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea