Scousers and "You can't buy History" crap

Started by T Fearon, May 02, 2007, 01:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tayto

Fair enough, you're a rare exception, seeing as you go over all the time you're not a typical Irish premiership fan.

these are not generalisations, they're lads I know, conversations I've had. The hypocrisy is tangible. Follow a club by all means but hating everton from a distance just becasue it's what LFC fans are supposed to do dosent add up for me.

Nice attempt to turn the insecurity tables but I really don't follow you.

The Real Laoislad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything you said there Tayto is right and true but it doesn't apply to the vast majority of soccer fans,who spend good money every year following their team and what your doing is painting everyone with the same brush
It be the same thing if i said the Dubs fans are nothing only a shower of sunshine supporters who turn up 5 mins after match has started and leave 5 mins before the end,and don't bother going to league matches but come out in force when Croker opens its doors then roar abuse at management and players as if they've been at every match that year
See  what i said is true but it only applies to a minority you never expressed thats it's only a minority that you talk about or are you really that biased or thick that you think all soccer followers are how you desribed?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: tayto on May 02, 2007, 06:20:19 PM
Fair enough, you're a rare exception, seeing as you go over all the time you're not a typical Irish premiership fan.

these are not generalisations, they're lads I know, conversations I've had. The hypocrisy is tangible. Follow a club by all means but hating everton from a distance just becasue it's what LFC fans are supposed to do dosent add up for me.

Sure you might dislike your near neighbours in GAA too even though you have no real reason to other than they are your own's team's biggest rivals.

It's all a part of sport.

SuperSub

God man you must know a awful amount of lads  ::) because thats sounds one hell of a generalisation to me

his holiness nb

Wearewhiteblueetc reacted AS IF tayto said its thick to support anything outside the GAA which was wrong. The when I pointed this out he defended this by saying he was "reading between the lines" ???  :o :o :o

That doesnt make any sense, its all about supporting teams you have no connection with, Laoislad you do, many others dont, thats no harm.
But his point, to me, asked more so why arent you supporting your local soccer team if you are a soccer fan.

And to be honest I couldnt care less, I dont "support" any team but was roaring for Liverpool last night.

My only point is dont be dragging the GAA into it as if its yet another soccer versus GAA argument, we dont want the Rovers boys getting involved and dragging this on for 40 odd pages  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

The Real Laoislad

I have absolutely no hatred for Everton,in fact i have no hatred for any club.I dislike Man Utd but i think they are a great club but i hate when they win as im always subjected to slagging when it happens but all in good faith really
But Everton? No not really they don't cost me a thought to be honest and i reckon most Liverpool fans that post here will say the same
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 02, 2007, 06:37:13 PM
Wearewhiteblueetc reacted AS IF tayto said its thick to support anything outside the GAA which was wrong. The when I pointed this out he defended this by saying he was "reading between the lines" ???  :o :o :o

That doesnt make any sense, its all about supporting teams you have no connection with, Laoislad you do, many others dont, thats no harm.
But his point, to me, asked more so why arent you supporting your local soccer team if you are a soccer fan.

And to be honest I couldnt care less, I dont "support" any team but was roaring for Liverpool last night.

My only point is dont be dragging the GAA into it as if its yet another soccer versus GAA argument, we dont want the Rovers boys getting involved and dragging this on for 40 odd pages  ;)

Give WeAreBlue etcetc a chance he's only a Virgin on this site fresh out of the box :D :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

tayto

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 02, 2007, 06:27:48 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything you said there Tayto is right and true but it doesn't apply to the vast majority of soccer fans,who spend good money every year following their team and what your doing is painting everyone with the same brush
It be the same thing if i said the Dubs fans are nothing only a shower of sunshine supporters who turn up 5 mins after match has started and leave 5 mins before the end,and don't bother going to league matches but come out in force when Croker opens its doors then roar abuse at management and players as if they've been at every match that year
See  what i said is true but it only applies to a minority you never expressed thats it's only a minority that you talk about or are you really that biased or thick that you think all soccer followers are how you desribed?

Eh, People never stop saying that about the dubs on here!  :'(
I'm yet to see someone get called a f**ker because of it.  ;D
Wait till the summer! I expect you to stand up against any anti-dub generalisations. :D :D :D

however, I never said every premiership fan is the same, I described lads i know.
Sure there's a hardcore, like yourself, who go over all the time, fair enough.
Mind you, I think it's safe to say the majority of people who cliam to be a fan of one club or other don't make it to games all that often.

I fail to see how that makes me biased or thick.  ???

tayto

Quote from: SuperSub on May 02, 2007, 06:34:37 PM

God man you must know a awful amount of lads  ::) because thats sounds one hell of a generalisation to me

Hardly, every tom, dick and harry has "their" premieship club.
Just becasue something sounds like a generalisation dosent mean it's not true.
You mean to say you've never met someone who's come out with anything like I've said above?
You must live a very sheltered life!  :P

The Real Laoislad

Maybe these fans who don't go haven't the money to go Tayto does that make them less a fan ???
Im 29 but had only been to Anfield twice before i turned 18 Why? Because i nor my parents had the money  to take me but i was still a passionate fan

You'll Never Walk Alone.

SuperSub

Quote from: tayto on May 02, 2007, 06:49:34 PM
Quote from: SuperSub on May 02, 2007, 06:34:37 PM

God man you must know a awful amount of lads  ::) because thats sounds one hell of a generalisation to me

Hardly, every tom, dick and harry has "their" premieship club.
Just becasue something sounds like a generalisation dosent mean it's not true.
You mean to say you've never met someone who's come out with anything like I've said above?
You must live a very sheltered life!  :P

Of course i have met fellas like that and i never said they didn't exsist but you are painting everyone with the one brush and that my friend is a generalisation ::)

tayto

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 02, 2007, 06:51:40 PM
Maybe these fans who don't go haven't the money to go Tayto does that make them less a fan ???
Im 29 but had only been to Anfield twice before i turned 18 Why? Because i nor my parents had the money  to take me but i was still a passionate fan

I'm sure that's the case for some people but again, in my experience there's a huge number of people who claim to be diehards who arent, there's a load of people who just go to the pub to watch a big game. nothing wrong with that, there are bandwagons everywhere there's sport. i dont expect anyone who enjoys the drama of nights like last night to have to eat sleep and drink football. I'm very much a fair weather - big game only soccer fan. 

Anyway that's not what i was saying, most people have selected their club of the box, to then brag about their selection's acheivement makes little or no sense to me. That's all. I was being snide alright but i was just slaggin you lfor listing the roll of honour, then some ape went mental. Hardly a major insult to everyone who ever watches other sports.

tayto

Quote from: SuperSub on May 02, 2007, 07:00:53 PM

Of course i have met fellas like that and i never said they didn't exsist but you are painting everyone with the one brush and that my friend is a generalisation ::)

I'm not painting everyone with the same brush. jesus wept. why's everyone so touchy!   ???

SuperSub

Quote from: tayto on May 02, 2007, 07:03:38 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 02, 2007, 06:51:40 PM
Im 29 but had only been to Anfield twice before i turned 18 Why? Because i nor my parents had the money  to take me but i was still a passionate fan

I'm sure that's the case for some people but again, in my experience there's a huge number of people who claim to be diehards who arent, there's a load of people who just go to the pub to watch a big game. nothing wrong with that, there are bandwagons everywhere there's sport. i dont expect anyone who enjoys the drama of nights like last night to have to eat sleep and drink football. I'm very much a fair weather - big game only soccer fan. 

Anyway that's not what i was saying, most people have selected their club of the box, to then brag about their selection's acheivement makes little or no sense to me. That's all. I was being snide alright but i was just slaggin you lfor listing the roll of honour, then some ape went mental. Hardly a major insult to everyone who ever watches other sports.

Must be a Dublin thing  :D

tayto