Figuring out who is catholic on the NI soccer panel

Started by seafoid, May 26, 2016, 11:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: seafoid on May 26, 2016, 01:20:19 PM
Would a song like Wagon Wheel sung by Nathan Carter not be a more inclusive anthem ?
Start a " what would be a more inclusive anthem?" thread.

I never thought the thread generator would need a prompt,  but there you are.

dec

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: stew on May 26, 2016, 12:35:14 PM
Who gives a f**k!

I am going to support the north during these championships!

I never lived in the south and have far more in common with the northern prods than I ever did the southern Catholics.

I hope both do well but you can shove both national anthems up your arise, I have no use for anything that divides us as a people.

Up Armagh ya b**tards.

Good on you Stew, we should all be more like you. Us other northerners who support the Republic team obviously haven't taken the time (or don't have the intellect) to weigh up those factors.

Seeing as you've more in common with the northern Prods than the southern Catholics, it would be a good idea to go watch the NI matches in some shaddy pub in Craigavon; I'm sure they'll be happy to put on the Armagh afterwards. Up Armagh and all that.

Aristo 60

Quote from: hardstation on May 26, 2016, 12:42:48 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on May 26, 2016, 12:17:56 PM
Sammy Clingan sounds like a dyed in the wool non catholic yet he's a Falls Road taig.
Apparently his name wasn't Sammy when he went to school in Corpus Christi College.

what was it?

Don't tell me Samantha!?

lurganblue

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on May 26, 2016, 02:07:05 PM
Who gives a f**k!

I never lived in the south and have far more in common with the northern prods than I ever did the southern Catholics.

I hope both do well but you can shove both national anthems up your arise, I have no use for anything that divides us as a people.

Up Armagh ya b**tards.

Good on you Stew, we should all be more like you. Us other northerners who support the Republic team obviously haven't taken the time (or don't have the intellect) to weigh up those factors.

Seeing as you've more in common with the northern Prods than the southern Catholics, it would be a good idea to go watch the NI matches in some shaddy pub in Craigavon; I'm sure they'll be happy to put on the Armagh afterwards. Up Armagh and all that.

I'll f**k be supporting that shower... just because theyve managed to get to a major tournament doesnt mean thy've stopped hating me because of the religion i was born into. Oh aye but sure theyve changed and arent like that anymore  ::)

BennyCake

Who gives a f**k!

Up Armagh ya b**tards.

Er, you're on GAABoard. How many Northern Prods are on GAABOard?

BennyCake

Quote from: Main Street on May 26, 2016, 01:12:41 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 26, 2016, 11:05:22 AM
Can you just do it by surname or do you need more detailed insight ?
I don't know about their religious affiliation but these two (Baird and McGinn) look distinctly dissident during GSTQ.

No 5 don't look happy in that taig sandwich.

rosnarun

they are as nationalist as the FAI guys. and i will give both of them equal support in their half assed money destroyed little games
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

stew

Who gives a f**k!

Up Armagh ya b**tards.

I was referring to myself and not once did I reference your choice or any other persons choice.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Who gives a f**k!

Up Armagh ya b**tards.

Why would I go to Craigavon when I can watch the matches in. Armagh?

If you are inferring the North has a lot of bigots that follow them at least have the balls to say so!

It is not a big deal, I prefer the team from the North over the team from,the South and I am not responsible for the political stances of anyone but myself.

stew

Quote from: lurganblue on May 26, 2016, 02:37:59 PM
Who gives a f**k!

Up Armagh ya b**tards.

I'll f**k be supporting that shower... just because theyve managed to get to a major tournament doesnt mean thy've stopped hating me because of the religion i was born into. Oh aye but sure theyve changed and arent like that anymore  ::)

Have you been to a game in the last ten years? I have!

I don't give a shite who you support, I am supporting them because the supporters clubs have been working very hard to rid themselves of the loyalist scum that pervaded their support base, I also want to support the nationalist players that stand there and take the Brit national anthem prior to playing, that is to be admired in my opinion.

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: stew on May 26, 2016, 04:20:57 PM
Who gives a f**k!

Up Armagh ya b**tards.

I don't give a shite who you support, I am supporting them because the supporters clubs have been working very hard to rid themselves of the loyalist scum that pervaded their support base, I also want to support the nationalist players that stand there and take the Brit national anthem prior to playing, that is to be admired in my opinion.

Why would the 'Nationalist' players need to be singled out as needing your support during the anthem? They're not nationalist if they play for NI.
Good man, you should sing GSTQ with pride.

T Fearon

On a more serious note there is a book out about N Ireland reaching the 1958.World Cup qtr finals in Sweden.Great read,playing on a Sunday nearly.stopped them.from attending.But it was a phenomenal achievement,qualifying by eliminating Italy then coming out of a group containing Argentina and W Germany and with only 11 fit men going into Qtr Final with France.Best team from this island in any World Cup Finals with Blanchflower,Gregg,McIlroy,Mc Parland,Peacock and Cush.

skeog

stew

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on May 26, 2016, 04:35:06 PM
Quote from: stew on May 26, 2016, 04:20:57 PM
Who gives a f**k!

Up Armagh ya b**tards.

Why would the 'Nationalist' players need to be singled out as needing your support during the anthem? They're not nationalist if they play for NI.
Good man, you should sing GSTQ with pride.
[/quote

They don't, it is just one reason why I support them, another reason is the fact republicans sold their souls when lizxy came a knocking the republics supporters fawned all over her, so duck the republic, I am sure Connolly and Sands it al were turning  over in their graves!