NFL Game in Wembly - Dolphins V Giants

Started by SuperDooperCooper, April 30, 2007, 01:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Dempsey

Great game to watch on tv. No so sure about being actually at the game. No replays, hard to see what is actually going on other than a heap of lads running into each other. I've been to quiet a few.

SuperDooperCooper

Ticket for the game in wembley out very soon - got the following mail from NFLUK.

Dear NFL fan,

The moment you have been waiting for is almost here! Tickets will go on sale to those who submitted ticket requests via the nfllondon2007 website on 16th  May 2007.

Back in February you requested to buy tickets for the historic first NFL game to be played outside of North America at Wembley Stadium on October 28 between the Miami Dolphins and New York Giants.

As you may have read on nfluk.com, the response was overwhelming, with more than 500,000 ticket requests in just 72 hours. Since then we have been working hard on ensuring that we can get as many of you into the stadium as possible.

Obviously we cannot satisfy this incredible demand, but since you registered your interest in purchasing tickets you are in the queue. Look out for an email and a letter that will be sent in a few days time revealing if you are one of those lucky enough to be able to purchase tickets, and how to go about doing so.

These tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis, and therefore we cannot guarantee that you will be able to buy your tickets in the price category that you had previously indicated.

You will shortly receive an email to the email address you registered your ticket interest with (or the one that you requested to be updated to) explaining how you will make your purchase. This email will come from our official ticket partner for the game – Ticketmaster.

Should you for any reason miss the email from Ticketmaster, you will also receive a letter explaining the procedure for buying tickets.

Good luck buying your tickets – be sure to go online and make your purchase as early as possible to avoid disappointment.

We look forward to seeing you at Wembley.

Thanks,
nfluk

SammyG

Not happy, what was the point of all the pre-registration crap if they were just going to have a free-for-all on ticketmaster?

MaroonAndWhite

Dead right SammyG - surely to God the right way of doing it was to give a max allocation of 4 to each NFLUK member and dispense tickets on a first come first served basis til the 80,000 odd tickets were allocated. If there were any not taken up, these could be dispensed on-line later.
Sure theres shag all chance of getting a ticket now!

thejuice

Dolphin and Giants fans in america will have to get an allocation, with 500,000 requests how do you decide to allocate tickets. thats why they're donig a lottery for people who are registered. I think its a reasonable way of doing, hopefully the tickets will get end up in the hands of real fans this way.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

MaroonAndWhite

Dunno, your probably right Juice but if the purpose of having the game in London was to promote the NFL in Europe, you would hope the allocation to the US fans would be moderate enough so as to give as many people on this side of the water a chance to experience the NFL live.
It just seems that those registered on the NFLUK website prior to announcing the game have proven themselves to be genuine fans and should not lose out on a ticket because some lad tuned in one Sunday night and heard about the game and said 'feck it sure ill throw my name in' in the hope that he gets a ticket.

SammyG

Quote from: thejuice on May 08, 2007, 09:31:35 PM
Dolphin and Giants fans in america will have to get an allocation, with 500,000 requests how do you decide to allocate tickets. thats why they're donig a lottery for people who are registered. I think its a reasonable way of doing, hopefully the tickets will get end up in the hands of real fans this way.

They're not doing a lottery, that's the problem. They're selling the tickets first come first served on ticketmaster, which means that they'll go to the touts and ticket agencies and be straight onto Ebay for huge profit.  >:(

stew

I would not take the gift of a ticket, I live 4 miles from the most storied stadium in the USA and I get offered tickets all the time through the aul job and unless they are in the corporate box with free drink and food i decline and even then I go to about one game every two years. Give me a  Harps U12 league match in Abbey Park anyday. :'(
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

thejuice

so does that mean that being registered with NFLUK isnt worth a damn. well thats a load of shite
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: stew on May 09, 2007, 01:06:39 AM
I would not take the gift of a ticket, I live 4 miles from the most storied stadium in the USA and I get offered tickets all the time through the aul job and unless they are in the corporate box with free drink and food i decline and even then I go to about one game every two years. Give me a  Harps U12 league match in Abbey Park anyday. :'(

I don't blame you Stew, who would want to see the Packers unless the Bears are beating up on them ;)
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

stew

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on May 09, 2007, 07:05:36 AM
Quote from: stew on May 09, 2007, 01:06:39 AM

I don't blame you Stew, who would want to see the Packers unless the Bears are beating up on them ;)

I used to live in Salem MA so i have always followed the pats, I have been in Foxboro twice but the atmosphere is far better at lambeau, that said if i never went to another game i couldnt care less, it is hard to watch.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

thejuice

But its f**king great craic to play.  ;D

Ye should give it a go.

www.iafl.org

or

www.iafs.co.uk

SuperDooperCooper

The NFL issued letters to all people who are to take part in the initial release of tickets.
Not everyone who got the email on Tuesday is illegible for the raffle next Wednesday.
The letter contained a password and a link to the ticket master site.
Only one Irish person said they have received a letter - guess the rest of us must check the post when we go home.....

AZOffaly

Anyone heard anything from this shower? I'm losing hope....

SammyG

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 11, 2007, 09:38:27 AM
Anyone heard anything from this shower? I'm losing hope....

Got a password letter yesterday,   ;D ;D ;D ;D not that I'm gloatingor anything.  ;) Still doesn't guarantee tickets but it's better than not having one.