The OWC/GAA Board Peace Initiative

Started by T Fearon, April 26, 2007, 02:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

Quote from: Square Ball on April 27, 2007, 08:33:12 PM
Quote from: SammyG on April 27, 2007, 08:02:29 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on April 27, 2007, 08:00:49 PM
your havin a laf you little scallywag, honestly who is he, does he weild the power on OWC?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think it's fair to say no to that one. Although he did write We're Not Brazil, so he holds a certain hero status.  ;)

he needs a good kicking for that reason alone then!!!! ;D

Sure we all know where he plagiarised it from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belfast_Brigade

T Fearon

To set the record straight this is me, as Stew and O'Neill will and have confirmed. I don't have a regular seat at Croker but do more times than not get free tickets including Premiums, for GAA Fixtures. The OWC thread will confirm the meeting took place.

I am always willing to oblige and grant a personal audience to those keen to meet me and who go out of their way to do so.It is such devoted fans that have got me to where I am to-day ;D

ziggysego

I'll do a background check and see if it's really is T. Fearon.
Testing Accessibility

stew

FFS ziggy it is fearon, you and slimmy baby really take the biscuit.

This is a new, toned down version (excuse the pun) of the fearonator. Accept this and move on bhoys. ;D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ziggysego

Stew, personally I believe it IS Tony, but I'm just doing a background check to reassure Slim.
Testing Accessibility

stew

Quote from: ziggysego on April 28, 2007, 03:03:41 PM
Stew, personally I believe it IS Tony, but I'm just doing a background check to reassure Slim.

Let that tube slimmy do his own checking ziggy.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Donagh

Saying as you brought them here in the first place Tony, I don't suppose you managed to come to a agreement whereby they'd all feck-off agan?

saffron sam2

Many thanks for your response, which I have only found now. Unfortunately most of it is irrelevant, obviously missing the point or gratuitous nit picking.  A few points.

Quote from: Evil Genius on April 27, 2007, 03:15:07 PM
I have no knowledge of the incident, or anything like it, to which you refer.
It takes a particular class of idiot to involve themselves in a discussion when they have no idea what is being discussed.  It was incidents, by the way.

Was it done before the Patron system was introduced? If so, that immediately makes your attempt to link the two look silly. And if it was since the Patron scheme, if the Moderators wanted to abuse their position by revealing a poster's personal details, would it not have a greater effect if done where everybody could see it, rather than on a closed forum?
You are of course correct here.  The privilege I outlined is in fact open to all members.  Which is nice.  The point I was making was that to access all information on the site, you had to register and by registering you ran the risk of having personal / work details being splashed over the whole site and certainly not just a closed forum, as you imply.

As for your dig about providing personal details to "members of the British Armed Forces", I will put that down to juvenile paranoia. If the Brits want to know what individuals who post on the Internet (any site) are up to, do you really think they have to resort to contacting/using the Moderators of a Football Website?

For f**k's sake! They have some of the most sophisticated electronic eavesdropping technology in the world, listening posts, CCTV cameras, plus mobile phone intercepts, driving licence, TV licence, Inland Revenue records etc  right down to your Library Ticket, if they want. But hey, now that they can't "run" the Internal Security Unit of the Provos any longer, they've switched their resources to using "Our Wee Country". Christ you're good, I'll give you that!
No paranoia (juvenile or otherwise) here, simply a nod in the direction of the moderator who misused the information in the past.  Your inability to distinguish between voluntarily giving information to individual members and covert gathering of information for the entire organisation is worth noting, if only because it proves either you didn't read what I wrote, you didn't understand what I wrote or you don't have a clue what you are posting.

And as for their banning policy, I'm pretty certain that the Mods have actually banned more "Loyalists" than "Republicans"; more of the former attempt to join, so that they can abuse the assorted "hand-wringers and fenian-lovers"* they seem to imagine make up the body of posters on OWC.

As for "Football For All", the vast majority of Members approve of, and support, that campaign, even though it actually run by an official body (the IFA), whereas OWC is simply an unofficial Message Board for people who have an interest in the NI football team, "have an interest in" being the appropriate term, since not everybody who posts is actually a supporter of the team.

* - Actually "Hand-Wringers/Fenian Lovers" is one of the milder terms they use (along with the usual "f's and c's" and threats of violence!
These two points are totally irrelevant to my post and the thread in general.  However, you can read my thoughts on FFA in several other threads.

Now any chance you would stop the nit picking and address some of the more substantive issues I have raised on other threads.  If you can't, I have included a deliberate mistake in this post.

Quote from: Evil Genius on April 27, 2007, 03:24:14 PM
And to answer your parting attempt to retain credibility, afaik, you can no longer register using yahoo or g-mail accounts. However, I'm pretty certain that this is not a means of allowing a hit squad to find out where you work; rather, it is to stop trolls simply re-registering under a new account after they've been banned.

But you probably won't believe that explanation, either... ::)
Delighted that you feel I still retain credibility. I really must try harder.

the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet