Presidential Candidate: U.S. In Danger of Dictatorship

Started by Seamus, April 11, 2007, 08:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamus

Congressman Ron Paul warns elite believe they own us and are "always prepared" to take our liberties

http://www.infowars.net/articles/april2007/110407Paul.htm

Steve Watson & Alex Jones
Infowars.net
Wednesday, April 11, 2007     

Presidential candidate Ron Paul has warned that the US is now at a crisis point because the people have been so neglectful of protecting their liberties and big government has been so effective in eroding them. He warned that the elite are prepared to concoct events to scare the American people and asserted that the 2008 Presidential election is a contest between the people who care about their freedoms and those who are willing to succumb to the temptations of dictatorship.

Congressman Ron Paul joined Alex Jones on air this week for a full hour to discuss his ongoing Presidential campaign and give his views on what he believes the fundamental issues are in America today.

The Congressman gave a candid interview in which he discussed many topics in depth including the economy, foreign policy, the North American Union, the possibility of a draft and the situations in Iraq and Iran.

Known for what many have described as his impeccable voting record, Ron Paul is a champion of individual liberty and a strong campaigner for restoration of a true Constitutionalist form of US government, a trait that has made him a rare and popular candidate amongst people from all across the political spectrum.

When asked what he believes the overriding issue in America today is the Congressman pointed towards the erosion of personal freedoms:

"Probably it's the threat to individual liberty. because our government is growing endlessly by leaps and bounds and nobody seems to want to put a hold on it. every time government grows it is at the expense of personal liberty."

The Congressman explained that freedom is the underlying issue because the consequences of such erosion of individual liberty have a knock on effect in many different areas. Economically, for example, the country is becoming dependent, less productive and less self sustaining.

"Economically the consequences will be that there's going to be a wholesale rejection of the dollar, because the world has trusted the dollar, especially since the breakdown of the Bretton Woods in 1971, when the linkage of the dollar to gold was broken, they still trusted the dollar as if it were gold, and therefore we can print the money and we can spend the money and foreign countries take our money, then loan it back to us, so they're getting a bum rap." Paul stated.

"They get a temporarily good deal but what it does is encourage us not to be productive, it encourages us not to have manufacturing any longer, we can let others do it cheaper, cheap labour, and then we buy it with cheap money. That is going to come to an end. That means later on there are going to be a lot of changes here. Domestically the interest rates are going to rise, the inflation rate, the price of all goods and services, that will rise, and the economy will weaken, so we have some very serious problems ahead."

Turning to foreign policy the Congressman asserted that his first action if he were to be elected as President would be to start to bring American troops home from all over the world.

"As a Commander in chief you could certainly handle the troops around the world. I would start talking to all our allies and tell them what the plans were and start coming home. We are now spending close to a trillion dollars maintaining our foreign policy. It's a lot bigger than most people realise if you add up the Dod, the supplementals, the interest on the money we spend and taking care of our veterans."

The Congressman made it clear that aggression abroad and America as a world police force has had a disastrous impact upon the very fabric of the country.

"We have turned our own country into isolationists, diplomatically we don't talk to anybody, we have more enemies than we've ever had before and fewer allies, and at the same time our ability to defend this country is being diminished on a daily basis. We worry about borders, all around he world, we worry about borders in Korea, about borders around Iraq, and what do we do with our own borders? Here we don't do anything."

Paul then turned to the issue of the North American Union and made it clear that he believes the plans that have been secretly laid in Washington to merge the US, Mexican and Canadian economies are yet again the fallout from the souring of liberty in America.

We have behind the scenes a plan for a North American Union, that's the part that the American people are starting to wake up to, although we have a long way to go to wake up Washington. It's amazing to me how many people outside of Washington are very much aware of the plans with this North American Union, at the same time they are in total denial in Washington, except for the few behind the scenes who are laying the plans and providing the finances."

Turning to discussion of his Presidential campaign, Ron Paul championed the alternative media and the internet as vital tools in allowing him to get his message across to a multitude of people that never could have been reached before without huge injections of money:

"The internet already has been very helpful and I think it's going to be more helpful as time goes on, and that's something that is becoming more so everyday, ten fifteen years ago it wasn't so significant. The other thing is radio talks shows like what you have are very important. Almost every place I go somebody will come up to me and I'll say 'how did you get involved' and it's through your show. So there are a lot of people who have joined our campaign and have already started to show up at our events because of your encouragement."

Paul emphasized that although the bigger candidates can raise millions of dollars through special interests, a lot of that money is wasted on private jets, huge salaries, advisors, advertising and the like. So there isn't as big a gulf between he and the other candidates as people may think.

The Republican Congressman, who has been dubbed "founding father material", by his supporters has surprised some with his initial success, having gained widespread support from Libertarians, Liberals and Conservatives alike.

He stressed that you have to be in the game to have any chance of winning it, and that this not only applies to his own campaign but more importantly applies also to everyone who wishes to remain free in America.

"Time is running out and we may lose our liberties to the point where we won't have these responses." Paul stated.

"You know there's nothing that guarantees that they will allow you to air your radio show forever. They have already trampled on our rights, they talking about putting people in prison today without Habeas Corpus... If we don't preserve our fundamental freedoms we can't fight back. I'm convinced of one thing, we could all be very very poor tomorrow and have to start from scratch but if we have our freedoms and we have our sound currency and we have the government off our backs, this country would rebound so quickly."

Paul then outlined what he feels that the 2008 Presidential election is all about, and also warned that the elite are prepared to attempt to take the liberty of the people and change the course of history:

"I think they are always prepared and everyday they have more powers than before because under these emergency powers acts, the President now has more authority than ever. And the contest that is really going on in this Presidential election is are there enough of us that care about our freedoms versus those who are willing to succumb to the temptations of dictatorship. Just think of the attitude, what it was like right after 9/11 when they passed the Patriot Act, I said 'you know it's not even available, you can't even read it and we're getting ready to vote' they said 'it doesn't matter, the people want us to do something, this looks like we're doing something, it sounds good, there's no way I'm even gonna question this', so they voted for it. They got their signals from the people. it is true that there are a lot of people who wanted something done, the big question is are there more of them or more of us?" Paul commented.

in further reference to 9/11 the Congressman stated:

"I think freedom's been sliding for a long time and it got a lot worse after 9/11 and I'm always afraid of some concocted event that will scare the American people.... The people in this country need a little bit more reason to go along with the President, but unfortunately our leaders in this country too often have been able to provide the incident that unifies the country behind more militarism."

We implore our readers to listen to the entire interview here and support Ron Paul's campaign. His voting record speaks for itself and he represents a genuine chance to attempt to put things right in America today.

To support Ron Paul you can visit his website at www.RonPaul2008.com, where you can donate online or find out how to donate via other methods.

"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Seamus

Ron Paul emerged from last week's GOP debate as completely victorious according to every available benchmark and yet there is still a deliberate ploy to push the Texas Congressman to the sidelines on behalf of a terrified corporate media.

Every single major online poll shows conclusively that Ron Paul won the debate by a mammoth margin, trouncing the bought and paid-for shill Neo-Con candidates that the establishment press are sworn to uphold.

After just over 18,000 votes, the ABC News poll shows Ron Paul with 15,568 compared with nearest rival Mitt Romney who is on a paltry 245. After initially scrubbing Paul from the poll altogether, ABC were forced to add his name after a deluge of furious calls and e mails.

Ron Paul led MSNBC's poll right from the start and before it had even been widely circulated. ABC News claims that activist voting and multiple voting by individuals artificially inflated Paul's numbers, but both claims are demonstrably false. Keith Olbermann reported that Paul was ahead before the link was spread around message boards and blogs and to vote multiple times is impossible - the poll only allows one vote per IP address.

At time of press, Paul currently has 40% approval and 25% disapproval, compared with 43% disapproval and only 22% approval for Giuliani.

Capital News, an arm of CSPAN, had Paul leading his nearest rival Mitt Romney by 60% shortly before voting closed. Rudy Giuliani garnered just 6% of the vote.

Yahoo! News is still censoring Ron Paul by not including him in the list of candidates on their 2008 presidential coverage page, despite the fact that he is wildly popular and has trounced every other Republican candidate in ever online poll.

After receiving a flood of angry complaints, Yahoo promised to review the situation, but 24 hours later their page is still absent any mention of Ron Paul.

This whole fiasco underscores the reality that the President of the United States is not elected by the popular will of the people, but instead is selected from a highly restricted gaggle of pre-approved establishment lackeys.

The corporate media offer the excuse that Ron Paul is not a mainstream candidate and has little chance of winning, therefore their decision to afford him little coverage is justified. But this is a chicken and egg scenario - if the media routinely ignore so-called marginal candidates then they are never going to attain the exposure of a Giuliani or a Romney, thus the media bias becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

If Ron Paul was afforded equal media coverage at every step of the way before the Republican nomination, and if America was still a free country with a democratic process that actually worked, then Ron Paul would be a shoe-in for the Oval Office.

But the fact remains, as is painfully underscored by the media's treatment of Ron Paul, that America is a banana republic where the president is not elected by popular will but selected by the corporate and military-industrial kingpins that for whom, upon inauguration, he becomes the puppet.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/may2007/090507totalvictory.htm

"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".