snooker world championship

Started by anportmorforjfc, April 09, 2007, 01:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Therealdonald on January 24, 2018, 04:05:19 PM
Quote from: Hound on January 24, 2018, 10:26:12 AM
Quote from: Therealdonald on January 23, 2018, 08:25:01 PM
McIlroy O Neill Higgins AP McCoy Dunwoody Joey and Robbie Dunlop...out of that list only Rory McIlroy and Martin O'Neill would be known at international level. I've no chip on my shoulder, just merely pointed out that there wasn't a GAA player in that list when there are numerous examples as equally successful as some mentioned on that list.

Jeez, that some nonsense. Alex Higgins not known internationally??

Joey Dunlop was 5 time world champion in Formula One TT. Events held all over Europe and in Japan.

Go to an American and ask about Alex Higgins? Go to a German ask about Tony McCoy. Even go over to England and ask about Joey Dunlop....the looks of confusion will soon make my point.

Would an english man know all the top class line backers in the NFL? but Americans would find it strange you dont know any! When you are winning things internationally like Higgins (twice world champion) and Joey Dunlop multiple world champion then I think and just hear me out, the clue is in World  ;)

Not to mention our famous racing driver in Eddie Irvine! probably Americans wouldnt know him but hey Americans voted in Trump
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Therealdonald

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2018, 04:17:23 PM
McIlroy O Neill Higgins AP McCoy Dunwoody Joey and Robbie Dunlop...out of that list only Rory McIlroy and Martin O'Neill would be known at international level. I've no chip on my shoulder, just merely pointed out that there wasn't a GAA player in that list when there are numerous examples as equally successful as some mentioned on that list.

Joey Dunlop was 5 time world champion in Formula One TT. Events held all over Europe and in Japan.

Go to an American and ask about Alex Higgins? Go to a German ask about Tony McCoy. Even go over to England and ask about Joey Dunlop....the looks of confusion will soon make my point.

Would an english man know all the top class line backers in the NFL? but Americans would find it strange you dont know any! When you are winning things internationally like Higgins (twice world champion) and Joey Dunlop multiple world champion then I think and just hear me out, the clue is in World  ;)

Not to mention our famous racing driver in Eddie Irvine! probably Americans wouldnt know him but hey Americans voted in Trump
He'd know who Tom Brady is. Or Michael Jordan is. Supposed world class names. You're getting being a World Champion mixed up with being Worldwide known. Truth be told, the North has only produced 3 at most World-wide known sportspeople...Georgie Best and Rory McIlroy are the only certainties but I'm sure someone will come up with another one....This is all still off topic. Mark Allen is a bell-end.

oakleaflad

Was he? Genuine question as it wouldn't be my thing and never looked him up. From what I'm reading it seems like he was a TT champion but not on the list of World Champions I recognize (Valentino Rossi etc.) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Grand_Prix_motorcycle_racing_World_Champions_by_year

Maybe he was a road racing champion as opposed to tracks if that's the possible difference?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Therealdonald on January 24, 2018, 04:22:57 PM

He'd know who Tom Brady is. Or Michael Jordan is. Supposed world class names. You're getting being a World Champion mixed up with being Worldwide known. Truth be told, the North has only produced 3 at most World-wide known sportspeople...Georgie Best and Rory McIlroy are the only certainties but I'm sure someone will come up with another one....This is all still off topic. Mark Allen is a bell-end.

Mary Peters? Pat Jennings (he play any Gaa)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: oakleaflad on January 24, 2018, 04:29:28 PM

Was he? Genuine question as it wouldn't be my thing and never looked him up. From what I'm reading it seems like he was a TT champion but not on the list of World Champions I recognize (Valentino Rossi etc.) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Grand_Prix_motorcycle_racing_World_Champions_by_year

Maybe he was a road racing champion as opposed to tracks if that's the possible difference?

When you were looking at it did it not say Formula 1 TT World Championships 5 in a row?

Therealdonald

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2018, 04:34:45 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on January 24, 2018, 04:22:57 PM

Mary Peters? Pat Jennings (he play any Gaa)

They're not world-wide known. No point trying to argue with you MR. You're like a dog with two tails running in circles

Milltown Row2

Oylmpic Gold medalist is not world wide known? You are a clown, oh are you just looking at people who are famous from about 10/15 years ago? ah! I get it, you're still at school

oakleaflad

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2018, 04:37:18 PM
Quote from: oakleaflad on January 24, 2018, 04:29:28 PM

When you were looking at it did it not say Formula 1 TT World Championships 5 in a row?
Is a Darts player the 'World Champion' if he wins the BDO championship? Is a Formula E World Champion as good as a Formula 1 one?  I've stated it was a genuine question, I know feck all about motorcycles so this TT championship to me could be the same as saying someone who owns one of those secondary boxing titles is a 'World Champion'.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2018, 04:47:33 PM
Oylmpic Gold medalist is not world wide known? You are a clown, oh are you just looking at people who are famous from about 10/15 years ago? ah! I get it, you're still at school

Yeah looking at people from 10/15 years ago with George Best  ::) think before you type. I'm just saying don''t be calling people world superstars or whatever you called them previously when they are not. I keep going back to Joey Dunlop and especially Richard Dunwoody. They aren't well-known outside of here. How often is TT racing on TV even here in the North? Where's the world-wide exposure?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Therealdonald on January 24, 2018, 05:10:27 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2018, 04:47:33 PM

Yeah looking at people from 10/15 years ago with George Best  ::) think before you type. I'm just saying don''t be calling people world superstars or whatever you called them previously when they are not. I keep going back to Joey Dunlop and especially Richard Dunwoody. They aren't well-known outside of here. How often is TT racing on TV even here in the North? Where's the world-wide exposure?
Maybe you flew from George's airport and ask the teacher who was George Best

Milltown Row2

Graham McDowell? Darren Clarke?

dec

Milltown Row2

magpie seanie

It's funny how some of these threads go.

Milltown Row2