fer fecks sake.. MING!!!??

Started by lawnseed, March 06, 2011, 02:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

well now we know just how the irish voter thinks. after falling for lie after lie from bertie and co for fourteen years, then replacing fainna fail with extra strenght fine gael and guttless labour, we stick side show 'ming' in the dail the pot growing eccentric who decries fainna fail but will talk to enda. this tendency to elect cretins to represent us is akin to sending dustin to eurovision, and i'd say we are featuring alot in episodes of eurotrash showned in france/germany. it also explains why the brits have dominated us for centuries.. i mean who wouldnt kick our asses and take our stuff with 'ming' in charge.. ho hum

all we need now is david norris as president.. sweet jeezus ::)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Maguire01

Well it takes all sorts. And you could point out a lot more TDs and ask "what were they (the voters) thinking".

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 06, 2011, 02:39:25 PM
Well it takes all sorts. And you could point out a lot more TDs and ask "what were they (the voters) thinking".

why do we say it when the damage is done? incidently maguire i'm hearing that cavan/monaghan had the highest percentage of spoiled votes in the country, people took time to draw faces, write notes etc whats that about? are they worldly wise or are the candidates all so poor that the use of ones democratic right is not even worth exercising maybe mings all we deserve
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

ross4life

Ming is no joke he's done huge work for all the local iissues in Roscommon & will be one of the few with common sense in the Dail.

Though i can understand why the outsiders would think ming is nothing more than a pot smoking fool.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on March 06, 2011, 02:49:15 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on March 06, 2011, 02:39:25 PM

why do we say it when the damage is done? incidently maguire i'm hearing that cavan/monaghan had the highest percentage of spoiled votes in the country, people took time to draw faces, write notes etc whats that about? are they worldly wise or are the candidates all so poor that the use of ones democratic right is not even worth exercising maybe mings all we deserve
I'd imagine that they didn't rate the candidates. Which is understandable. But arguably spoiling your vote is still exercising your democratic right.

Hardy

I read that Ming has said he has no intention of giving up growing cannabis. It'll be interesting to see how that pans out. You can't have a legislator flouting the law (well, openly I mean - take references to Haughey, Ahern, Burke, etc. as read). I don't think it will be possible for the guards to turn a blind eye. If they do, someone, somewhere is bound to make a report that they'll have to investigate.

magpie seanie

Ming is one of the good guys. if we had more like him we'd be better off. His guiding light in decision making seems to be what he believes is right, not what he's told to do. So what if he smokes a bit of dope? It should be legal anyway, far less dangerous than alcohol.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lawnseed on March 06, 2011, 02:15:39 PM
well now we know just how the irish voter thinks. after falling for lie after lie from bertie and co for fourteen years, then replacing fainna fail with extra strenght fine gael and guttless labour, we stick side show 'ming' in the dail the pot growing eccentric who decries fainna fail but will talk to enda. this tendency to elect cretins to represent us is akin to sending dustin to eurovision, and i'd say we are featuring alot in episodes of eurotrash showned in france/germany. it also explains why the brits have dominated us for centuries.. i mean who wouldnt kick our asses and take our stuff with 'ming' in charge.. ho hum

Lawnseed, think you are a kilometre off on quite a few things here. For one you can not compare Enda Kenny with Bertie Ahern, even those who hate Fine Gael in the Republic will tell you that they are cut from very very different cloth, and that Kennys is the better material. I'm sorry but Enda Kenny is not a creten (by the way that is a birth defect, and it is unplesant thing to call anyone and offensive to those who suffer from it.) It is quite cheeky for you Lawnseed to make these accusations against the Irish electorate when up North you have a parliament full of ex-terrorists and bigots.
I can tell you Pearse Doherty is the only SF'r I would let near Europe and that would only be under the New Government if they decided to take a few from the opposition. At that I still wouldn't take him.

Ming Luke Flanagan, (I disagree with legalised weed) is a very intelligent man and I have heard him on national and local radio and have heard nothing to disprove that opinion. Also I am sure as much as he is willing to talk to Kenny and co, he is also going to challenge this government quite a bit.

David Norris will probably get my vote. Do you know anything about this man, he is very intelligent and one of the few usefull Senators. Many of the unenumerated rights that we have in Bunreacht na hÉireann are thanks to him. He is one of the most popular politicans in the Republic.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Hardy

I agree Seanie. Just wondering what will happen when a TD gets charged with breaking the law as it stands.

Hardy

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 06, 2011, 06:05:45 PMNorris ... is one of the most popular politicans in the Republic.

And an awful spoofer.

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 06, 2011, 06:05:45 PM

Lawnseed, think you are a kilometre off on quite a few things here. For one you can not compare Enda Kenny with Bertie Ahern, even those who hate Fine Gael in the Republic will tell you that they are cut from very very different cloth, and that Kennys is the better material. I'm sorry but Enda Kenny is not a creten (by the way that is a birth defect, and it is unplesant thing to call anyone and offensive to those who suffer from it.) It is quite cheeky for you Lawnseed to make these accusations against the Irish electorate when up North you have a parliament full of ex-terrorists and bigots.
I can tell you Pearse Doherty is the only SF'r I would let near Europe and that would only be under the New Government if they decided to take a few from the opposition. At that I still wouldn't take him.

Ming Luke Flanagan, (I disagree with legalised weed) is a very intelligent man and I have heard him on national and local radio and have heard nothing to disprove that opinion. Also I am sure as much as he is willing to talk to Kenny and co, he is also going to challenge this government quite a bit.

David Norris will probably get my vote. Do you know anything about this man, he is very intelligent and one of the few usefull Senators. Many of the unenumerated rights that we have in Bunreacht na hÉireann are thanks to him. He is one of the most popular politicans in the Republic.

That's the DUP summed up well Mayo, but SF are in government in the six counties too and will keep tabs on them just as they'll keep tabs on a Dáil full of former blueshirt facists!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 06, 2011, 06:18:11 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 06, 2011, 06:05:45 PM

That's the DUP summed up well Mayo, but SF are in government in the six counties too and will keep tabs on them just as they'll keep tabs on a Dáil full of former blueshirt facists!

Name one member of Fine Gael who is a former blueshirt facist, just one, no you can't can you.

Maguire01

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 06, 2011, 06:18:11 PM
Only when you say 'keep tabs on them', you mean 'cosy up with them'.

Denn Forever

Whats so bad about Ming?  He doesn't lead a party, he will have little say in Government but I'd say he'll get as much for Roscommon as he can.

Re: fer fecks sake.. MING!!!??  Isn't that why he was elected?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Well the people of Roscommon made a far saner decision in voting for Ming than those in Louth did in voting for the I was never in the I.R.A. Baron of Manor of Northstead.