US Masters 2010,Augusta National

Started by The Real Laoislad, March 28, 2010, 12:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Can't wait for this,I for one will be glued to the TV next week from Thursday to Sunday.
Amen Corner will no doubt provide some great viewing.

Hard to know who is going to win this one,Villegas is on fire at the moment so might be worth a punt also Els and Furyk are in good form.
Not to sure about Harrington,he has had a couple of Top 10's this year but he seems to have gotten into a habit of blow up holes lately where he gets double bogey or sometimes worse,usually happens on the last day aswell.

I'm going to go with a few each way bets of

Martin Kaymer @ 35/1
Camilio Villegas @ 33/1
Lee Westwood @ 25/1
Paul Casey @ 22/1

I am also going put a small amount on Tiger Woods not to make the cut @ 6/1
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stew

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 28, 2010, 12:17:04 PM
Can't wait for this,I for one will be glued to the TV next week from Thursday to Sunday.

Hard to know who is going to win this one,Villegas is on fire at the moment so might be worth a punt also Els and Furyk are in good form.
Not to sure about Harrington,he has had a couple of Top 10's this year but he seems to have gotten into a habit of blow up holes lately where he gets double bogey or sometimes worse,usually happens on the last day aswell.

Martin Kaymer @ 35/1
Camilio Villegas @ 33/1
Lee Westwood @ 25/1
Paul Casey @ 22/1

harrington is playing very well, he has finally got his swing down from the changes he made and he is putting the ball very well, I have fifry bucks on him to finish in the top three.

Els is bang on form and worth a look and I have woods missing the cut for twenty bucks.

Westwood is my outside bet, 20-1 over here at the minute, this course suits him to the ground.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stiffler

Going for Zach Johnson to be placed at 10/1
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Hedley Lamarr

I'll have a few bob on Mike Weir and KJ Choi.
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

muppet

Welcome back LL.

I'd be wary of backing Els. He always goes well early season as he plays all the (big appearance money) winter tournaments while the others are resting. That is why I think he has only won 3 majors with the talent he obviously possesses.

I've a funny feeling about Harrington this year (but then I do in every competition since he made the breakthrough).
MWWSI 2017

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

AFS

Martin Kaymer @ 35/1
Camilio Villegas @ 33/1
Lee Westwood @ 25/1
Paul Casey @ 22/1

Aye the Houston Open will be decent enough next week, some big names giving it a miss though with the Masters on the following week and all.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: AFS on March 28, 2010, 08:10:57 PM

Martin Kaymer @ 35/1
Camilio Villegas @ 33/1
Lee Westwood @ 25/1
Paul Casey @ 22/1

Aye the Houston Open will be decent enough next week, some big names giving it a miss though with the Masters on the following week and all.

My bad,I got carried away!
Yes of course its on from the 8th-11th April
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tyrones own

Steve Stricker then maybe Sean O'hair (is there a more beautiful swing in golf?
... well besides the spent force that was David Duval) then Henrik Stenson to make my top three 8)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Rossie11

Great finish in store at moment in Arnold Palmer Invitational.
Els was 5 up at one stage. 1 up now with 3 to play

The Real Laoislad

Good finish alright,Els in trouble at the 17th though
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stew

Quote from: Tyrones own on March 29, 2010, 04:36:43 AM
... well besides the spent force that was David Duval) then Henrik Stenson to make my top three 8)

Yes there is, Fred Couples is the single greatest swing I have ever seen, it is unbelievable.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Quote from: stew on March 29, 2010, 07:55:11 PM

Yes there is, Fred Couples is the single greatest swing I have ever seen, it is unbelievable.

Eamon Darcy.
MWWSI 2017

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: muppet on March 29, 2010, 07:56:13 PM
Quote from: stew on March 29, 2010, 07:55:11 PM

Eamon Darcy.
:D

How he managed to hit the ball with that swing is one of the wonders of the world :D 

Charles Barkley has some swing too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s50K65PNeBU&feature=fvw
You'll Never Walk Alone.

AZOffaly

Is Graeme McDowell in the masters field? If he is what price is he to top 5?

Edit. I decide to not be such a lazy hoor. Answer is a) Yes and b) 80/1 to win, quarter the odds 1-5.

Might be worth a tenner e/w.