Prague

Started by downredblack, January 17, 2007, 12:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on January 18, 2007, 12:16:10 AM
There's an Irish pub at the corner of Old town square, can't remember the name of it at the minute, but loads of seats outside it, if you ask in the Irish bar (not the English shite hole beside it) they will point you in the right direction.

I think that Irish bar is called Caffrey's, Old Town Square.  Not a great bar itself, pints aren't Czech-cheap and they weren't overly keen on getting the Championship matches on but we did find out about some good bars on the side-streets.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Mid Mon

Watched a 6 nations rugby match in Cafferys 2 years ago brilliant day. was back in june of the same year and hated the place it was almost as expensive as home. Myself and 2 mates atarted of every day with 6 pints each in a bar out from the centre beside our apartment the 18 pints cost €4.50 compared to €3 each in cafferys and we were only about 15 mins walk from old town square. theres a good place to eat in a basement under marks and spencer on the main street not far from rocky o'reillys and theres also a small steak house about 100m up from rocky o'reillys on the left.

Over the Bar

I hear a lot ot people grumbling that they'd heard it was cheap but it worked out expensive.  Obvioulsly the most popular bars & restaurants in the tourist centre will be expensive - just like in every other country!   You need to do some homework and get away from the tourist areas and the difference in price is amazing.  If you are playing more than 50-70 cents for a pint in Prague you are in the wrong place!

bailestil

If you're going for a lads weekend away your in the right spot. othe than that i wouldn't be too sure.

We stayed in a hostel on the outskirts and jesus was the drink cheap.
20-30p per pint easily.

Not that we were interested... but a lot of the place looks like the Red Army had only left last week.

The famous 5-story night club must be experienced. 5 storys of a warehouse which gave you the authentic feeling for how it must have felt working in a skoda factory behind the iron curtain.

after 15 pints of staropromen the statue of the guy with the laser coming out his eyes is definately an experience!

the green man

Stay out of the touristy bars and the prices are fine. If you go over the bridge towards the castle, Jo's Bar is on your left, which opens 24hr seemingly. Also if you go over the bridge and take your first road on your left theres a great pub just round to the right, It might be called Murphy's though I'm not a 100% sure. Great food in their too. Molly Malones is the best of the Irish pubs on the other side of the river. Don't forget to visit Karel at Poborsky's Sport shop

Mid Mon

QuoteAlso if you go over the bridge and take your first road on your left theres a great pub just round to the right, It might be called Murphy's though I'm not a 100% sure

This is without doubt the pick of the irish bars couple of excellent nights there. after you leave the multistory night club beside the bridge at 6am cross the road turn right and take first left youll find a bar open till about 9

Over the Bar

QuoteThe famous 5-story night club must be experienced. 5 storys of a warehouse which gave you the authentic feeling for how it must have felt working in a skoda factory behind the iron curtain.

LOL that about sums it up.  You can also buy anything in that nite club if you get chatting to the locals and I mean anything!  I was offered the chance to go shooting deer with a kalashnikov AK-47, illegally of course but was told there would be no trouble even if caught by the police.     Or alternatively I could go shooting buses and vans in a scrap yard...quite legally!

downredblack

How much are we talking about for a taxi from the airport to the city ?

cavan4ever

Hoe much to shoot some deer with a AK-47???   :D

ziggysego

I'm going to Prague for a Stag in May. Any good spots to keep an eye out for?
Testing Accessibility

Over the Bar

I think ours was about £25 and that was 2 years ago.  The taxis that pull up at the airport are a major rip-off.  There are taxi buses which are mini buses and charge about £4 each, but depending on where you are staying it might take a while to get to your hotel and valuable drinking time might be lost!  

Best way is to phone your hotel and ask them to organise to pick you up and that should be about £10-£15.

Over the Bar

QuoteI'm going to Prague for a Stag in May. Any good spots to keep an eye out for?

Feck me Ziggy, try reading the thread at least!  ::)

downredblack

uselessfootballer

Was told a very reliable Taxi service before I went there 2 years ago, www.pragueairportshuttle.com

You book it before travel for a fixed price I think it was about £12 when I went.
They will wait up to about 30mins for late arrivals.
Good service absolutely no hassle driver was full of local knowledge

Dinny Breen

Lads,

any further updates to this thread, heading over this week-end.
#newbridgeornowhere