The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on May 02, 2018, 09:54:45 PM
Anyone else a bit annoyed they lost the game?

Absolutely, no way we were only 1 goal better than then. Both peno's harsh and the unluckiest own goal you'll ever see.

Anyway we are through and all that counts

Dire Ear

Better to go through with work to do, but a terrible show I thought

Puckoon

Really would like to see Liverpool win this whole thing - but there are huge question marks under pressure with the game in the balance.

Salah kept quiet enough tonight, but plenty of outlet in Mane and Firmino. Pretty Sure Liverpool will score - be interesting to see what happens at the other end.

Is Can gone?

seafoid

Quote from: Dire Ear on May 02, 2018, 10:46:24 PM
Semifinals are usually far more free flowing than finals. And not just in soccer.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Dire Ear

Quote from: seafoid on May 02, 2018, 10:50:40 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on May 02, 2018, 10:46:24 PM
Semifinals are usually far more free flowing than finals. And not just in soccer.
Dont know, final could be a great game

gawa316

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on May 02, 2018, 09:32:19 PM
Quote from: trileacman on May 02, 2018, 09:10:10 PM
Ronnie Whelan is hard to listen to as well.
He is ruining the game. The abuse he gave Louvren for the first goal "Lourven's just tried to hoof that away" what the f**k did he expect?

Ray Houghton use to be like that as well, if a player didn't do the perfect thing at the time he would criticize them. 

Geoff Tipps

When St. Galls Mammy breaks the news to him tomorrow morning  ;D ;D

trileacman

Loss mightn't do them much harm against Real. Reaffirms their underdog tag and could stir some complacency in the Madrid ranks.

They are obviously a bit knackered from all the high stakes football, I'm not so worried about the defense, apart from TAA's drop in form. Salah has lost that small bit of killer instinct this last 2 games and Firmino was bolloxed tonight. The strength and creativity of the Ox is a huge miss too. Mane though I thought was our best player tonight, covered every blade and had some wonderfully deft touches, just lacks that small bit of killer instinct after all his good work. He's a bit greedy.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Tony Baloney

Roma doubled up on Salah for good parts of the match. Wouldn't be too worried about him. If they man up on him it means a gap for someone else. Real Madrid definitely doable.

Milltown Row2

Madrid will be too cocky to change their game.. that's the arrogance of such a team! Wide open in defense and Liverpool should over run them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thebuzz

Quote from: gawa316 on May 02, 2018, 10:41:10 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 02, 2018, 09:54:45 PM
Anyone else a bit annoyed they lost the game?

Absolutely, no way we were only 1 goal better than then. Both peno's harsh and the unluckiest own goal you'll ever see.

Anyway we are through and all that counts

Yeah I thought both penalties were harsh. Milner was bound to have been sore after the own goal. He took some knock.

thebuzz

Real Madrid were lucky to get through as well. As far as I could see Bayern Munich were the better team last night.

J70

Quote from: laoislad on May 02, 2018, 09:39:40 PM
Never in doubt  ;D
Fair f**ks to Roma in fairness. Liverpool gifted them their first  two goals but they kept going.
Can't see Liverpool beating Madrid with defending like that though but Liverpool are in the Champions League Final....Who'd have thunk it  ;D ;D ;D

Big time.  ;D Miracle stuff overall with the utter lack of depth in the squad exposed by a small number of injuries. Brilliant first eleven or so, but once they tire in the last fifteen minutes, the quality of the team just plummets, as we have seen over the past few weeks. If they are to win the final, I would think they'll need to be sitting on at least a two goal lead going into the last ten minutes.

Problem is that they can't rest the players yet as the champions league spot for next year is not assured yet. In all likelihood, they will have to beat Brighton, but I guess they will at least have two week break then before the final.

Could really use Can and Lallana fit by then, but they'll have zero sharpness.

Definitely got a couple of breaks along the way, particularly in the City tie, but while Roma were denied a legitimate penalty when Dzeko was brought down, I thought the two they got in the two games were extremely harsh. In addition, am I the only one who thought the Alexander-Arnold one was NOT a penalty? There is no way that could be hand-to-ball given the proximity, while given the way he was diving in, there is no way that that was an "unnatural" position for his hand to be in. You dive in to a tackle like that, your arm is always going to go up in the air - its a perfectly natural, involuntary movement.

sid waddell

I thought I was dreaming, but then I remembered that we are Liverpool.

supersub

Mane should have had a penalty in the first half too. Blantant push in the back. If an attacker did that on a defender or someone did it on the keeper in the box it would be a free out. So works both ways. Agree TAA handball was 100 mile an hour stuff from close range would have been harsh. Karius got lucky with the Dzeko one, terrible timing. New GK needed, don't care how much he has 'improved'.

Cant help but think if we weren't so far ahead we would have pushed on and scored more, so not overt worried about the result. First defeat in CL this season though - only unbeaten team until last night.

Salah was well marshalled alright, but he can't do it every game so good to see Mane continuing to shine and someone else getting the goals outside of the front 3.

Madrid will be Madrid and it will be an open game no doubt. Every chance of winning though!