Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

866 in the 26 and 822 I think in the 6.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

JimStynes

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 29, 2020, 06:41:28 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on October 29, 2020, 04:20:18 PM
Rushmere shopping centre has been packed this week. No point closing the schools when everyone is going about their business.

Is this a serious point?

What do you want them to do? People are allowed to go to shops.

If they are all wearing masks (even the makeshift ones that offer little to no protection) they are doing no harm.

It's a very serious point. The children that I teach aren't allowed in school but they're allowed to go to the shopping centre and walk around the shops. Surely you see how stupid that is.

thewobbler

Quote from: JimStynes on October 29, 2020, 07:45:07 PM
Rushmere shopping centre has been packed this week. No point closing the schools when everyone is going about their business.

Is this a serious point?

If they are all wearing masks (even the makeshift ones that offer little to no protection) they are doing no harm.

It's a very serious point. The children that I teach aren't allowed in school but they're allowed to go to the shopping centre and walk around the shops. Surely you see how stupid that is.

I agree. It's up there with banning small crowds from matches, while allowing them in shopping centres. Face masks or not. It just makes no sense.

GetOverTheBar

Is this a serious point?

They still aren't doing anything wrong, as long as they do the mask and sanitisation. I don't see what the problem is. Christ almighty they are kids.

Your problem is a legislative one. They are allowed into shops. There's nothing stupid about it, just because you don't like it doesn't mean they are in the wrong.

thewobbler

I don't believe he's saying they're wrong. He's saying the policy makers are wrong.

Primary school kids don't have to wear masks either. Which is obviously great news for everyone else out shopping because although the little buggers might not be affected by it, it doesn't stop them spreading it.

Edit: being "all in this together" is much easier during a full lockdown when you aren't constantly evaluating policies as ideas that have been pulled out of a hat, rather than a strategic decision.

GetOverTheBar

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-foyle-west-54731262

There is a lot in this. Seems somewhat strange it's been recorded as a Covid case.

thebuzz

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 29, 2020, 09:14:48 PM

There is a lot in this. Seems somewhat strange it's been recorded as a Covid case.
Definitely appears very strange that they would record it as a covid case if he had no symptoms and was negative when he passed away. Very sad whatever the cause.

RedHand88

Quote from: thebuzz on October 29, 2020, 09:33:29 PM

Definitely appears very strange that they would record it as a covid case if he had no symptoms and was negative when he passed away. Very sad whatever the cause.

If you test positive in the last 28 days of life you count. Its to take account of those who catch it and never really get better.

Milltown Row2

There has been many deaths recorded incorrectly, if this has been the case then whoever has 'leaked' that information should be disciplined.

There's absolutely no reason why such headlines need to be fabricated, and if the news or someone else has done it for the wrong reasons then it's backfired completely.

It gives the nut jobs ammunition to go on about seasonal flu and so on, though we are a couple pages away from them coming on

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 29, 2020, 09:45:00 PM
There has been many deaths recorded incorrectly, if this has been the case then whoever has 'leaked' that information should be disciplined.

There's absolutely no reason why such headlines need to be fabricated, and if the news or someone else has done it for the wrong reasons then it's backfired completely.

It gives the nut jobs ammunition to go on about seasonal flu and so on, though we are a couple pages away from them coming on

One of Anne McCloskeys main gripes from the start was this, I didnt agree with all she said at the time but this has been proved true since by many reputable sources. The Nolan Show in which he  had the Oxford professor on was a redner for Nolan

Milltown Row2

Watched that and Nolan shut it down and moved on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Downtothewire

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 29, 2020, 09:40:42 PM
Quote from: thebuzz on October 29, 2020, 09:33:29 PM

After reading the case above you have to wonder about the other story BBC NI were running today that Altnagelvin might need to ration oxygen. Maybe this should be in the "what the f**k" section

If you test positive in the last 28 days of life you count. Its to take account of those who catch it and never really get better.

JimStynes

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 29, 2020, 08:01:24 PM

Is this a serious point?

They still aren't doing anything wrong, as long as they do the mask and sanitisation. I don't see what the problem is. Christ almighty they are kids.

Your problem is a legislative one. They are allowed into shops. There's nothing stupid about it, just because you don't like it doesn't mean they are in the wrong.

Of course they're not doing anything wrong by law. I'm allowed to go to the gym and I am allowed to go shopping etc but I can't teach the children in my class. It's seems stupid to me. Surely it's better to lock everything down than to close the schools. And you say it so casually about masks and sanitisation. The children I teach are primary school age, they don't have to wear a mask and they definitely don't always sanitise their hands. It's hard enough for adults to stick to that never mind the children. It's a half assed approach.

Mario

You are allowed to go to the gym?