Galway vs Dublin - All Ireland Semi Final - 11/8/2018

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 06, 2018, 02:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

tippabu

Has the dublin team been named yet? Think for myself it adds to the lack of buzz around these games that ive not even noticed anything about team announcements until now.

galwayman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 11, 2018, 11:21:53 AM
The Galway team to play Dublin in Croke Park on Saturday August 11th has been announced

1-Ruairí Lavelle

2-Declan Kyne

3-Seán Andy Ó Ceallaigh

4-Eoghan Kerin

5-Cathal Sweeney

6-Gareth Bradshaw

7-Gary O'Donnell

8-Peter Cooke

9-Thomas Flynn

10-Shane Walsh

11-Patrick Sweeney

12-Seán Kelly

13-Ian Burke

14-Damien Comer

15-Eamonn Brannigan
There is zero chance of Patrick Sweeney starting this game.
Heaney will play anyway & possibly there will be one or two other changes.

Mayo4Sam14

If I were Kevin Walsh I'd genuinely send Galway out to the hill like Mayo in '06. Galway aren't expected to win, nothing to lose, get into their heads early. Send somebody into Cluxton with a heavy shoulder rattle him early.
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on August 11, 2018, 11:52:56 AM
God save those poor lads.
It isn't Roscommon.
A decent performance today and there could be a Sam down the road.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Syferus

Today is a bit of a non-event and I have incredible reservations about how they have created this machine but this is such a wonderful group of footballers in Dublin. They play the sport with a smoothness that I've never seen before. Literally the best that has ever played the sport.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: galwayman on August 11, 2018, 12:38:55 PM
The Galway team to play Dublin in Croke Park on Saturday August 11th has been announced

1-Ruairí Lavelle

2-Declan Kyne

3-Seán Andy Ó Ceallaigh

4-Eoghan Kerin

5-Cathal Sweeney

6-Gareth Bradshaw

7-Gary O'Donnell

8-Peter Cooke

9-Thomas Flynn

10-Shane Walsh

11-Patrick Sweeney

12-Seán Kelly

13-Ian Burke

14-Damien Comer

15-Eamonn Brannigan

He might start and Heaney replace O'Donnell instead. Fit again Ciaran Duggan could be given a start in place of Sweeney. Will be at least 2 changes on that Dublin team named to start also.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 11, 2018, 01:07:53 PM

1-Ruairí Lavelle

2-Declan Kyne

3-Seán Andy Ó Ceallaigh

4-Eoghan Kerin

5-Cathal Sweeney

6-Gareth Bradshaw

7-Gary O'Donnell

8-Peter Cooke

9-Thomas Flynn

10-Shane Walsh

11-Patrick Sweeney

12-Seán Kelly

13-Ian Burke

14-Damien Comer

15-Eamonn Brannigan

He might start and Heaney replace O'Donnell instead. Fit again Ciaran Duggan could be given a start in place of Sweeney. Will be at least 2 changes on that Dublin team named to start also.

Micheal Daly has to start surely?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 11, 2018, 01:12:07 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 11, 2018, 01:07:53 PM

1-Ruairí Lavelle

2-Declan Kyne

3-Seán Andy Ó Ceallaigh

4-Eoghan Kerin

5-Cathal Sweeney

6-Gareth Bradshaw

7-Gary O'Donnell

8-Peter Cooke

9-Thomas Flynn

10-Shane Walsh

11-Patrick Sweeney

12-Seán Kelly

13-Ian Burke

14-Damien Comer

15-Eamonn Brannigan

Micheal Daly has to start surely?

Might not be over the hamstring yet.

Lar Naparka

I can't see anything bar a comfortable Dublin win.
They will do just about enough to get over this hurdle and allow them concentrate on the next step in the inevitable process that will see Clucko waving Sam in the air for the benefit of the loyal fans, give his usual " A Chairde Gaeil"  speech and then it will be back to business as usual. Business means planning for next September when Cluxton or possibly someone else will go through that same routine one more time.
Dublin may well be beaten once in a while- after all in a game of 15 against 15, when the two best teams in the county meet, there is always the possibility of a shock, a la Donegal in 2014.
I think one of the guiding lights behind their Blue Wave initiative got it right when he figured that Dublin could realistically expect 3 out of every 5  Sams in any given period from now on.
I expect that this is a conservative estimate of what will happen- as time goes on and the social and economic gap between Dublin and the rest widens, that imbalance will get even more lopsided.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 11, 2018, 12:41:57 PM
If I were Kevin Walsh I'd genuinely send Galway out to the hill like Mayo in '06. Galway aren't expected to win, nothing to lose, get into their heads early. Send somebody into Cluxton with a heavy shoulder rattle him early.
Comparing apples to oranges. Dublin 2006 was very flaky and their supporters had to watch that flakiness until they reached All Ireland final in 2011 their first final since 1995.

MayomaninRos

Even if they wanted to they won't be allowed to do that. Dublin will be scheduled to come out before Galway.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: MayomaninRos on August 11, 2018, 02:03:36 PM

Even if they wanted to they won't be allowed to do that. Dublin will be scheduled to come out before Galway.

Come out early, I'm sure you'll remember Mayo not coming out at the right time against Dublin

Milltown Row2

Could be a hammering session here.. bookies are going for 35 points under/over . Would Galway manage 15 points?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea