?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

restorepride

Quote from: In hiding on February 28, 2018, 02:21:01 AM
Quote from: DERRYSFINEST on February 27, 2018, 03:43:48 PM
Hearing Mickey Moran took some serious verbal abuse from  Slaughneil supporter(s) after the game. Incredible if true, after what he has done for that club?

Will he stay for another year?  Their management team must have an average age of 70
Quote from: In hiding on October 29, 2017, 04:08:03 AM
not wishing to take anything away from an impressive slaughtneil victory but that's twice I've met their supporters. we have lots of crazies in tyrone but nothing to compare to the slaughtneil loonies. is this normal In derry

Not surprising !
Looks like you have sleep problems. Any black pots or kettles left around Tyrone?  Or are they still on the train from the Armagh match?

toby47

Mickey Moran has stepped down as Slaughtneil manager.

seanyb1

Quote from: toby47 on February 28, 2018, 08:11:12 AM

john joe kearney & paddy flynn must be the favourites to take over now?

toby47

Quote from: seanyb1 on February 28, 2018, 08:18:35 AM
Quote from: toby47 on February 28, 2018, 08:11:12 AM

john joe kearney & paddy flynn must be the favourites to take over now?

No idea, haven't heard anything more than he stepped away immediately after the game on Sunday. With most managers already with clubs and the new season starting in 35 days it could be likely John Joe & Paddy take it on.

BackInTheGame

I heard John Joe had stepped aside too. Big boots to fill now.

Wildweasel74

Big boots to fill but by far the best team in the county; a golden goose or a poisoned chalice?

BackInTheGame

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 28, 2018, 02:06:37 PM
Big boots to fill but by far the best team in the county; a golden goose or a poisoned chalice?
I wouldn't be taking it. If the names rumoured to be considering travelling are true, I'm not sure they'd still be by far the best team, but there'd still be the huge pressure to succeed.

seanyb1

Quote from: BackInTheGame on February 28, 2018, 02:10:34 PM
I wouldn't be taking it. If the names rumoured to be considering travelling are true, I'm not sure they'd still be by far the best team, but there'd still be the huge pressure to succeed.

who has been rumoured? In the past they've paid big money for outside managers

Wildweasel74

If the neilers can afford it i look outside the county

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: braveheart on February 26, 2018, 08:02:16 PM
Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on February 26, 2018, 10:51:22 AM
Quote from: DERRYSFINEST on February 25, 2018, 09:54:10 PM
Everyone from Bellaghy with a social media account boasting about hosting a bloody colleges match. What will they be like if they ever win another championship?  ::) A wee  bit embarrassing

We put on a show young man. We were the talk of Ulster last night on how to stage big games.
Some club. The next instalment of championships are about to roll.
Bring the county games to Bellaghy
LOL. This time last year tfal was boasting about the glorious youth coming through in Bellaghy and after the embarrassment of the loss to Draperstown in the minor final all they can celebrate is a big crowd at a schools game. How the mighty have fallen LOL

Bravefart, that was a hard one to take. We were the best team in the county by a country mile and screen nearly won Ulster.
But it does back up my argument about the '93 managers. Damian Cassidy and Danny Quinn were the managers

toby47

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on February 28, 2018, 02:20:03 PM
Quote from: braveheart on February 26, 2018, 08:02:16 PM
Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on February 26, 2018, 10:51:22 AM
Quote from: DERRYSFINEST on February 25, 2018, 09:54:10 PM
Everyone from Bellaghy with a social media account boasting about hosting a bloody colleges match. What will they be like if they ever win another championship?  ::) A wee  bit embarrassing

We put on a show young man. We were the talk of Ulster last night on how to stage big games.
Some club. The next instalment of championships are about to roll.
Bring the county games to Bellaghy
LOL. This time last year tfal was boasting about the glorious youth coming through in Bellaghy and after the embarrassment of the loss to Draperstown in the minor final all they can celebrate is a big crowd at a schools game. How the mighty have fallen LOL

Bravefart, that was a hard one to take. We were the best team in the county by a country mile and screen nearly won Ulster.
But it does back up my argument about the '93 managers. Damian Cassidy and Danny Quinn were the managers

What have that Bellaghy team won? An u14? Magherafelt won 16's & Screen won minors. Doesn't say much for 'the best team in the country'

BackInTheGame

Quote from: seanyb1 on February 28, 2018, 02:13:05 PM

It wouldn't be fair on them for an anonymous Internet poster to spread names based on second - hand rumours but I will say I'm not talking about substitutes.

restorepride

Quote from: BackInTheGame on February 28, 2018, 02:52:42 PM

It wouldn't be fair on them for an anonymous Internet poster to spread names based on second - hand rumours but I will say I'm not talking about substitutes.
What integrity!  Surprised Moran has gone, if true, with a big chance of 5 in a row.  Not even the great Bellaghy team achieved that.

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: restorepride on February 28, 2018, 08:05:30 PM

What integrity!  Surprised Moran has gone, if true, with a big chance of 5 in a row.  Not even the great Bellaghy team achieved that.

Whenever the great Bellaghy team was about there was other good teams in Derry and Ulster.
Let's be honest and call it for what it is. Slaughtneil came at a time when Derry and Ulster club football was at its weakest ever.

restorepride

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on March 01, 2018, 10:53:58 AM
Quote from: restorepride on February 28, 2018, 08:05:30 PM

Whenever the great Bellaghy team was about there was other good teams in Derry and Ulster.
Let's be honest and call it for what it is. Slaughtneil came at a time when Derry and Ulster club football was at its weakest ever.
A bit unbalanced, we were going for 4 in a row, prior to Slaughtneil's dominance.  But I agree that there are few to challenge Slaughtneil in the county at present.