The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, April 14, 2010, 11:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eastern_gael

Capello seems to have lost the plot like every other engerland manager before him, seems to be making some very strange decisions if it is James he is going for tonight. Maintained always that his decisions would be based on form- Heskey, Green, Lennon didnt even have average seasons at their clubs yet started first game. Surely the form keeper has to be Joe Hart. And bringing along David Beckham for the jaunt and to promote Brand Beckham in another continent!!!!! All very strange

Main Street

Quote from: Aerlik on June 18, 2010, 04:11:57 AM
Quote from: ONeill on June 17, 2010, 09:55:09 PM
France have been crap for 3 years now.

...and where are those who said we should have been there instead?  Just imagine how embarrassing it would have been.
Are you afraid of embarrassment or failure?  That's a loser's psychology, a fear of failure.

We might not bring any consistent level of top class football to any Final's stage but each time the team have gone they have done their honest best and there is no reason to believe that this WC would have been any different. The World Cup is where you want your best players to turn it on and the team to give their all.

Galwaybhoy

I would have played James from the very first match.  Despite being 39 years old he is a pretty good keeper.  However if I had started with Green I would continue with him.  I find managers change keepers too much sometimes when they make mistakes.  That wont do anygood for confidence.  Best off picking who you think is the best keeper and giving him a few games to claim his place.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Main Street on June 18, 2010, 11:33:30 AM

...and where are those who said we should have been there instead?  Just imagine how embarrassing it would have been.
Are you afraid of embarrassment or failure?  That's a loser's psychology, a fear of failure.

We might not bring any consistent level of top class football to any Final's stage but each time the team have gone they have done their honest best and there is no reason to believe that this WC would have been any different. The World Cup is where you want your best players to turn it on and the team to give their all.
Weren't able to beat a consistently poor France side therefore they didn't qualify. Get over it lads.

Main Street

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 18, 2010, 12:28:50 PM
Quote from: Main Street on June 18, 2010, 11:33:30 AM

Weren't able to beat a consistently poor France side therefore they didn't qualify. Get over it lads.

Get over yourself.
I am over the non-qualification a long time ago.

seafoid

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on June 18, 2010, 09:52:33 AM
David James in goal for England tonight

Isn't he calamity James ? What was the name associated with ? Didn't Paul robinson have a howler recently as well playing in goal for Engerland ? 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

aontroim

Serbia 1 - 0 Germany - Klose sent off 2 yellow cards - very harsh from the ref.  Goal came about a minute later.

supersarsfields

Am I right that's the boy going to Liverpool who scored?

Denn Forever

Woops.

Blows open the game.

Tackle from behind, right under the Ref's nose.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: supersarsfields on June 18, 2010, 01:11:02 PM
Am I right that's the boy going to Liverpool who scored?

Yep.

Ref is a joker.  There could be more red cards
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Catch the high ball

I backed Serbia to win the group but I also backed Klose to be top goalscorer!
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

An Fear Rua

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/18/world-cup-2010-germany-serbia-live

7 min When Mueller's right-wing cross is headed clear by the Real Madrid centre-back Nemanja Vidic, Podolski, 20 yards out, deliberately slashes across a beautiful left-footed volley that whistles just wide of the near post.
Its Grim up North

Main Street

Mild enough yellows for Klose, but deserved a 2nd yellow for sheer stupidity with the second needless effort.

Whelan and Souness  ;D 
Since when does there have to be animosity in a poor tackle to make it a yellow?
Fair play to Daragh for taking them on.

If Germany have a relatively weakness, it is upfront with Muller and Klose.

Billys Boots

Podolski misses two sitters and a penalty in the space of three minutes.  Bizarre.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

A Quinn Martin Production

Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties