URGENT! Stolen passport - what to do

Started by Farrandeelin, October 27, 2016, 09:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

My sister had her passport stolen in Barcelona within the last hour. Due to fly home today. Anyone know who to contact?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Boycey

Irish consulate Barcelona be a good place to start?

+34 934915021

OgraAnDun

Farrandeelin

thebigfella

Contact police and go to correct consulate/embassy to get a temp passport. You need passport photos for the temp passport so get them in advance.

Who's she flying with as they might let her on the flight without the passport if she has valid id? I'd ring the airline to check if she can get on.

Walter Cronc

Had mine stolen in Rome a few years back. Took me 2/3 days to get a new one. Perhaps airlines are more relaxed in terms of i.d these days??

Horrible feeling Farra. Hope shes ok!!!

OgraAnDun

Quote from: thebigfella on October 27, 2016, 09:50:36 AM
Contact police and go to correct consulate/embassy to get a temp passport. You need passport photos for the temp passport so get them in advance.

Who's she flying with as they might let her on the flight without the passport if she has valid id? I'd ring the airline to check if she can get on.

In Barcelona you need to get through passport control in the airport to get to non-Schengen Zone area boarding gates, so I don't think that will work.

thebigfella

Quote from: OgraAnDun on October 27, 2016, 09:56:05 AM
Quote from: thebigfella on October 27, 2016, 09:50:36 AM

In Barcelona you need to get through passport control in the airport to get to non-Schengen Zone area boarding gates, so I don't think that will work.

Sometimes they accept the police report and valid id too but forgot about that. If you can't reschedule the flight and the airline will let you on; you could rock up and try.

Farrandeelin

Luckily her boyfriend has sent on a pic of her passport to her friend's phone. She's going to the consulate. That should do to get a temp passport shouldn't it?

thebigfella

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 27, 2016, 11:02:16 AM
Luckily her boyfriend has sent on a pic of her passport to her friend's phone. She's going to the consulate. That should do to get a temp passport shouldn't it?

No, for the Irish one you need a police report, a passport photo and to pay a fee.

Double check with the consulate though.

Mikhail Prokhorov

just use your passport card then get a new passport when you get home

Farrandeelin

Thankfully all is well that ends well. She got a temporary passport. Flying home this evening. She was lucky, as the consulate closed at 2pm local time. Got in half an hour before it.

PS thanks for all the replies and messages.

stew

I am glad it worked out for her, stressful situation.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 27, 2016, 02:35:51 PM
Thankfully all is well that ends well. She got a temporary passport. Flying home this evening. She was lucky, as the consulate closed at 2pm local time. Got in half an hour before it.

Farr were you directing operations back at base? The internet is great for stuff like that.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Farrandeelin

Quote from: seafoid on October 28, 2016, 10:19:57 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 27, 2016, 02:35:51 PM

Farr were you directing operations back at base? The internet is great for stuff like that.
Bits and pieces of it.