Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 11, 2021, 04:20:49 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 11, 2021, 04:18:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 11, 2021, 03:49:43 PM
Quote from: Hound on January 11, 2021, 03:38:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 11, 2021, 02:56:58 PM

There are multiple reasons as to why Flu and other seasonal virus's haven't been hit hard this year and hopefully that continues..

Reasons given:
Less contact
Less people flying from country to country
Increased flu jabs, highest ever worldwide

Odd that someone makes you spell that out. Blazingly obvious why flu rates are well down this winter so far.

I'm more concerned with why we are talking about flu. Not comparable, or to use something that Angelo uses, comparing apples and oranges

Another asshole trying to diminish the severity of seasonal flu.

Why have we not reached the death totals of season flu in Jan 2018 yet?

Are you trying to say that covid is just flu disguised as covid?

Do I need to get the tinfoil out for this?

I've asked you to try and explain what you mean. But no , rather call me an asshole, that really works Seaney/angelo/syfreus

Why have we not reached the death totals of Jan 2018 yet?

It's a simple question.

Why is Covid spreading like the plague during this winter when the flu isn't given that transmission happens in the same way? Why do you ignore seasonal spikes in excess death rates every winter when seasonal flu comes around?

You have given an answer to a question that extends beyond any comprehensible level of logic. The factors you have given for the reduction in the level of flu should mean we have very little Covid levels but they are going in opposite directions.

The lack of seasonal flu this winter lacks any sort of credibility.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on January 11, 2021, 04:24:35 PM

There are multiple reasons as to why Flu and other seasonal virus's haven't been hit hard this year and hopefully that continues..

Reasons given:
Less contact

Odd that someone makes you spell that out. Blazingly obvious why flu rates are well down this winter so far.

I'm more concerned with why we are talking about flu. Not comparable, or to use something that Angelo uses, comparing apples and oranges

I've asked you to try and explain what you mean. But no , rather call me an asshole, that really works Seaney/angelo/syfreus

Why have we not reached the death totals of Jan 2018 yet? Is there not differences in the flu every year, and that year was the highest in 40 years?

It's a simple question.

Why is Covid spreading like the plague during this winter when the flu isn't given that transmission happens in the same way? Why do you ignore seasonal spikes in excess death rates every winter when seasonal flu comes around? Transmission is easier to catch than flu as its completely different, I ignore seasonal spikes as they are seasonal and this is not related to seasons and is a yearly thing, so generally I'll not discuss flu in the spring summer autumn months. When its bad at winter, I'll discuss it

You have given an answer to a question that extends beyond any comprehensible level of logic. The factors you have given for the reduction in the level of flu should mean we have very little Covid levels but they are going in opposite directions. Again, if anything has shown us with this covid is that the transmission is far easier than catching flu, I've been around many people that have had the flu, when working as a teacher I'd be in an environment where flus were very common, I've only ever had flu once, I was 18

The lack of seasonal flu this winter lacks any sort of credibility. Do you wish to have the flu as well as the Covid, or is it your idea that they are one of the same? I'm confused with your musing on flu, when we are talking covid
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 11, 2021, 04:43:16 PM

Reasons given:
Less contact

Why have we not reached the death totals of Jan 2018 yet? Is there not differences in the flu every year, and that year was the highest in 40 years?

It's a simple question.

Why is Covid spreading like the plague during this winter when the flu isn't given that transmission happens in the same way? Why do you ignore seasonal spikes in excess death rates every winter when seasonal flu comes around? Transmission is easier to catch than flu as its completely different, I ignore seasonal spikes as they are seasonal and this is not related to seasons and is a yearly thing, so generally I'll not discuss flu in the spring summer autumn months. When its bad at winter, I'll discuss it

You have given an answer to a question that extends beyond any comprehensible level of logic. The factors you have given for the reduction in the level of flu should mean we have very little Covid levels but they are going in opposite directions. Again, if anything has shown us with this covid is that the transmission is far easier than catching flu, I've been around many people that have had the flu, when working as a teacher I'd be in an environment where flus were very common, I've only ever had flu once, I was 18

The lack of seasonal flu this winter lacks any sort of credibility. Do you wish to have the flu as well as the Covid, or is it your idea that they are one of the same? I'm confused with your musing on flu, when we are talking covid

Utterly preposterous logic

How do you know you had flu? Did you return a positive flu test?

The stupidity levels to actually believe seasonal flu has magically disappeared this winter takes the biscuit.

GetOverTheBar

Republic daily rate the highest in the world?

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0111/1188856-ireland-covid-latest/

Where is that fella that loved throwing dirt as us outcast Nordies ?

Angelo

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 11, 2021, 04:53:22 PM
Republic daily rate the highest in the world?

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0111/1188856-ireland-covid-latest/

Where is that fella that loved throwing dirt as us outcast Nordies ?

Notable by his sneery, condescending absence.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on January 11, 2021, 04:48:14 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 11, 2021, 04:43:16 PM

Reasons given:
Less contact

It's a simple question.

Utterly preposterous logic

How do you know you had flu? Did you return a positive flu test?

The stupidity levels to actually believe seasonal flu has magically disappeared this winter takes the biscuit.

I was told by the doctor I'd flu!

Will you tell me why you think flu is less?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I see Conor mortimer's dad passed away with COVID. Seemed to go into hospital with something else by the sound of it. Very sad.

Milltown Row2

Grim watching the news, who'd work as a nurse or doctor in those Covid wards? Nuts

rodney trotter

The variant that was in the UK having big a impact now

sid waddell

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 11, 2021, 05:40:03 PM
I see Conor mortimer's dad passed away with COVID. Seemed to go into hospital with something else by the sound of it. Very sad.
Awful stuff, the poor man, resonates a lot with me due to my own father's circumstances

APM

This Angelo fella is a complete scourge.  You are giving him oxygen.
The best way to call bullshit on this individual is not to reply, it is to stop feeding him. 

Blowitupref

Last 8 days in ROI

Positive swabs 39956
Confirmed cases 50699

Nphet said over a week ago that we had a Christmas backlog of 10,000 to 11,000 to be added in and that is now officially cleared.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

LeoMc

Quote from: APM on January 11, 2021, 07:04:09 PM
This Angelo fella is a complete scourge.  You are giving him oxygen.
The best way to call bullshit on this individual is not to reply, it is to stop feeding him.
The Ignore function is there for a reason.

6th sam

Quote from: sid waddell on January 11, 2021, 06:29:09 PM
Awful stuff, the poor man, resonates a lot with me due to my own father's circumstances

Sorry to hear that Sid. It really resonates when it's so close to home. Keep safe. Very tough times , and regardless of anyone's thoughts on how best to handle this crisis, with the crazy numbers at present, and the apparent quicker spread of new variant, we should be extra cautious until vaccines and spring kicks in. Though Covid is only serious fir a small percentage of those that get it, simple maths dictates that if large numbers get it , a greater number will get unwell and need hospitalised . The fact that large numbers are getting it at the same time due to a combination of winter, Christmas and high numbers to start with, means that more health care staff get it or are isolating . To quote Michelle O'Neill we are now close to the "worst case scenario " feared. There is much debate to be had about covid and how it has been handled but now is not the time for recriminations. The focus must now be  on supporting each other, trying to keep positive but Batten down the hatches, get vaccinated and try to weather what appears to have become "the perfect storm", we all feared.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: 6th sam on January 11, 2021, 07:43:32 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 11, 2021, 06:29:09 PM

Sorry to hear that Sid. It really resonates when it's so close to home. Keep safe. Very tough times , and regardless of anyone's thoughts on how best to handle this crisis, with the crazy numbers at present, and the apparent quicker spread of new variant, we should be extra cautious until vaccines and spring kicks in. Though Covid is only serious fir a small percentage of those that get it, simple maths dictates that if large numbers get it , a greater number will get unwell and need hospitalised . The fact that large numbers are getting it at the same time due to a combination of winter, Christmas and high numbers to start with, means that more health care staff get it or are isolating . To quote Michelle O'Neill we are now close to the "worst case scenario " feared. There is much debate to be had about covid and how it has been handled but now is not the time for recriminations. The focus must now be  on supporting each other, trying to keep positive but Batten down the hatches, get vaccinated and try to weather what appears to have become "the perfect storm", we all feared.

Take care. Last person anyone should be quoting is MON