Laois 2017 - NHL and Leinster SHC

Started by G@@, October 14, 2016, 04:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

He'll be a huge loss particularly the quarter final. Healy is one of the leaders and he really stood up to the plate when we played Kerry in the relegation decider. Can't afford to lose a defender of his quality.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

redsetanta

Willie Dunphy also out of Sundays game. Cahir could be out for a while with a hamstring tear so unlikely to be back for any q/f we'll be in.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Heshs Umpire

So Wexford it is. Think I'd have preferred them to Offaly. Should focus our lads!
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

clonadmad

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on May 14, 2017, 04:45:57 PM
So Wexford it is. Think I'd have preferred them to Offaly. Should focus our lads!

I like that draw.
It's not Offaly again. That's almost no win now. If we lose 2015 becomes a flash in the pan. If we win- ah ye can beat Offaly the odd time when they are poor, but ye can't beat anyone else.

This is a step up on Offaly, but it's not Kilkenny, Dublin or Galway. Or worse, the Munster teams.

Positive championship so far- nothing to lose now, and although we ship the odd hiding from them, we are generally competitive with Wexford.

Got the job done today too, sounded like a good second half from Laois. Well done.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Great scoring stats from Laois this season..

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Keyser Söze on May 14, 2017, 05:37:52 PM
Quote from: Heshs Umpire on May 14, 2017, 04:45:57 PM

I like that draw.
It's not Offaly again. That's almost no win now. If we lose 2015 becomes a flash in the pan. If we win- ah ye can beat Offaly the odd time when they are poor, but ye can't beat anyone else.

This is a step up on Offaly, but it's not Kilkenny, Dublin or Galway. Or worse, the Munster teams.
Exactly my thinking except you explained it better!
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

blueandwhite1

Is that the first time we have won all 3 games in the round robin?

A credit to this very young team with so many injury problems. Hope we can get a few more back before Wexford.

Job done now, hopefully they can play with confidence (and a tight defence...) against Wexford.

redsetanta

The round robin has been great for Laois this year.

The system suits a team who is finding it's feet and the momentum gained should stand to Laois against Wexford. The fact we have them in O'Moore Park is better still. They should bring a big crowd so we need the Laois support and I think they are buying into what the hurlers are doing.

A great result for the players yesterday as they have proved to themselves that they could go down to Kerry and get that win. They didn't needit to qualify so it's more of a statement from the players. The team is producing characters and again to go in behind at half time and come out and hurl their way to the lead in a short period of time shows the intent. They still conceded goals but they recoved and saw out the victory. Paddy Purcell with another goal and King on the money from placed balls. We just needto try and stop conceding goals at the other end.

Wexford will be a great test for these lads and hopefully there is a good Laois crowd there and the weather is good.

blueandwhite1

When is the Wexford game? Some reports suggesting both quarter finals are on 27th, while some suggesting that the Laois match is on the 28th?

I wonder how our injury list will be by then. Sounds like Ben Conroy is gone for the year according to Jack Nolan.

Cahir Healy, Willie Dunphy, Cian Taylor, Podge Lawlor and a fit Ryan Mullaney would be nice to have back.

redsetanta

Looking at the table there, Westmeath had the best defensive record and conceded the least goals by a long shot. only 1 goal in 3 games compared to ourselves conceding 7! Both Kerry and Meath scored more than Westmeath but thanks to their defense they qualified. We do need to address the concession of goals though because the step up in standard means we won't be scoring as much.

redsetanta

Anywhere i've looked it's down for Sunday 28th.

What happened to Conroy?

CruiseCigar

fair play to Laois against Kerry, after giving away to quick goals just on half time , that is an issue, but the came back with good resolve at start of 2nd. now a home game against wexford, interesting
Laoise abú

Clubber Lang

Westmeath have possibly the best full back in the country-one of main reasons they concede so few goals. Those injuries are worrying for Laois. We really need our strongest team out to be competitive against Wexford.

redsetanta