Row in Mayo LGFA

Started by Seany, July 11, 2018, 08:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrdub

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 10, 2018, 12:57:01 PM
Looks like this fiasco has came to the most likely conclusion. I doubt the Mayo LGFA County Board ever thought they could hold onto the bans. Appealing it just prolonged the inconvenience for Carnacon. Players will think again about jumping ship from a Mayo Ladies team or trying to control its running's. A clear message of zero tolerance has been sent out. For those who have controlled it there will more than likely be no return. In the process they may have dragged a few innocent by-standers into the same situation.

You might also find that next year the county team could be short a few of its regular starters though

From the Bunker

Quote from: Tyrdub on October 10, 2018, 01:04:47 PM
Looks like this fiasco has came to the most likely conclusion. I doubt the Mayo LGFA County Board ever thought they could hold onto the bans. Appealing it just prolonged the inconvenience for Carnacon. Players will think again about jumping ship from a Mayo Ladies team or trying to control its running's. A clear message of zero tolerance has been sent out. For those who have controlled it there will more than likely be no return. In the process they may have dragged a few innocent by-standers into the same situation.

You might also find that next year the county team could be short a few of its regular starters though

Thems the casualties of war!

dublin7

Based on their actions that's probably a good thing! Better to have a committed panel all working together rather than a few players trying to call the shots as if they were in charge

dublin7

Quote from: hardstation on October 10, 2018, 10:54:51 AM
It's just blatant begrudgery.
They ought to be ashamed of themselves. Let's hope LGFA at national level tell them to wind their necks in and to focus on winning championships on the field rather than trying to get the best team turfed out.
]
You could and probably should apply that quote to the players who quit the panel and put out dangerous comments to the media regarding the manager

johnnycool

Quote from: hardstation on October 10, 2018, 02:52:49 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on October 10, 2018, 01:37:51 PM

Thems the casualties of war!
It would be if the club delegates' war was to get some control of the county set up. It wasn't. Their war was to stop Carnacon winning another Mayo championship. No more, no less.

I don't think it started out that way but once Carnacon pulled their players for dubious reasons that they yet haven't really elaborated on it certainly looks like the Mayo Ladies CB were going to put manners on them for the right and wrong of it.

No one, Carnacon, Mayo Ladies CB come out of this with any grace.

befair

Might be even harder to find people to serve on the county board; no money, no gratitude, but expectations+++

Halfquarter

The provocative act by the Mayo LGFA of banning Carnacon for a year, has badly backfired on them in my opinion. They have been knocked back at every turn. I don't know how you can see any positive side to it.
They really made fools of themselves , where do they go from here , who would trust them now to make a rational decision ?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Halfquarter on October 10, 2018, 05:40:15 PM

The provocative act by the Mayo LGFA of banning Carnacon for a year, has badly backfired on them in my opinion. They have been knocked back at every turn. I don't know how you can see any positive side to it.
They really made fools of themselves , where do they go from here , who would trust them now to make a rational decision ?

I disagree! Do you think Carnacon (or any other club) will try that stunt again next year? Do you think that the Mayo LGFA County Board have set the tone for the future?

For 8 players from one club to walk away from the county squad a few days before a Championship match can not be condoned.

Carnacon thought they could bully this situation but got a bucket load of their own medicine.

By the way what has happened to Coras Book?

From the Bunker

Quote from: hardstation on October 10, 2018, 07:34:15 PM
Why can't they walk away again? Of course they can. Football is not compulsory.

Because they more than likely won't be there to walk away!

You can't walk away again from something if you are no longer part of it!

Simple!

dublin7

Quote from: hardstation on October 10, 2018, 08:35:52 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on October 10, 2018, 07:45:22 PM

Because they more than likely won't be there to walk away!

You can't walk away again from something if you are no longer part of it!

Simple!
"Do you think Carnacon (or any other club) will try this stunt again?"

Apologies for not realising you were talking about these 8 players.  ::)

Any player can walk away if they want. If anything, this episode will make players smarter in how they go about it.

I also imagine you'll see at least some of the 8 in a Mayo jersey again.
You probably will see some of them play for Mayo again. Hopefully they learned some humility and that the manager runs the team, not them.

trueblue1234

To be fair, They walked away hoping that they would bring the whole thing tumbling down and that the county board would run after them to try and keep them in the squad rather than risk losing them. They felt they had the power to do this. I still think the Manager has done the right thing in standing up to them in the long run and that the players needed their wings clipped. That's happened now, and I think it will stand to Mayo in the long run.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Tubberman

Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 11, 2018, 08:55:32 AM

To be fair, They walked away hoping that they would bring the whole thing tumbling down and that the county board would run after them to try and keep them in the squad rather than risk losing them. They felt they had the power to do this. I still think the Manager has done the right thing in standing up to them in the long run and that the players needed their wings clipped. That's happened now, and I think it will stand to Mayo in the long run.

That's a fair enough view, but this appealing and counter-appealing is just vindictive, petty and reflects very poorly on the Mayo LGFA in particular.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

trueblue1234

Quote from: Tubberman on October 11, 2018, 09:15:30 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 11, 2018, 08:55:32 AM

That's a fair enough view, but this appealing and counter-appealing is just vindictive, petty and reflects very poorly on the Mayo LGFA in particular.

Yeah the bans were a different matter.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

rosnarun

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 10, 2018, 07:32:30 PM
Quote from: Halfquarter on October 10, 2018, 05:40:15 PM

I disagree! Do you think Carnacon (or any other club) will try that stunt again next year? Do you think that the Mayo LGFA County Board have set the tone for the future?

For 8 players from one club to walk away from the county squad a few days before a Championship match can not be condoned.

Carnacon thought they could bully this situation but got a bucket load of their own medicine.

By the way what has happened to Coras Book?

Id reckon Extra chapter are being furiously written.
evt sports Bio needs a hard done by/Crisis element

Would It be too cynical to think .....
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Lar Naparka

What I find odd, to say the least, is the fact that Cora & Co. have not elaborated on their reasons for walking away. What they said was loaded with sexual innuendo but they haven't bothered explaining what they meant and neither has the LGFA county board or the manager.
If I was the manager, I wouldn't let such accusations pass unchallenged. The county board and other club delegates obviously know more of what the real story is and voted overwhelmingly to turf Caranacon out of competition of all grades, only to have the ban rescinded by the National Appeals Committee.
There is no way imaginable that the members of this committee didn't not have full possession of the relevant facts. They had to be fully aware of the rumours and counter rumours that were circulating and yet did nothing to indicate why they took a far less critical approach when the players' reasons for walking  out were discussed.

You could wreck your head trying to figure that one out.

I mean to cap it all, the committee must have had a lot of sympathy for the players who buggered off and should have taken action to investigate the seriousness of their allegations.
So the players were concerned about their personal welfare but the county board apparently rejected their claims only for the appeals committee to disagree with the board.
If all this wasn't complicated enough, the manager hasn't made a move of any sort to either clear his name or else accept the players had a grievance.  He's biding his time also. It's as if there is is a big crock of shite ready to hit the fan.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi