Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brick Tamlin

downjim

Have a big of respect, Bredagh and Liatroim could be a cracker

Hedgehunter

I've heard of 48weeks 96weeks and lifetime bans been handed out..

banker

Quote from: Taylor on October 17, 2018, 10:00:29 AM
Quote from: banker on October 17, 2018, 09:50:21 AM
Quote from: forevergreen on October 17, 2018, 09:39:46 AM
Not what i meant APM, but reality is there was a mindset to settle scores from the previous game long before the ball was thrown in. Had there been suspensions from 1st game and appropriate warnings then do you think any players woyld have left the field. Not likely.

The game in Kilcoo there was not a bad tackle in it. This started between grown men behind the fence - which then the players got involved which they should not of.

So your Da is getting hit and you would stand and watch?

Agree shouldnt have happened but how many men would stand by and watch their father get hit?

Absolutely agree. I could not stand and watch my father being hit. But you would still expect a punishment. It is not as if his father was hit for no reason.

Targetman

Quote from: downjim on October 17, 2018, 11:07:16 AM
Big game Sunday, what's the verdict??
Bredagh 4/9, Liatroim 9/4, thats a great price for Liatroim, I think this will be a close one

bigarsedkeeper

Just listening to the wooly podcast and they talked about the ban handed out up here. They read out that all senior teams have been suspended - does that mean they're out of reserve championship too or a complete ban next year as in league and all? Haven't seen anything official yet.

befair

Final series of league games this week; not sure about how the final standings are worked out. Castlewellan + Downpatrick have handy games against the Kingdom + Bryansford, who have nothing to play for, so should run up big scores. Ballyholland  and Rostrevor is the one interesting game; if Rostrevor are safe via head-to-heads, Ballyholland could take this one; the team that needs the win usually gets the win.

outinfront

Will playoffs be next week then?

Smurfy123

I would say do. Hearing trials for Down happening. 4 CPN lads about time

Leftmidfield

Who are the 4 Point lads Smurfy ?

Smurfy123

Not sure. But there is definitely 4 going to the trials. Whilst I agree we are not the finished article I think a few lads deserve a go. And without time

downjim

They the players who near beat Kilcoo lol

Petergriffin1

Now that seniors is over, who do people fancy for the under 21's championship?

elk

Quote from: downjim on October 19, 2018, 12:25:07 PM
They the players who near beat Kilcoo lol
Should be a good representation from the club that did beat kilcoo

Smurfy123