Muineacháin v Dún na nGall - déja vu all over again 26/6

Started by babarino, June 12, 2016, 04:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babarino

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 04, 2016, 02:51:31 PM
Do you Monaghan lads think Donegal stepped it up a level or did ye fall back a step?...

I think Donegal have gone up a level in many aspects of their play. Monaghan likewise are better than last year but as has been pointed out, we were a too rigid in our tactical approach to the game. Not for the first time you could say. Tyrone should present more of a challenge to them in the final. Very hard one to call.

J70

Even last year though, there was nothing between Monaghan and Donegal, when less than the width of the post prevented the Ulster Final going to a replay with the last kick of the game. And dominant as we were in the replay, we were still sloppy enough to allow Monaghan a couple of goals, and Lacey's mistake could have cost another with the one that dropped onto the bar. I wouldn't be writing off Monaghan or reckoning they've regressed based on those games, no more than I would be erecting us as serious challengers in the AI series, at least at this stage. Monaghan and Donegal are very evenly matched at the moment. Tyrone are the great unknown!