Muineacháin v Dún na nGall - déja vu all over again 26/6

Started by babarino, June 12, 2016, 04:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

McManus last free just made it inside the post, but they all count. Class act and probably the best player in Ireland

seafoid

So 2 drawn semi's in Ulster and a big gap between the 4 and the rest with an honourable mention for Fermanagh

ck

Quote from: BluestackBoy on June 26, 2016, 10:21:54 AM
Quote from: ck on June 26, 2016, 09:01:44 AM
Quote from: lenny on June 26, 2016, 08:42:50 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 25, 2016, 10:56:41 PM
Just saw the keeper's dive.
Hope he's humiliated on the Sunday Game tomorrow night.

Disgusting behaviour. I'd give his dive 8.5 on the tiernan mccann scale (with mccanns being a 10). The lad should be totally ashamed and Donegal people should feel ashamed by association. The problem is people like rory gallagher are probably patting him on the back and defending him instead of giving him the bollocking he deserves.

It's up there with McCann IMO. I hope he gets suspended. This type of playacting flies in the face of the games values so it should not be ignored.
I watched the game last night with two young impressionable teenagers. Even they commented how many times the Donegal doctor was on the pitch (every chance he could get) claiming his players had head injuries. This is an out and out cynical tactic by Rory Gallagher to slow the game down.

I have no faith that the GAA will punish Donegal for this as they'll just blame the referees report. I do hope TSG will highlight it however and expose Donegal for what they are.
Donegal are presently the most cynical team in Ireland IMO

Haha, good man ck.

Impressionable teenagers indeed.

You can sneer all you want but young players do what they see county players doing on live TV.  Your goalie was an embarresment last night and the overall cynicism within your team and back room team is shameful.

redzone

I see donegal are taking the McGee ban to the central appeals committee. Unbelievable

BluestackBoy

Quote from: ck on June 26, 2016, 08:15:12 PM
Quote from: BluestackBoy on June 26, 2016, 10:21:54 AM
Quote from: ck on June 26, 2016, 09:01:44 AM
Quote from: lenny on June 26, 2016, 08:42:50 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 25, 2016, 10:56:41 PM
Just saw the keeper's dive.
Hope he's humiliated on the Sunday Game tomorrow night.

Disgusting behaviour. I'd give his dive 8.5 on the tiernan mccann scale (with mccanns being a 10). The lad should be totally ashamed and Donegal people should feel ashamed by association. The problem is people like rory gallagher are probably patting him on the back and defending him instead of giving him the bollocking he deserves.

It's up there with McCann IMO. I hope he gets suspended. This type of playacting flies in the face of the games values so it should not be ignored.
I watched the game last night with two young impressionable teenagers. Even they commented how many times the Donegal doctor was on the pitch (every chance he could get) claiming his players had head injuries. This is an out and out cynical tactic by Rory Gallagher to slow the game down.

I have no faith that the GAA will punish Donegal for this as they'll just blame the referees report. I do hope TSG will highlight it however and expose Donegal for what they are.
Donegal are presently the most cynical team in Ireland IMO

Haha, good man ck.

Impressionable teenagers indeed.

You can sneer all you want but young players do what they see county players doing on live TV.  Your goalie was an embarresment last night and the overall cynicism within your team and back room team is shameful.

If your teenagers copy what players do on tv then maybe you should look to your parenting skills or maybe send them to their rooms when those dreadful Donegal footballers are on.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Throw ball

Enjoyable game played at terrific pace. Seems Ulster have 4 decent teams. After watching today's matches Leinster have only one.

On a sour note Donegal's antics do them no favours.

smelmoth

Quote from: Throw ball on June 26, 2016, 10:29:39 PM
Enjoyable game played at terrific pace. Seems Ulster have 4 decent teams. After watching today's matches Leinster have only one.

On a sour note Donegal's antics do them no favours.

Agreed. Whilst the pundits called this on on TSG I think they didn't go far enough. Some of the antic are a disgrace and not worthy of a county jersey and the offending players should be called out and embarrassed.

babarino

On the positive thought we were that bit sharper for most of the game. Attitude was spot on, we weren't going to take a beaten. We've added pace to midfield, winning more primary possession and there's a better spread of scorers.

On the negative side the pace and angle of the some of the Donegal runners definitely caused problems. Not always legal but very effective and not many would be able to handle it.

We're both asking each other questions neither of us were asking last year.

Generally a good game played in the right spirit. The time wasting was identified by Darren Hughes who made it known and the ref duly added the time. Won't always happen but let's leave it at that.

Fintan Kelly, Owen Duffy and Kieran Duffy put in particularly good shifts for Monaghan.

Fuzzman

Donegal have made some transformation from their days of being a naive attractive team to watch to what they are today.
They seem to be leading the way tactically with how they play the game now from the angles they create to how they make space.
Goal chances are hard to come by against the well organised teams these days but Donegal often seem to use a man to block off a run so someone can get through into a scoring position. I wonder is McGuinness still involved at some level with Gallagher.

Was interesting TSG panel acknowledged the cynical stuff last night but played it down as it provided such a tight exciting game.

mrdeeds

Quote from: J70 on June 26, 2016, 01:57:29 AM
Quote from: oakleafgael on June 26, 2016, 12:43:27 AM
Quote from: J70 on June 25, 2016, 08:47:01 PM
Quote from: oakleafgael on June 25, 2016, 08:35:30 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 25, 2016, 08:34:34 PM
No doubt there will be post after post about the level of cynicism in this game.

Disgusting from the keeper there.

How do you know?

The Monaghan player pushed the ball into his face. You never got a clip on the end of the nose?

J70 your one of the more level headed posters here but stop trying to defend the indefensible.

Fair enough. (Not that I wasn't genuine with my reservations, but clearly I'm in a tiny minority)

Strange having a referee involved from team in other semi final plus the fact that one of Joe's umpires is a Monagahan man.

upmonaghansayswe

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 27, 2016, 01:03:23 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 26, 2016, 01:57:29 AM
Quote from: oakleafgael on June 26, 2016, 12:43:27 AM
Quote from: J70 on June 25, 2016, 08:47:01 PM
Quote from: oakleafgael on June 25, 2016, 08:35:30 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 25, 2016, 08:34:34 PM
No doubt there will be post after post about the level of cynicism in this game.

Disgusting from the keeper there.

How do you know?

The Monaghan player pushed the ball into his face. You never got a clip on the end of the nose?

J70 your one of the more level headed posters here but stop trying to defend the indefensible.

Fair enough. (Not that I wasn't genuine with my reservations, but clearly I'm in a tiny minority)

Strange having a referee involved from team in other semi final plus the fact that one of Joe's umpires is a Monagahan man.

Joe wasn't down to referee it. Branagan from Down was supposed to.

the goal was on

yeah fuzzman donegal have some nice new strategies with the angled runs etc. The one I like the most though is the third man tackle by donegal defenders to opposition defenders to try take get their forwards free may be the best one yet. It could get messy though if and it will catch on. Dublin are using screening but donegals looks more like physical interference.

J70

Christ, you'd swear no team had ever got away with a foul in the build-up to a score before!

In other news, Longford at home for the losers.

Main Street

It never dawned on me to check up on who the loser will get.
;D