Westminster Election 12th December 2019

Started by Ambrose, October 29, 2019, 02:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smelmoth

Quote from: HiMucker on December 11, 2019, 09:07:06 PM
Quote from: screenexile on December 11, 2019, 08:12:48 PM
PS. If Keir Starmer is leading that election Labour win by a landslide!!
I just don't buy that. Around half the UK want Brexit to happen. Those people are not going to vote for a party that doesn't endorse brexit, no matter how charismatic the party leader is. This is a single issue election for the vast majority of UK voters.

I ask this question time and time again. Nobody here answers it or defends their own point.

Posters are quite prepared to say a different Labour leader would clean up but either fail to name the alternative leader or give a name that won't wash in the Leave north.

smelmoth

Quote from: Kidder81 on December 11, 2019, 09:12:28 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on December 11, 2019, 09:07:06 PM
Quote from: screenexile on December 11, 2019, 08:12:48 PM
PS. If Keir Starmer is leading that election Labour win by a landslide!!
I just don't buy that. Around half the UK want Brexit to happen. Those people are not going to vote for a party that doesn't endorse brexit, no matter how charismatic the party leader is. This is a single issue election for the vast majority of UK voters.

The problem for Labour is they have went to the hard left under Corbyn/McDonnell, people left of centre who have been Labour all their lives are told to f**k off to the Tories if any dissent was raised about the direction of the party and Labour expect those people to hold their nose and still vote Labour ?

Hard left? We have "centre-right" parties and coalitions in major economies with higher levels of taxation and public ownership. What sort of benchmarking have you done on this "hard left" measure?

Who was told to "f**k off to the Tories? By whom? And when? Or have you made this up??

Who has been expelled for dissent? Anybody??

Your post reads like the outpouring of a deranged mind thats only talent is to regurgitate on demand bile it absorbs from partial media. I could be wrong

smelmoth

Quote from: Ambrose on December 11, 2019, 10:18:34 PM
How do we see things going in the six counties tomorrow?

I think the SDLP will retake Foyle, they should comfortably take south Belfast. I'm hoping SF take north Belfast, but it will be tight. Can't see any other upsets. Naomi Long has too much ground to make up on the DUPUDA in east Belfast. The DUP will take north Down.

Could Boris be in trouble in his 'home' constituency of Uxbridge?

Only a very coordinated tactical voting programme could unseat Boris. Possible but unlikely

johnnycool

Boris will be glad this election is over one way or another as that poor sod has spent so much time in factories and warehouses they were starting to offer him zero hours contracts...

Maroon Manc

The Tories have drifted on betfair from 1.39 to 1.51 in the last half hour

seafoid

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/12/11/last-chance-save-brexit-even-democracy/

"To listen to Labour is to imagine we live in a dirt-poor, intolerant country run by a plutocracy intent on doing down the masses and closing the NHS."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

mouview

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 12, 2019, 09:49:58 AM

Whas dat mean?

TheOptimist

Quote from: smelmoth on December 12, 2019, 09:28:52 AM
Quote from: TheOptimist on December 12, 2019, 09:26:29 AM
I see the Alliance and Lucid Talk had a public spat last night!

I'm in Foyle and am still undecided. The only way I would want Eastwood in is if it is a hung parliament that SDLP may play some small influence in, but it would pain me to lend him my vote, especially if the conservatives win a majority!

What bad thing would he do with your vote?

He might not deliver on what he has promised. It could all be over at 10 o'clock tonight if the tories get a majority, yet he will be sitting on a comfy salary plus expenses for 5 years not delivering what he has promised. A strong Sinn Fein vote working outside Westminister could be more effective than SDLP and irrelevant votes in Westminister.

Smokin Joe

For what?  Tory Majority?

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: seafoid on December 12, 2019, 10:27:08 AM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/12/11/last-chance-save-brexit-even-democracy/

"To listen to Labour is to imagine we live in a dirt-poor, intolerant country run by a plutocracy intent on doing down the masses and closing the NHS."
they don't do irony then?

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: TheOptimist on December 12, 2019, 10:32:41 AM

I'm in Foyle and am still undecided. The only way I would want Eastwood in is if it is a hung parliament that SDLP may play some small influence in, but it would pain me to lend him my vote, especially if the conservatives win a majority!

He might not deliver on what he has promised. It could all be over at 10 o'clock tonight if the tories get a majority, yet he will be sitting on a comfy salary plus expenses for 5 years not delivering what he has promised. A strong Sinn Fein vote working outside Westminister could be more effective than SDLP and irrelevant votes in Westminister.
a sinn fein vote, is a wasted vote for Westminster

TheOptimist

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on December 12, 2019, 11:00:09 AM

Not sure I agree. And for all the SDLP years in Westminister, Derry is still an economic backwater!

magpie seanie

Quote from: TheOptimist on December 12, 2019, 11:15:34 AM

Not sure I agree. And for all the SDLP years in Westminister, Derry is still an economic backwater!

What a false equivalence if there was ever on! I'm pretty sure the SDLP are well down the list of people to blame for Derry's woes. There are many major reasons that had SFA to do with the SDLP and everyone knows it. It could be argued things would be worse but for them.

Honestly, if you're against Brexit, voting SF in a Westminster election is pointless if there's another nationalist remain option with a better chance of taking the seat. Unionists rarely make tactical voting errors like nationalist do.

TheOptimist

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 12, 2019, 11:48:54 AM
Quote from: TheOptimist on December 12, 2019, 11:15:34 AM

What a false equivalence if there was ever on! I'm pretty sure the SDLP are well down the list of people to blame for Derry's woes. There are many major reasons that had SFA to do with the SDLP and everyone knows it. It could be argued things would be worse but for them.

Honestly, if you're against Brexit, voting SF in a Westminster election is pointless if there's another nationalist remain option with a better chance of taking the seat. Unionists rarely make tactical voting errors like nationalist do.

I don't doubt it, but it is not the way it is painted listening to Colum who wants me to vote for him so he can "stop Boris and stop brexit". SDLP are all over the place and have been for a long time, they don't know where they stand on a number of issues and are running this campaign aimed at voters like me based on the single promise they can make a big difference by taking their seat. I know there is a slim possibility this may be the case but other than that I wouldn't be considering them.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Smokin Joe on December 12, 2019, 10:51:43 AM

For what?  Tory Majority?

Yes, back into 1.34 though.