The Official 2016 Irish General Election thread

Started by deiseach, February 03, 2016, 11:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

I thought it might be nice to have a non-pejorative thread title for the subject. And away we go.

AZOffaly

Billys Boots

Is there not a (non-pejorative) thread already? I thought Declan set one up?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Billys Boots

I tell a lie - Declan and AZ both set up threads.  I guess Tony felt he had to follow suit.

AQMP

The only thing I can say is that the Shinners won't do as well as the polls predict...they never do!

seafoid

FF have promised to restore Man Utd to their f**king perch post election in a clearly populist move

Declan

Didn't we haver a forecast competition previously as well? Might be worth doing one again

Billys Boots

Quote from: Declan on February 03, 2016, 01:45:29 PM
Didn't we haver a forecast competition previously as well? Might be worth doing one again

It would make it infinitely more interesting.  I am officially turning off all newsfeeds for 28 days, as of now. 

AZOffaly

I was driving back to the office after going down to the shop, and there were a pile of lads destroying the place with posters of Michael Noonan. I mean, Jaysus, who needs to see a poster of the Minister for Finance to decide whether to vote for him or not? It's ridiculous shite.

I can see, somewhat, the merit in a new candidate getting their face out there, but a fecking lifer in the Dail, with the top brief outside the Taoiseach? come off it.

Denn Forever

Quote from: Billys Boots on February 03, 2016, 02:05:35 PM
Quote from: Declan on February 03, 2016, 01:45:29 PM

It would make it infinitely more interesting.  I am officially turning off all newsfeeds for 28 days, as of now.
[/quote

No no relying on family menbers to give you any hints.  Youcan only find out thinggs from thid thead.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

foxcommander

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

T Fearon

How is it an Irish general election when it is confined to the free state?

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on February 03, 2016, 06:34:24 PM

All of the Free State is in Ireland.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on February 03, 2016, 06:34:24 PM
Very good point.