Should Tyrone speak to RTE

Started by CD, August 20, 2018, 11:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 02, 2018, 09:46:50 PM
Nothing new with Tyrone. Sledging is part of the game but references to people's personal lives and things like the death of a father or another loved one or sectarian abuse are over the line of acceptable sledging. Mickey Harte may not condone it but he certainly never condemns it. For someone who has been through so much personally I would question his a la Carte Christian views on what is acceptable and what isn't.

Bit like the al la carte views on what consitutes rape in in the Ulster trial threads..

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: hardstation on September 02, 2018, 08:59:56 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 02, 2018, 08:29:46 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 02, 2018, 08:11:37 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 02, 2018, 06:49:03 PM
I absolutely hope they do
I think you're stretching it to suggest from that statement a lot of the things you have insinuated, but carry on.
If you absolutely hope they release a statement saying they received verbal abuse against Tyrone, it is not a stretch at all to say that you absolutely hope that the verbal abuse did happen and that the culprits get called out for it. Indeed, it is perfectly logical.
Unless you have some issue with the Wylies, it would be logical to suggest that the only reason you absolutely hope this is because it will shine a negative light on a Tyrone team that we know you dislike, going by your previous posts.
All perfectly logical for me.

And you, of course.
I did hear a rumour about sectarian comments made to the Wylies during the match and was aware of Drew's refusal to shake hands so I'm glad that if it is the case they're going to make it public. Nothing wrong with that is there
Careful now

Dougal Maguire

I never said that. I said that I'm glad that if it is the case then they're going to make it public. You really need to stop allowing your Tyrone bias to try and distort what I'm saying
Careful now

Tony Baloney

The RTE pundits (imo pointedly) kept reiterating how the Dubs should be applauded for their conduct on and off the pitch and what great role models they are. Not something you ever hear about Tyrone. Brolly is bound to know the inside line on these stories.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: hardstation on September 02, 2018, 10:02:29 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 02, 2018, 10:00:26 PM
I never said that. I said that I'm glad that if it is the case then they're going to make it public. You really need to stop allowing your Tyrone bias to try and distort what I'm saying
Your original comment never mentioned "if it is the case". That's where the problem arises.
Ok. So are you happier now
Careful now

Dougal Maguire

Careful now

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 02, 2018, 10:03:49 PM
The RTE pundits (imo pointedly) kept reiterating how the Dubs should be applauded for their conduct on and off the pitch and what great role models they are. Not something you ever hear about Tyrone. Brolly is bound to know the inside line on these stories.

FFS! That you would take Brolly as a neutral arbiter in anything tells me all I need to know regarding your quest for justice.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

imtommygunn

But james mccarthy text messaged him...

(In another name dropping story that no one gave a crap about but brolly wanted to blow his own trumpet because he had "mates" on the dublin team)

bennydorano

Quote from: Syferus on September 02, 2018, 09:50:35 PM
Nothing new with Tyrone. Sledging is part of the game but references to people's personal lives and things like the death of a father or another loved one or sectarian abuse are over the line of acceptable sledging. Mickey Harte may not condone it but he certainly never condemns it. For someone who has been through so much personally I would question his a la Carte Christian views on what is acceptable and what isn't.

Bit like the al la carte views on what consitutes rape in in the Ulster trial threads..

https://www.facebook.com/28373121592/posts/10155825141921593/

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on September 02, 2018, 10:38:17 PM

And stay down!

Over the Bar

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 02, 2018, 10:10:16 PM
Good stuff

The c**k that hangs from your forehead is in danger of entering your mouth it seems....?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 02, 2018, 10:55:13 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 02, 2018, 10:38:17 PM

And stay down!

Good stuff Benny!!!

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Over the Bar on September 02, 2018, 11:10:47 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 02, 2018, 10:10:16 PM
Good stuff

The c**k that hangs from your forehead is in danger of entering your mouth it seems....?
Classy stuff from a man who has been making an arse of his mouth for ages
Careful now

Hound

Quote from: hardstation on September 02, 2018, 09:51:12 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on September 02, 2018, 09:42:39 PM
Can't say I'm surprised to hear.. Sure these players were part of the u21 team that played Tipperary and wrote the names and numbers of Tip players girlfriends on there arms.. No class
This was supposed to be Conor Gormley on Alan Brogan.

Getting more Urban Mythy.
Do people even know other people's mobile phone numbers?
I know Tipp were very upset with some opposition antics after it, but don't know what it was.

Only this week Brogan was on some preview show and said that Gormley never sledged him, nor Ricey. But that it was Gormley who was mostly marking him, and of course he got plenty of physical stuff but nothing out of bounds. He said Ricey probably did sledge some Dubs, but that the only bad sledging he got from Tyrone was from the physio/doctor in the Battle of Omagh!

Mourne Red

Quote from: Hound on September 04, 2018, 01:58:44 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 02, 2018, 09:51:12 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on September 02, 2018, 09:42:39 PM
Can't say I'm surprised to hear.. Sure these players were part of the u21 team that played Tipperary and wrote the names and numbers of Tip players girlfriends on there arms.. No class
This was supposed to be Conor Gormley on Alan Brogan.

Getting more Urban Mythy.
Do people even know other people's mobile phone numbers?
I know Tipp were very upset with some opposition antics after it, but don't know what it was.

Only this week Brogan was on some preview show and said that Gormley never sledged him, nor Ricey. But that it was Gormley who was mostly marking him, and of course he got plenty of physical stuff but nothing out of bounds. He said Ricey probably did sledge some Dubs, but that the only bad sledging he got from Tyrone was from the physio/doctor in the Battle of Omagh!

Nope was Tyrone u21s was the talk of our uni Gaelic team at the time as we had a few players who were friendly with Tipp ones and this is what they were at.