Quote from: Rodman on July 09, 2014, 01:56:12 PM
Quote from: Zip Code on July 08, 2014, 11:57:42 PM
Quote from: Rodman on July 08, 2014, 11:46:23 PM
Quote from: Zip Code on July 08, 2014, 09:55:28 AM
Quote from: Rodman on July 07, 2014, 09:50:01 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 07, 2014, 09:29:47 PM
Quote from: Zip Code on July 07, 2014, 08:51:54 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 07, 2014, 04:51:52 PM
It's only now I can appreciate the Armagh games. Hated them at the time.

Hard to think which one was the most enjoyable. Maybe the McKenna Cup game in Casement when 90'000 turned up on a snowy January day.

Best memory - the '05 semi.
Worst memory - the '02 replay defeat

The '05 Ulster final defeat didn't bother me that much as you still thought Tyrone could win the AI.

Other memories - the Mugsy goal after about 10 seconds in '01. The NFL game in 2003 in Omagh. The drawn final in '05 when O'Neill tormented Bellew but the cuteness of McConville and McDonnell kept Armagh in it.

I think this is the 250th time you have said that on here since 2005 - my best memory was the 2002.  I always thought it was sweet especially the teams we beat to win the All-Ireland but as this message board grew and some of the bitter wee men from Tyrone signed up with the invention of football in 2003, it has become all the more sweeter as they really do resent, no matter what they say, that we won it before them.  It is great that it hurts them that much, yeah yeah 3 All-Irelands, cheated Armagh in 2003 and continue to ply your cheating trade, the whole country now sees you for what you are, now dry them.  ;D

I'd much prefer three all Ireland's to one.

And I think it will remain at 1 for a very very long time. I doubt any of us here will ever see Armagh lift Sam again but we see Tyrone lift it plenty of times.  Armagh are gone and they ain't coming back anytime soon while Tyrone will always be there or thereabouts.

What a completely stupid statement.

Whats stupid about it - Do you think Armagh will win another All-Ireland in the next decade or so? No chance. Will Tyrone - probably.

That is some crystal ball you have - so your age - 12? 13?

so I'm not allowed to give a prediction without someone pulling out the old tried and tested yet totally un-original response of " what age or you 12 or 13"  - grow up. 

Still waiting to hear what it so stupid about predicting that Armagh won't win a Senior All-Ireland in the next decade - is it because I used "decade" - should I change that to century.

How can anyone say with any degree of accuracy that Armagh Down Tyrone Derry or any of those sides won't win an All Ireland within 10 years. You would need a crystal ball and be able to work out the relative worth of players aged 9 to 15 and predict their development.
Good luck with that.
Teams can win all irelands from some very unpromising positions. Where were Donegal in the 2/3 years before they won in 2012 for example ?

delgany

Armagh , donegal, derry all putting serious work into their development teams. Armagh "orchard acdamey " is being overseen by paul mc grane. Their U 16 team is a big physical team . Donegal have a CHF O' Donnell; who is a unbelievably talented football. Derry U16s unbeaten ! This is were the future is!

Fuzzman

Seriously lads. It's the Wed before the game.
Can we concentrate on the game now.

Who are Armagh hoping for big games from?

Zip Code

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 09, 2014, 02:39:34 PM

Does it matter sure Mickey will put out a benny team, or maybe he might afford Armagh some respect and start one regular.  ::)

ardchieftain

Hopefully management will learn lessons from the last day, albeit tyrone play a different style. Donaghy as sweeper didn't work, neither did Toner at midfield. I'd start Findon and Harold in the middle. A case can be made for Grugan to start as his vision is excellent. There's loads of talk on the Armagh forum about McEvoy being dropped but it won't happen. It was a huge mistake not giving any other goalkeepers some game time during the league, hopefully it won't come back to bite us on the arse.

McEvoy
A. mallon         B. Donaghy    J.Morgan
M.Shields         C. McKeever   A. kernan [ depending how fir he is]

A. Findon     S. Harold

R. Grugan       K. Dyas         T.Kernan
?                    S.Campbell     J. Clarke

S. Forker or Carragher for the vacant spot

Fuzzman

You think we're joking ZipCode. We're totally lost by Mickey's choices this year.
Don't be surprised if Stevie's in goals and Morgan is midfield.

The Bearded One

Anyone want to hazard a guess at a team??
It is what it is. Presumably.

sensethetone

morgan, r mckenna, r mcnamee, a mccrory, r mcnabb, m donnelly, c mcginley, c cavanagh, s cavanagh, e mckenna, s mc guigian, m donnelly, d mccurry, s oneill, c mc aliskey.

WT4E

I'll have a stab - not my 15 but something I think he may go with:
Morgan
McCrory
Justy Mc
Carlin
McNabb
Mattie D
Gormley
Cavanagh x 2
Joey Mc
S McGuigan
McGinley
McCurry
SON
McAliskey

Would like to see R ONeill and Coney on but just can't see Harte wanting to pick them now

BennyHarp

For what it's worth, I'd go with,
Morgan
McCrory
Justy
McNamee
McNabb
Block
McGinley
Cavanagh
Cavanagh
Joe
Coney
Mark D
McCurry
Matty D
McAliskey

Though we will probably see;
Morgan
McCrory
McNamee
Dermy
McNabb
Matty D
McCann
Cavanagh
Cavanagh
E McKenna
Shea
McGinley
McCurry
SON
Penrose
That was never a square ball!!

you take er!

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 09, 2014, 02:39:34 PM

We would need a big game from everyone! But personally i would like to see Stephen Harold deliver at midfield (if given the chance) and forwards like grugan and s. forker also step up to the scoring plate. If Armagh are to improve then these guys, esp the forwards, need to 'arrive'

drici

Under 21 Hurling Championship match between Tyrone and Armagh was postponed the night and is now on on Sunday before the Football.

Fuzzman

How come his are all picking Carlin this time?
Surely Justy and McNamee are first choice now.
I think Mickey has finally lost patience with DC.
Marking Jamie will be a big task and you'd expect an extra man back there again.
I'd say he'll hold Block and Stevie till half time in this one.
I fancy Coney to get CHF with Shay dropping out

Orior

Quote from: drici on July 09, 2014, 09:15:13 PM
Under 21 Hurling Championship match between Tyrone and Armagh was postponed the night and is now on on Sunday before the Football.

Will Armagh be giving Tyrone a 10 point handicap start?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians