Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

He could have been good enough all right. The big disappointment was pascal . Errigal probably could feel vexed they didn't have 9 on that panel. Was Paul quinn injured at that point as well.

winghalfback

Quote from: rrhf on June 14, 2014, 06:08:28 PM
He could have been good enough all right. The big disappointment was pascal . Errigal probably could feel vexed they didn't have 9 on that panel. Was Paul quinn injured at that point as well.

Hugh Quinn Cathal Mc Anenelly Eamonn Mc Caffery Eamonn Kavanagh all good enough too.

EC Unique

Tyrone won the league that year so we done alright. Peter Poughran had a brilliant year for us in 2002 especially in the Ulster club. He stood out against a Crossmaglen team full of AllIreland winners. Unfortunately Pascal choose to retire from County football a year too early. Was gutted for him. I'd say if he had stayed on he would have started on that team.

rrhf

sensethetone

Quote from: rrhf on June 14, 2014, 07:36:30 PM
Who would he have replaced?
In 2003 stevie got injured againist 1st game againist Derry, Seamus Mulgrew started in  Ulster final replay,
McCrossan got subbed in the 1st Down game, Pascal could have had some game time and been effective imo.

rrhf

No doubt but who would he have replaced on the starting 15 in the all Ireland final. 

LeoMc

Quote from: EC Unique on June 14, 2014, 07:08:38 PM
Tyrone won the league that year so we done alright. Peter Poughran had a brilliant year for us in 2002 especially in the Ulster club. He stood out against a Crossmaglen team full of AllIreland winners. Unfortunately Pascal choose to retire from County football a year too early. Was gutted for him. I'd say if he had stayed on he would have started on that team.
I remember going to those 2002 Ulster club matches Loughran and Horisk were outstanding, deserved their places.

barelegs

It's a fairly pointless debate to be having now but I think he'd have been ahead of Enda McGinley at that point. Enda had been playing well but hadn't completely nailed down a spot on the team at that stage. Pascal was definitely Tyrone's best player in 2001 and (if memory serves me right) he'd been- along with Brian Robinson- among the best players in 2002. For my money at that stage he was definitely worth a place in the squad and probably given his form in the years that had preceded, worth a place in 2003.

rrhf

Quote from: LeoMc on June 14, 2014, 11:12:43 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on June 14, 2014, 07:08:38 PM
I remember going to those 2002 Ulster club matches Loughran and Horisk were outstanding, deserved their places.
Always fully

EC Unique

Quote from: rrhf on June 14, 2014, 11:02:43 PM
No doubt but who would he have replaced on the starting 15 in the all Ireland final.

Horse at number 6 possibly.

Club boi

Enough about 2002/2003 Tyrone just been beat, Harte has a lot to answer for!!!!!!!

The Beard

heres hoping for early exit in qualifiers now and get a good summer of club football for once

Club boi

Quote from: The Beard on June 15, 2014, 04:59:20 PM
heres hoping for early exit in qualifiers now and get a good summer of club football for once

Here Here  :)

sam03/05

Time for Harte to go. We have been woeful in Ulster Championship this last four years.

Anyone who selects Ciaran McGinley for a county side should immediately be removed from the job.

hugh the root

Hugh the Root calling Christmas lights. I am still lying prostrate in Monaghan wondering how Stevie O Neill got on ahead of young aspiring players. in your opinion did the person in question have a major say in today's proceedings?Today Christmas Lights I call you a failure!